My childfree status is (almost) official. - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2018, 04:30 PM   #21
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i would like to thank you guys for not reporoducing.
Hopefully you don't either
If you want to make a statement that we all ought to get on board to fight poverty, I'm with you. If you want to say that we ought to fight income inequality I'm not with you at all. Because I don't think that the rich guy stole from the poor guy. In fact rich people don't get rich by stealing from poor people because it turns out poor people don't have money.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:57 PM   #22
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Hopefully you don't either
it was a test , you passed.

Last edited by mistrzmiasta; 07-31-2018 at 05:58 PM.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:32 PM   #23
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansteve View Post
I'm going in the fall. We have 2 kids and are DONE.

Is there any reason to get put completely under during the procedure? What do you feel if you stay awake?
Absolutely not. It really isn't a big deal at all. Honestly, it is about as much pain as getting a cavity filled. Afterward wasn't bad. Just follow instructions and you're golden.

The worst part for me was the nurse spraying my junk with betadine before the procedure...it just seemed cold...not even that bad though. Hopefully that gives an idea of the relative discomfort, hah.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:21 AM   #24
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
Quote:
I'm going in the fall. We have 2 kids and are DONE.

Is there any reason to get put completely under during the procedure? What do you feel if you stay awake?
Nah. There's a bit of cold when the doc cleans the area, a little sting from the initial injection, and you'll feel a little tug and pull here and there, but that's it. At one point in the very beginning, it'll feel like someone is thumping you on the right nut. Hard. Just grit your teeth and get through it; it will pass quickly. Go ahead and get a week's worth of jockstraps. They GREATLY reduce the amount of discomfort.

Tomorrow will have been one week and I still have some soreness. It's not unbearable, but it's uncomfortable at times. It gets better every day, though.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #25
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
The two worst parts for me:

1. The nurse declaring, upon first sight of my junk, that I had not properly shaved my scrotum as instructed. Initially, I just felt embarrassed like I had not completed a homework assignment. But that quickly gave way to sheer terror as she started flailing away on my scrotum with a razor to "finish the job" while sharing morning commute traffic stories with another nurse. Ultimately, no harm or pain was experienced and I reverted back to homework shame. I really did try to do a good job.

2. The urologist dragging a scalpel across my scrotum before the lidocaine was fully working. Yes, it feels exactly like you expect it to feel when someone slices open your nutsack. Backstory: I was scheduled to have the procedure the previous afternoon, but the doctor had some emergencies that caused them to push my appointment to the next morning. It was pretty obvious the entire staff was trying to make up for lost time so to hell with waiting the full 10 minutes for the lidocaine to work, chop, chop!

The best part: I had joked with the staff that my wife was certain I would chicken out and not get the procedure done. As I was paying on my way out after the procedure, the nurse gave me the follow up kit and a small jar with two tiny little straw-like things inside. I asked what it was and she said it was the two sections of vas deferens they removed so I could give my wife proof. I thought the two wounds on my scrotum would have been sufficient proof, but I thought this was hysterical.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:19 AM   #26
LeMansteve

My Ride: sold - '04 330i
That nurse has a good sense of humor.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:37 AM   #27
SPDSKTR

I took my sweet, sweet time shaving my sack the night before. Because they did the "no-scalpel method", they said it wasn't quite as crucial as it used to be.

I was fortunate that the doctor was generous with the lidocaine and checked to make sure I was numb before starting anything. Anytime I felt any kind of discomfort, he shot some more in there to ensure I was comfortable throughout the whole thing.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:00 AM   #28
trizzuth

My Ride: Best M5 ever made
mother F'ers. reading this thread makes me not want to do this.

I already have 2 kids, but want no part of someone cutting into my scrotum with a scalpel. I think I will just wait for menopause.

What exactly is the "no scalpel" method?

Did any of you get cauterized too? What does it smell like when your skeet tubes get singed? Pleasant?

How long is it after the operation before you can have sex again? (not talking about unprotected sex and jizzing inside obvs, just sex in general).

Must be a nice feeling to jizz with no worries. I want to do this all the time after a quick session and go again for round 2, but then there's residuals and I get nervous cause I never use any protection because married. But do not want any more kids no way no how. Wife and I argue way too much now for me to even care about getting this done honestly, HA.

2003 BMW E39 M5 - Current!
2001 BMW 330i - Totaled at 236K :(
1996 Mitsubishi Galant S - gone at 121K
1993 Volvo 850 GLT - gone at 89K
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K

trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:10 AM   #29
SPDSKTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
mother F'ers. reading this thread makes me not want to do this.
It's not that bad.

Quote:
I already have 2 kids, but want no part of someone cutting into my scrotum with a scalpel. I think I will just wait for menopause.

What exactly is the "no scalpel" method?
Instead of using a scalpel and making a larger incision, they use a tiny pair of scissor and make one little snip in your scrotum. It results in much faster healing time, less discomfort afterwards, and a faster procedure.

Quote:
Did any of you get cauterized too? What does it smell like when your skeet tubes get singed? Pleasant?
He tied off the ends of my snipped vas deferens with a permanent suture. Apparently cauterizing can result in further discomfort after the procedure since your body is now having to deal with a burn.

Quote:
How long is it after the operation before you can have sex again? (not talking about unprotected sex and jizzing inside obvs, just sex in general).
The doctor told me one week. Well... it's been a week. I'm still having some soreness that's preventing me from wanting to risk it. I'd rather not screw anything up since this is my junk I'm dealing with. I may have to wait another three or four days, which sucks. Majorly.

Quote:
Must be a nice feeling to jizz with no worries. I want to do this all the time after a quick session and go again for round 2, but then there's residuals and I get nervous cause I never use any protection because married. But do not want any more kids no way no how. Wife and I argue way too much now for me to even care about getting this done honestly, HA.
I'm looking forward to my negative test results. Kids are too much of a hassle and put too much of a strain on relationships, which is exactly why I wanted this done. The only thing Mrs. SPDSKTR and I argue about is what to eat for dinner.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:17 AM   #30
trizzuth

LOL, watch your incision carefully. I had a friend who got this done and he got a bad infection there because he couldn't wait to have sex and stuck it in the vag and then subsequently got an infection. Nice to know that what gives you pleasure can also infect you. HA Made things MUCH MUCH worse, far far more pain.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #31
SPDSKTR

Quote:
LOL, watch your incision carefully. I had a friend who got this done and he got a bad infection there because he couldn't wait to have sex and stuck it in the vag and then subsequently got an infection. Nice to know that what gives you pleasure can also infect you. HA Made things MUCH MUCH worse, far far more pain.
The incision is just about healed. I'm going to test some self-love first before doing anything else.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:29 AM   #32
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
The incision is just about healed. I'm going to test some self-love first before doing anything else.
wonder if there is going to be any strange feeling or pain when you skeet that first time

Old 08-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #33
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
wonder if there is going to be any strange feeling or pain when you skeet that first time
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #34
SPDSKTR

I read something that if you get off too early after the vasectomy, you can definitely expect to spurt red.

So I'll just wait.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #35
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
I read something that if you get off too early after the vasectomy, you can definitely expect to spurt red.

So I'll just wait.
I can confirm that.

Sent from my Pixel using E46Fanatics mobile app
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #36
SPDSKTR

Well that was a long eight days.

Now I'm on Day 10... still a little achy if I move wrong, but significantly better than before.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #37
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Quote:

So I'll just wait.
[IMG]https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/kim-kardashian-vampire-facial-1519935958.jpg?resize=768:*[/IMG]

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961

Last edited by Brucifer325; 08-06-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:10 AM   #38
SPDSKTR

Old 08-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #39
LeMansteve

My Ride: sold - '04 330i
So it sounds like 1-2 weeks of discomfort and no sex? In that case, there will be lots of sex right before the operation.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #40
SPDSKTR

Quote:
So it sounds like 1-2 weeks of discomfort and no sex? In that case, there will be lots of sex right before the operation.
I'm on Day #12 and there is an absolute minimum amount of discomfort. I figure by Monday, I'll be right back to 100%.

Expect at least one week without getting off. It'll suck, but not waiting it out will suck even more.

10/10. Would get a vasectomy again.