FBI's credibility problem: Peter Strzok - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #1
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
FBI's credibility problem: Peter Strzok

So this is big enough that even CNN covered it.

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/12/0...bi-supervisor/
Clinton Aides Went Unpunished After Making False Statements To Anti-Trump FBI Supervisor

This guy was the one to give Clinton the informal, unsworn interview. He let Huma and Mills go after they gave false statements to the FBI. He was the one who re-wrote Comey's statement to avoid using "gross negligence" and he was leading the Russia probe at some point.

Oh yea, he is also the one who ambushed and interviewed Flynn without an attorney present.

zero credibility. Shut it down.
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:38 AM   #2
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Oh yea, and the FBI stonewalled congress about this guy for 6 months.
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Old 12-05-2017, 08:03 AM   #3
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
I know this looks bad but just be patient and wait for our resident Dhumbass to explain to us why none of this is problematic.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:19 AM   #4
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Even WaPo has published an op-ed excoriating the FBI and Obama-era Justice Dept.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.6961d7088aa9

Looks like the wheels are coming off the "Obama was a great president" train. How long before indictments come down the pike?
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
AOG:
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
I know this looks bad but just be patient and wait for our resident Dhumbass to explain to us why none of this is problematic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
AOG:
Check!
Old 12-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #7
Act of God

More bias emails reportedly coming
Old 12-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #8
VaderDave
Invictus

And, just like that, the Mueller investigation goes from earthshaking to merely amusing. Nice job, guys.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
And, just like that, the Mueller investigation goes from earthshaking to merely amusing. Nice job, guys.
As long as biased dude isn't actively involved in the investigation anymore I'm not sure how this is true?

In any case, I thought CNN and wapo were fake news.

SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:57 PM   #10
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
It really proves what I always said, no matter what party they're all on the same team... And you aren't
Old 12-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #11
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
As long as biased dude isn't actively involved in the investigation anymore I'm not sure how this is true?

In any case, I thought CNN and wapo were fake news.

See my musings/comment in the Trump thread. I think they're all tainted, by definition.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:20 PM   #12
Rhumb

Quote:
Here, this will explain exactly why none of this is problematic:

A Top FBI Official Sent Anti-Trump Texts. Does That Discredit the Russia Probe?
Hardly.

Excerpt:
Quote:
If all Strzok did, however, was privately express his personal political views, and he otherwise properly conducted himself in the context of his official duties, has he done anything wrong? The short answer is no. Not only are civil servants permitted to retain their personal political views while employed by the U.S. government, but they are even permitted by law to express those personal political views. The Hatch Act, passed in 1939, governs concerns about politics permeating the civil servant workplace. The statute only prohibits civil servants from engaging in political activity, which is directed at the promotion of or advocacy against a political party, group or candidate. Strzok allegedly sent text messages to a colleague mocking President Trump when he was still a candidate, something comparable to what countless of millions of Americans—including, no doubt, many GOP members of Congress—did with respect to both major candidates throughout the 2016 election. Unless Strzok was actually urging his colleague, “we must defeat Trump, vote for Hillary” or something along those lines, his commentary – while unwise – was still permitted under federal law. The fact that he was making those remarks at all is why Mueller removed him from the Russian collusion investigation out of an abundance of caution. That should strengthen our confidence in his investigation, not undermine it.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:57 PM   #13
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Here, this will explain exactly why none of this is problematic:

A Top FBI Official Sent Anti-Trump Texts. Does That Discredit the Russia Probe?
Hardly.

Excerpt:
So if Trump appoints a judge to the SCOTUS who once tweeted that abortion is baby killing, you would be o.k. with that? I know it is not easy to be your own self-parody, but thanks for the laugh.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #14
Act of God

More Mueller team bias, swamp donkeys

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/05/mu...defying-trump/
Mueller's 'Lieutenant' Applauded Official For Defying Trump
Quote:
Andrew Weissman, an attorney working for special counsel Robert Mueller, praised former acting Attorney General Sally Yates for refusing to enforce President Trump's travel ban, emails released Tuesday reveal.

"I am so proud. And in awe. Thank you so much. All my deepest respects," Weissman wrote to Yates on Jan. 30. That same day, Yates told the Justice Department not to defend an executive order banning immigration from seven nations, an act which eventually led to her dismissal by President Trump.

The emails were obtained by conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.

"This is an astonishing and disturbing find. Andrew Weissman, a key prosecutor on Robert Mueller's team, praised Obama DOJ holdover Sally Yates after she lawlessly thwarted President Trump,' Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement. "How much more evidence do we need that the Mueller operation has been irredeemably compromised by anti-Trump partisans? Shut it down."
Tom Fitton is doing better work than Jeff Sessions.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #15
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
More Mueller team bias, swamp donkeys

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/05/mu...defying-trump/
Mueller's 'Lieutenant' Applauded Official For Defying Trump

Tom Fitton is doing better work than Jeff Sessions.
Did Mueller do even rudimentary vetting prior to putting this team together? I'm starting to think the answer is "nope." Even if he didn't care what these people's political biases were (or actually approved of them) it seems pretty tone deaf to choose people who have done these things to be on the team that ostensibly seeks the truth related to Trump's actions.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #16
Act of God

If I had to guess, he actively sought out these people due to their bias.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #17
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
If I had to guess, he actively sought out these people due to their bias.
*Waiting to see which side of the investigation implodes first*
Old 12-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #18
Act of God

Old 12-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #19
Act of God

Super Agent's wife scrubbed her facebook

(courtesy of The_Donald)

Quote:
This is the archive when her attempted "secretive" Facebook page was discovered, look at the likes:
http://archive.is/uxa6f (Dec 3 2017)
this is the Facebook page as archived today:
http://archive.is/N4NL0 (Dec 5 2017)
ALL mentions of support for Democrats, Hillary and Obama have been scrubbed.
Meliisa Hodgman lives at the same address as Peter Strzok and is believe to be his partner/wife. She is ALSO Associate Director in SEC Enforcement Division https://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2016-217.html
SPEZ:
TIMELINE:
FBI FIND NEW CLINTON EMAILS ON WEINER LAPTOP
Oct. 14, 2016 - MELISSA HODGMAN (PETER STRZOK'S WIFE) PROMOTED TO Director in SEC Enforcement Division BY OBAMA https://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2016-217.html
Oct. 28, 2016 - COMEY ANNOUNCES FBI FIND NEW EMAILS ON WEINERS LAPTOP (CASE OVERSEEN BY PETER STRZOK)
FBI leaders knew about new emails for "weeks" before Comey letter http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...102-story.html
... "WEEKS" Before the Comey announcement, Peter Strzok's wife got a major promotion by President Obama - when FBI leaders likely knew the case her husband Peter Strzok was overseeing was about to be reopened and could implicate Hillary Clinton.
Nov 6, 2016: Comey writes a letter clearing the emails found on Weiner's laptop http://documents.latimes.com/fbi-let...clinton-emails.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #20
Rhumb

Quote:
So if Trump appoints a judge to the SCOTUS who once tweeted that abortion is baby killing, you would be o.k. with that? I know it is not easy to be your own self-parody, but thanks for the laugh.
You did read that article right?

Apparently not.

Well let me help you then. Privately sharing a political opinion about a candidate is neither a crime nor a disqualifying action. Did he properly conducted himself in the context of his official duties? Are you suggesting Mueller should only hire Trump supporters?

Even given that, Mueller immediately let him go to avoid even the appearance of bias and impropriety, he's well aware that Trump partisans will seize upon anything to thwart and undermine his investigation.