2020 Chevrolet Corvette - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2019, 07:46 PM   #21
TitaniumSilber
Banned User

My Ride: E46 Cabrio stick
the nameplate...Corvette.....has always, and will always make me look for the nearest vomit bag. It seems the only ppl whom owns these dinosaurs are overweight beer-belly 55-70yr olds whom were envy of the 1 guy whom had one in late 70s-early80s highschool. Same goes for the nauseating over-done retro Camaros & Firebirds. Also throw in the nauseating Dodge Chargers and such. Hell, throw in the Mustang. That retro look is soooo passe'.

I give GM kudos for actually "trying" to be different with that dinosaur. But, the horrendous fit & finish, & the squeaks & rattles from the Corvette dash will always be there from those unionized workers. One has to be a complete moron to buy a GM, Chrysler, or Ford product. I'll always buy foreign.

Buy a Honda or a Mazda...and you will drive it for life. Those are the best cars on the market. ME-interested in pleasurable reliable transportation, not having a goofy looking Corvette in my driveway.

I've put my Flame Suit on.

(EDIT: just a note to add. In my GF's Chatelaine magazine, 80% of women prefer a man whom drives a foreign car, be it a BMW, Audi, MB, etc. The article goes further and even states that women are turned off by doofuses whom drive American retro sh1t, including the vomitus Corvette. Jus sayin. )

Last edited by TitaniumSilber; 07-20-2019 at 08:28 PM.
TitaniumSilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:59 PM   #22
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumSilber View Post
the nameplate...Corvette.....has always, and will always make me look for the nearest vomit bag. It seems the only ppl whom owns these dinosaurs are overweight beer-belly 55-70yr olds whom were envy of the 1 guy whom had one in late 70s-early80s highschool. Same goes for the nauseating over-done retro Camaros & Firebirds. Also throw in the nauseating Dodge Chargers and such. Hell, throw in the Mustang. That retro look is soooo passe'.

I give GM kudos for actually "trying" to be different with that dinosaur. But, the horrendous fit & finish, & the squeaks & rattles from the Corvette dash will always be there from those unionized workers. One has to be a complete moron to buy a GM, Chrysler, or Ford product. I'll always buy foreign.

Buy a Honda or a Mazda...and you will drive it for life. Those are the best cars on the market. ME-interested in pleasurable reliable transportation, not having a goofy looking Corvette in my driveway.

(EDIT: just a note to add. In my GF's Chatelaine magazine, 80% of women prefer a man whom drives a foreign car, be it a BMW, Audi, MB, etc. The article goes further and even states that women are turned off by doofuses whom drive American retro sh1t, including the vomitus Corvette. Jus sayin. )

How old are you?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:19 AM   #23
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post

How old are you?
16 maybe 17
Old 07-21-2019, 08:29 AM   #24
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:

Being in Canada, you don't have much choice but to buy foreign, right?
----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Xcelratr; 07-21-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:41 AM   #25
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelratr View Post
being in canada, you don't have much choice but to buy foreign, right?
oh snap!!!
Old 07-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #26
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Being in Canada, you don't have much choice but to buy foreign, right?
maybe he rides a moose to school
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:58 AM   #27
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
maybe he rides a moose to school
Moose is too high class for him.

He's on the short dog sled.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:58 AM   #28
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
(EDIT: just a note to add. In my BF's Chatelaine magazine, 80% of men prefer a man whom drives a foreign car, be it a BMW, Audi, MB, etc. The article goes further and even states that men are turned off by doofuses whom drive American retro sh1t, including the vomitus Corvette. Jus sayin. )
Fixed.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:13 PM   #29
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Quote:

https://www.chatelaine.com/style/fan...-packs/slide-1

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:32 PM   #30
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Sorry folks, park's closed. Moose out front shoulda told yah.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #31
TitaniumSilber
Banned User

Flame Suit has been werkin well

54 yrs old...1 yr below the limit of fatold-beer-gut wanna-be-young-again Corvette owners, so I pass.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion....I HATE all goofy-looking Corvettes, retro Dodge Chargers, Mustangs, and the USA-made junk. Learned my lesson back in the 90s when my GF was dishing out monthly repair bills on her stupid Pontiac GrandAm.....complete GARBAGE. (edit: whilst "I" was driving my then-20+yr old 250,000mile 1978 Honda Civic with not a worry in the world!...Annnd, maybe just my cheapskate 2 oil changes in its eventual 350,000mile lifespan? Honda= BEST $ can buy! I've been thru the Dodge Caravan repairs in the 90s. Garbage! You cannot change my mind about US-made garbage, but go ahead & try!

Editx2: My apologies to my US neighbors for, perhaps(?) insulting their US-made garbage. Please accept. I jus know I'd rather drive a new Civic for the next 20yrs than be bringing in a GM product annually for fixing this & fixing that. I value MY money when it comes to a vehicle purchase. Remember this post next time you have to bring in your US vehicle to the stealership for fixing's!

Only Honda, Toyota, Mazda, BMW, Audi, MB, etc for me. Even Kia, Subaru or Mitsubishi.
I hope all the US auto industry dies a slow, ..no fast ...death, by dwindling sales. Leave the reliable pleasurable autos to the making by the more competent foreigners. God save the moron whom actually buys a new Chevy Impala.

Last edited by TitaniumSilber; 07-21-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #32
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
Five words: FUGLY.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 07-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #33
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
The proportions would look so much better if they skipped that weird trunk in the rear, no one takes their vettes golfing anyway. The whole car and the therefore the wheelbase is longer than it needs to be.

Last edited by Stankia; 07-21-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:05 PM   #34
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
The proportions would look so much better if they skipped that weird trunk in the rear, no one takes their vettes golfing anyway. The whole car and the therefore the wheelbase is longer than it needs to be.
I believe I read they did that for racing purposes, could be wrong though.

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

ss
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #35
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I believe I read they did that for racing purposes, could be wrong though.

You ARE wrong. No one races a corvette.

Sent from this ghey as5 app.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:58 PM   #36
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Here, now they can sell it for 100k:

Last edited by Stankia; 07-21-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:46 PM   #37
TitaniumSilber
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganFreeman View Post
You ARE wrong. No one races a corvette.

that's cuz they are 65-75yr old farts whom would actually buy 1 of these to unsuccessfully try to re-live their youth & try to attract 45yr old divorced gold-digging whores (BILL BURR - Ytube) whom haven't been laid in years.

Corvettes are old-school has-beens.

per Morgan. Not only FUGLY. But....GOOFY.

I wouldn't allow even a 65-yr-old-beer-belly-gut FRIEND to park that FUGLY thing in my driveway for fear of neighbors to see a US-made over-priced notorius-GM-squeaking&creaking-dash & overly-designed product in my driveway. EeeeeeewwWW !! (this is a big stretch...but I'd rather drive a Prius, jus to have a minimal respect from my neighbors.)

Interesting....post has only the RED colour. Proof of over-the-hill wanna-be mid-life-crisis old farts trying to think they are young again. Wake-UP call. Corvettes are has-been.

Last edited by TitaniumSilber; 07-21-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #38
TitaniumSilber
Banned User

hey OT youngsters.....are you even OLD enough to remember the 1983-skip-a-year Corvette, to bring about the-then-next trashy 1984 'vette?

I rest my case.

You can't GIVE those '84 vettes away.

Last edited by TitaniumSilber; 07-21-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:41 PM   #39
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
^ I think this guy is jealous of all the people who are going to buy this car.

Sorry you have to drive a 15 (at least) year old BMW bro, but hey at least you got that convertible life.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:17 AM   #40
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
I think it looks awesome.

The rear is a little weird, agree on the pipes looking funny. It's like they took a Ferrari profile with the angular lines of a Lambo and out popped this. A supercar style, nearly supercar performance, for $60k. Amazing.

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote