The real hate: Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2018 - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:27 PM   #61
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
https://www.npr.org/2019/02/05/69164...Id8C02oBN9fhFY

Quote:
Gavin McInnes, the founder of the far-right, all-male group Proud Boys, has filed a defamation lawsuit against the Southern Poverty Law Center.

SPLC has labeled the Proud Boys a hate group and has published a series of articles with examples of racist, misogynistic and transphobic quotes.

McInnes is perhaps best known as a co-founder of Vice Media, a position he left in 2008. He founded the Proud Boys group in 2016, describing it as a "men's club that meets about once a month to drink beer."

The SPLC has said the reality is more complicated. "McInnes plays a duplicitous rhetorical game: rejecting white nationalism and, in particular, the term 'alt-right' (sounds like someone we know) while espousing some of its central tenets," the center states.

Additionally, it states, "rank-and-file Proud Boys and leaders regularly spout white nationalist memes and maintain affiliations with known extremists. They are known for anti-Muslim and misogynistic rhetoric. Proud Boys have appeared alongside other hate groups at extremist gatherings like the 'Unite the Right' rally in Charlottesville."

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.

Last edited by joeski3d; 02-05-2019 at 07:30 PM.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #62
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Ilhan Omar walks back her tweets, apologizes for remarks condemned as anti-Semetic.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/11/polit...ash/index.html
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #63
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
Curious, what positions does he hold that are "far right"? Are you able to lay them out, or is this another ORANGE MAN ALT BAD situation?
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:22 PM   #64
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Ilhan Omar walks back her tweets, apologizes for remarks condemned as anti-Semetic.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/11/polit...ash/index.html
Good for her for doing so, as she well should have done. Also good for the highest levels of the Dem Congressional leadership for immediately calling her out on that Tweet. Serves as a good example for all parties.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:27 PM   #65
Rhumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Curious, what positions does he hold that are "far right"? Are you able to lay them out, or is this another ORANGE MAN ALT BAD situation?
Seriously, what positions does he hold that aren't "far right," unless you've redefined its definition so far to the right horizon that effectively anything else is to the left?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #66
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Seriously, what positions does he hold that aren't "far right," unless you've redefined its definition so far to the right horizon that effectively anything else is to the left?
Tell me, what is "far right" about him? Please cite specific examples. If you can't come up with anything other than "he's an a-hole who refuses to be PC" I will accept your apology now.
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Old 02-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #67
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Whenever I hear Proud Boys, the Lost Boys come to mind.

If you want to make a statement that we all ought to get on board to fight poverty, I'm with you. If you want to say that we ought to fight income inequality I'm not with you at all. Because I don't think that the rich guy stole from the poor guy. In fact rich people don't get rich by stealing from poor people because it turns out poor people don't have money.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #68
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Good for her for doing so, as she well should have done. Also good for the highest levels of the Dem Congressional leadership for immediately calling her out on that Tweet. Serves as a good example for all parties.
I just have to wonder why it is that as soon as she got into Congress, her first order of business (after calling Trump a MFer) was to take potshots at the Jews. It's not a good look.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:49 PM   #69
joeski3d

Quote:
I just have to wonder why it is that as soon as she got into Congress, her first order of business (after calling Trump a MFer) was to take potshots at the Jews. It's not a good look.
Can't figure the context that would make her believe that was a good move. Political Darwinism.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #70
Act of God

Quote:
Thank heavens you posted this to demonstrate to the world your never-ending exhibition of apex-level hypocrisy.

You'd have an entire thread dedicated to any GOP politician who said the crap she did and he or she would be out of a job already.

But this one? "Good for her for doing so"

Old 02-11-2019, 07:26 PM   #71
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank heavens you posted this to demonstrate to the world your never-ending exhibition of apex-level hypocrisy.

You'd have an entire thread dedicated to any GOP politician who said the crap she did and he or she would be out of a job already.

I'll bail Rhumb out on this one. What he meant to post was, "Good for her doing so, as she well should have done so her vile remarks and prejudices can be brought to light and dragged into the public court of condemnation."
If you want to make a statement that we all ought to get on board to fight poverty, I'm with you. If you want to say that we ought to fight income inequality I'm not with you at all. Because I don't think that the rich guy stole from the poor guy. In fact rich people don't get rich by stealing from poor people because it turns out poor people don't have money.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #72
VaderDave
Invictus

I think he meant "good for her" for apologizing and walking back from her comments. I don't think he meant to applaud her original statements.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #73
Rhumb

Quote:

Should I have modeled your instant searing rebukes of the years of far more blatant bigoted comment of say, Steve King or the very head of the GOP, Donald Trump? Might want to rethink your charge of apex-level hypocrisy given your flight-level gazillion in this area.

As I mentioned, I think it proper that she has taken full ownership of her remarks. I'll grant her a limited freshman's Mulligan in that:

She may not have fully known/appreciated the anti-semitic history of her remarks.

She seems to have been criticizing Israeli government policies (legitimate) and lobbying rather than a broad Jewish critique (not so legitimate) , which can be a treacherous shoal/distinction to accurately navigate.

Make no mistake, my comments are not an open grant of absolvement, a la the Right's for Steve King's endless record of contenanced anti-semitism.

Now, AOG, perhaps you can share your vast library of rebukes against Steve King's vast library of manifestly anti-semitic remarks, just to clear any lingering hypocrisy questions. Just want to confirm your bona fides in credibly asserting such hypocrisy on my part.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #74
Act of God

Quote:
I think he meant "good for her" for apologizing and walking back from her comments. I don't think he meant to applaud her original statements.
That is what he meant. To him, her half asses apology is enough to move on. Do you think he'd be so forgiving if a white dude said the SAME WORDS?

Do ya?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #75
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I'll bail Rhumb out on this one. What he meant to post was, "Good for her doing so, as she well should have done so her vile remarks and prejudices can be brought to light and dragged into the public court of condemnation."
See my reply to Dave above. I know he wasn't applauding her vile remarks, he's just hypocritically fast to move on since

Democrat
POC
Muslim

A, b or c...or all three

There would be no coming back, under any circumstances , if this was a white Christian republican doing the exact same thing.

Last edited by Act of God; 02-11-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #76
Rhumb

Quote:
Thanks, I'm certainly not defending her remarks, and neither is she. She has unequivocally apologized for her remarks.

This stands in stark constrast to the far greater number of racist, bigoted remarks, starting most egregiously from Trump on down, that have been excused in any number of ways (not being PC, telling it like it is, etc.) when that's been merely thin cover for the bigotry and racism they incorporate.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:40 PM   #77
Act of God

Quote:
Thanks, I'm certainly not defending her remarks, and neither is she. She has unequivocally apologized for her remarks.

This stands in stark constrast to the far greater number of racist, bigoted remarks, starting most egregiously from Trump on down, that have been excused in any number of ways (not being PC, telling it like it is, etc.) when that's been merely thin cover for the bigotry and racism they incorporate.
Name one thing trump said that's as bad....one
Old 02-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #78
joeski3d

Quote:
See my reply to Dave above. I know he wasn't applauding her vile remarks, he's just hypocritically fast to move on since

Democrat
POC
Muslim

A, b or c...or all three

There would be no coming back, under any circumstances , if this was a white Christian republican doing the exact same thing.
Here's a novel concept for you to gnaw on. Hold her to the same level of scrutiny as you do your lord Trump. Then see where the day takes you.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:57 PM   #79
Rhumb

As opposed to the vast ocean of, say, Trump "saying it as it is?"

Last edited by Rhumb; 02-11-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #80
Act of God

Show me Trump saying anything like this, I already asked once.

Hell, she retweeted a HOOK NOSED JEW comment

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/11/o...-semitic-nose/
Omar Retweets Statement Equating Her Israel Comments With Calling Jews 'Hook-Nosed'