Baltimore giving Chicago a run for it's money on corruption - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #1
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Baltimore giving Chicago a run for it's money on corruption

I forgot about that stupid mayor during the Freddie Gray crap

https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/03...fice-disgrace/
Baltimore Mayor Third In A Row To Leave Office In Disgrace
Quote:
On Thursday, Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh resigned after a month of scandal that culminated with an FBI and IRS seizure of dozens of boxes of documents last week. Pugh’s second career as a children’s book author of future classics like “Healthy Holly: Fruits Come in Colors Like a Rainbow” and “Exercising Is Fun” became the subject of much controversy when she began to collect huge sums for her works.

The Baltimore mayoral office has been troubled for more than a decade. Pugh is the third Baltimore mayor in a row to vacate office in a cloud of shame. Her predecessor, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, chose not to run for re-election following the death of Freddie Gray and subsequent city riots in 2015. Her response to the crises was widely criticized. Once a rising star of the Democrat Party, Rawlings-Blake, just 49, is now out of politics.

Rawlings-Blake began her mayoral stint in the fog of another disgraced Baltimore mayor, Sheila Dixon. Dixon was investigated for theft, fraud, embezzlement, and perjury shortly after taking office in 2008. The most notable crime was the theft of donated gift cards intended for needy families, which she used to purchase several fur coats and designer shoes.

She was indicted on 12 counts by a federal grand jury. Although she did not serve jail time as part of a plea deal, she resigned in 2010 with a promise not to seek any political office for the term of her probation.
Hard to top a threepeat
Old 05-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #2
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
This is unacceptable, we gotta turn it up a notch.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #3
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Three black women mayors in a row - all three ineffective, corrupt and disgraced - and all three Democrats.

There hasn’t been a white man as mayor of Baltimore since 2007 when Martin O’Malley became governor of Maryland (last seen running for president in 2016).

There hasn’t been a Republican mayor of Baltimore since Theodore McKeldin in the 1940’s and again in the 1960’s (he was governor of Maryland in the 1950’s).
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #4
Bidno

My Ride: 2002 325i
Unacceptable. Sadly September 11 is many years in our past though the corpse of Bin Ladin is well-rotted. It is time for FBI to return focus to routing corruption from government. Lock them up and throw away the key

Last edited by Bidno; 05-03-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Bidno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidno View Post
Unacceptable. Sadly September 11 is many years in our past though the corpse of Bin Ladin is well-rotted. It is time for FBI to return focus to routing corruption from government. Lock them up and throw away the key
404: Baltimore not found.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #6
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidno View Post
I don't know where you came from, but go back there.

Last edited by bgsmith; 05-04-2019 at 09:21 AM.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #7
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post

Thank goodness sheriff bongSmith is here protecting this thread from unauthorized interlopers. I feel much safer now.
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:42 PM   #8
Bidno

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Huh? Haha, guess I stumbled into the wrong thread.
Bidno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:57 AM   #9
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
404: Baltimore not found.
If you want to make a statement that we all ought to get on board to fight poverty, I'm with you. If you want to say that we ought to fight income inequality I'm not with you at all. Because I don't think that the rich guy stole from the poor guy. In fact rich people don't get rich by stealing from poor people because it turns out poor people don't have money.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote