"Voter Fraud Doesn't Exist" - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:58 AM   #61
Lair

My Ride: e90,e90, $5k Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatriel View Post
Can we have voter competency tests?
Does germany require them for you german citizens?

Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #62
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
http://watchdog.org/162159/vote-fraud-non-citizens/

Hard to have statistics about fraud when the people in charge refuse to investigate it.

Quote:
FAIRFAX, Va. - Four years after the Fairfax County election board began uncovering cases of alleged voter fraud, the local prosecutor has not taken action, and has nothing to say.

More than 200 names were turned over to Commonwealth Attorney Raymond Morrogh for investigation. The names appeared on voter rolls, even though the individuals had excused themselves from jury duty because they were not citizens.

"This should be easy to prosecute," said Reagan George, director of Virginia Voters Alliance, an election watch group.

But the cases have fallen through bureaucratic cracks in Virginia's most populous county - and most of the identified aliens remain on the voting rolls.

Fairfax Clerk of Court John Frey said he produced the list of names at the request of the Electoral Board. But neither Frey nor the board has prosecutorial powers in the matter.

According to board records, 278 registered voters did not affirm citizenship, as required, between 2010 and the end of 2011.

Of these, 117 had a history of voting within Virginia.

The Electoral Board referred its findings to Morrogh on four occasions: June 25, 2010; Feb. 28, 2011; May 3, 2011; and Aug. 18, 2011.

Names of an additional 36 non-affirming voters were relayed to the commonwealth attorney March 2, 2012.

Receiving no response from Morrogh, the board stopped sending data to his office.

Brian Schoeneman, secretary of the Electoral Board, said, "One of the most frustrating things is to have evidence that, on its face, justifies further investigation ... and then to see zero action."

"People say there's no voter fraud because there are no convictions," noted Schoeneman, a Republican and an attorney.

Election-integrity organizations call the "no-fraud" assertion both misleading and self-fulfilling when prosecutors will not prosecute.

Morrogh, a Democrat, did not respond to Watchdog's inquiries.

Catherine Engelbrecht, president of the Texas-based group, True the Vote, said the Obama administration has chilled the atmosphere for warranted prosecutions.

"The kind of selective justice being meted out by the Fairfax County prosecutor, though clearly a violation of voters' rights, is part of the 'new normal' standard supported nationwide by Eric Holder's Department of Justice," Engelbrecht told Watchdog.

Engelbrecht noted that in 2009, U.S. Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandez "set out clear marching orders to all DOJ attorneys - suppress state efforts to maintain accurate voter rolls."

"They attacked states like Florida and Colorado for even attempting to remove non-citizens from their registry," she said.

The DOJ justified its approach by arguing that such maintenance procedures would decrease voter turnout.

"But instead it's engendered a growing outrage among voters who have gotten fed up with the open borders approach to our election system," Engelbrecht said.

"As a result, demand for basic election integrity policies like photo voter ID is now reaching record levels of popularity."

"American voters want free and fair elections. The Holder Justice Department wants control. Decisions like that of Fairfax County suggest that county officials fear the power of the DOJ more than they fear the power of people," she said.

"History will one day reflect that they had it backwards. American voters have had just about enough."

Article II Section 1 of the Constitution states: "In elections by the people, the qualifications of voters shall be as follows: Each voter shall be a citizen of the United States, shall be 18 years of age, shall fulfill the residence requirements set forth in this section, and shall be registered to vote pursuant to this article."

Election fraud in Virginia can be classified as a "false statement," a Class 5 felony punishable by up to a year in prison and a fine of up to $2,500.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #63
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
la di da

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...gain-john-fund
Quote:
When he raised the issue of filling out some of the unused ballots that are mailed to every household in the state this month, he was told by Meredith Hicks, the director of Work for Progress, a liberal group funded by Democratic Super PACS.: "That is not even like lying or something, if someone throws out a ballot, like if you want to fill it out you should do it." She then brazenly offered O'Keefe, disguised as a middle-aged college instructor, a job with her group.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...n-workers-rai/
Quote:
DENVER - It's harvest time in Colorado, and not just for pumpkins. Concerns are running high over door-to-door campaign workers asking voters for their mail-in ballots in what is known as "ballot harvesting."

Now that all-mail voting is the law of the land in Colorado, the challenge for campaigns is to persuade voters to drop off or mail in their ballots - or hand them to the foot soldiers who turn up on their doorsteps offering to do it for them.

While it's legal to give your ballot to someone else - one person may turn in up to 10 ballots - election watchers worry that the practice is ripe for abuse.

"These are totally unauthorized people coming to the door and gathering ballots and doing whatever they want to them," said Marilyn Marks, president of the Aspen-based Citizen Center, which focuses on election integrity.

"If I have collected your ballot, I could do the honest thing and put it in the mail for you, or take it to the clerk's office and drop it off - or I could look inside, open it gently, see how you voted, and if I didn't like it, I could make some changes," said Ms. Marks. "Or the other thing I could do, if I don't like the way you're voting, I could throw your ballot in the trash can."

In a Denver Post op-ed, Ms. Marks urged voters not to turn over their ballots to strangers. Secretary of State Scott Gessler has asked voters to give their ballots only to people they know, and to verify afterward that their ballot was received on GoVoteColorado.com.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...C-Voting-Rolls
Quote:
With the North Carolina U.S. Senate race in a dead heta, state election officials say they have discovered 145 names on the voting rolls who are ineligible to vote because they are illegal immigrants who have been granted President Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...arizona-video/
Quote:
An Arizona county party official said he saw a man stuffing "hundreds" of ballots into the ballot box and later told a local news outlet the entire incident was caught on surveillance video.

"A person wearing a Citizens for a Better Arizona T-shirt dropped a large box of hundreds of early ballots on the table and started stuffing the ballot box as I watched in amazement," said A.J. LaFaro, chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Party...

...LaFaro said it all happened as he was working with the elections staff during early ballots processing. The team in charge of processing the ballots got "way ahead" so the information systems coordinator convened an extended lunch period from 11:30- 1:00 p.m.

It was between 12:54 and 1:04 that LaFaro said he was seated at one of the cubicles, heard a loud thud and turned around to see the man who he claims was caught on tape stuffing "hundreds" of ballots. LaFaro described the man as a "vulgar, disrespectful, violent thug" with "no respect for our laws." He said he would have followed the man to his car to get his tag number but "feared for [his] life."

"America used to be a nation of laws where one person had one vote," LaFaro said, the Daily Independent reported. "I'm sad to say not anymore."
Old 10-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #64
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Again, isolated and apparently inconsequential instances, quite in contrast to the disenfranchisement of hundreds of thousands of voters being undertaken by the right under the thin guise of addressing this inconsequential problem.

Basically, AOG anecdotes aside, it's a cure being far, far worse than the disease its purported to treat -lopping off a limb to cure a splinter. This is but voter suppression masquerading on a flimsy gauze of voting integrity while doing far more to damage the electoral process than the rare instances of real voter fraud ever have.

Last edited by Rhumb; 10-22-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #65
Act of God

Voter turnout increased in states that implemented ID laws, try again muchacho. I'm not even saying that ID is the cure-all for the weaknesses in our voting system, I'm showing you that the mantra that "voter fraud does not exist" is fabricated BS
Old 10-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #66
Act of God

This is straight out of the cartoons

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...linois-county/
Quote:
'Calibration error' changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county
Published October 22, 2014
watchdog.org

CHICAGO - Early voting in Illinois got off to a rocky start Monday, as votes being cast for Republican candidates were transformed into votes for Democrats.

Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan went to vote Monday at the Schaumburg Public Library.

"I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent," Moynihan said. "You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat."
Old 10-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #67
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Again, isolated and apparently inconsequential instances, quite in contrast to the disenfranchisement of hundreds of thousands of voters being undertaken by the right under the thin guise of addressing this inconsequential problem.

Basically, AOG anecdotes aside, it's a cure being far, far worse than the disease its purported to treat -lopping off a limb to cure a splinter. This is but voter suppression masquerading on a flimsy gauze of voting integrity while doing far more to damage the electoral process than the rare instances of real voter fraud ever have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Voter turnout increased in states that implemented ID laws, try again muchacho. I'm not even saying that ID is the cure-all for the weaknesses in our voting system, I'm showing you that the mantra that "voter fraud does not exist" is fabricated BS
The isolated disputes that happen on this forum with the laced sucker punches deserve a
If you want to make a statement that we all ought to get on board to fight poverty, I'm with you. If you want to say that we ought to fight income inequality I'm not with you at all. Because I don't think that the rich guy stole from the poor guy. In fact rich people don't get rich by stealing from poor people because it turns out poor people don't have money.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #68
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
Quote:
This is straight out of the cartoons

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...linois-county/
They used a resistive touchscreen rather than capacitive to save money. It's pretty obvious what the problem is just from the description of the error in the article...

Knowing our government, they paid for the cheapest possible machine. Resistive touchscreens have been notorious for this type of thing. It's terrible hardware, not fraud.

http://www.dawar.com/Industrial-Touc...ront-resistive

Quote:
Applications: Point of sale, kiosks, voting machines, financial devices, gaming machines
http://iosrjournals.org/iosr-jece/pa.../C09331621.pdf
P18: Design decision to use resistive touchscreen for a proposed modern voting machine.

But of course, Fox News won't report anything like that because reasonable explanations don't sell

Last edited by Zell; 10-23-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #69
bagher
Account closed.

Send a message via AIM to bagher
Quote:
is it statistically significant yet?
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #70
Zell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
is it statistically significant yet?
Old 10-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #71
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
They used a resistive touchscreen rather than capacitive to save money. It's pretty obvious what the problem is just from the description of the error in the article...

Knowing our government, they paid for the cheapest possible machine. Resistive touchscreens have been notorious for this type of thing. It's terrible hardware, not fraud.

http://www.dawar.com/Industrial-Touc...ront-resistive

http://iosrjournals.org/iosr-jece/pa.../C09331621.pdf
P18: Design decision to use resistive touchscreen for a proposed modern voting machine.

But of course, Fox News won't report anything like that because reasonable explanations don't sell
Where are you getting this information from? It isn't listed in either of the articles (posted article or the link within the article).
Old 10-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #72
Rhumb

Quote:
Voter turnout increased in states that implemented ID laws, try again muchacho.
Yeah, this is engendering some real backlash in some southern states, which is giving the local GOP parties some real heartburn.

Quote:
I'm not even saying that ID is the cure-all for the weaknesses in our voting system, I'm showing you that the mantra that "voter fraud does not exist" is fabricated BS
I would say by far the greatest weakness in our electoral system is not enough people voting -- not too many much less the vanishingly small issue of actual voter fraud -- as the quickest scans of voter turnout stats would sadly indicate.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #73
Zell

Quote:
Where are you getting this information from? It isn't listed in either of the articles (posted article or the link within the article).
Self-research. Capacitive touch screens don't need to be calibrated, but resistive touch screens regularly need it. The error description in the article is a spot-on diagnosis of a resistive touch screen downfall. Remember how awful it was to use Palm Pilots, or Windows Mobile devices? That's the same technology that they think should be used for voting.

Voting machines are essentially fancier POS (Point of Sale, also piece of ****, as we've seen) devices, and they all tend to use the cheapest possible hardware available because they need to mass-produce them to do only a very specific job at a very competitive price. Unfortunately, many people didn't consider the fact that having a good touch screen is pretty darn important for voting.

Shoot, I'd even take physical buttons like at ATMs. Why do they need a touch screen? They've demonstrated that they are not interested in obtaining the right hardware to reliably do this. I find it extraordinarily disappointing.

Last edited by Zell; 10-23-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #74
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
I would say by far the greatest weakness in our electoral system is not enough people voting -- not too many much less the vanishingly small issue of actual voter fraud -- as the quickest scans of voter turnout stats would sadly indicate.
Most people don't know anything, we don't need to encourage them to vote. Voter information polling is reliably disturbing.

Who's Joe Biden?????
Old 10-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #75
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: E60M/NB2
Quote:
Most people don't know anything, we don't need to encourage them to vote.
this is pretty disturbing.

Maybe restrict voting to a small cabal of proven intellectuals who will know what's best?
Old 10-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #76
bagher
Account closed.

Send a message via AIM to bagher
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
this is pretty disturbing.

Maybe restrict voting to a small cabal of proven intellectuals who will know what's best?
he's just parroting the fox talking heads talking points

http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-med...-voting-tinder
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #77
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
he's just parroting the fox talking heads talking points

http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-med...-voting-tinder
I don't watch fox news, or any news. I've seen the polls. Lol @ you talking about fox news and then linking mother jones

Here's one example before I go to court

http://www.people-press.org/2007/04/...n-revolutions/
Pew Research =/= Fox News

Last edited by Act of God; 10-23-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #78
Act of God

Hey, more "calibration issues". Notice how these errors always make votes go D?

http://watchdog.org/179372/calibration-issues-maryland/
Old 10-28-2014, 08:15 AM   #79
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
In his 2008 majority opinion in Crawford v. Marion County (Indiana) Election Board, this is what Justice Stevens had to say:

Quote:
"It remains true, however, that flagrant examples of such fraud in other parts of the country have been documented throughout this Nation’s history by respected historians and journalists, that occasional examples have surfaced in recent years, and that Indiana’s own experience with fraudulent voting in the 2003 Democratic primary for East Chicago Mayor—though perpetrated using absentee ballots and not in-person fraud—demonstrate that not only is the risk of voter fraud real but that it could affect the outcome of a close election[emphasis added].

There is no question about the legitimacy or importance of the State’s interest in counting only the votes of eligible voters. Moreover, the interest in orderly administration and accurate recordkeeping provides a sufficient justification for carefully identifying all voters participating in the election process. While the most effective method of preventing election fraud may well be debatable, the propriety of doing so is perfectly clear[emphasis added].
Stevens is hardly a paranoid conservative, as those opposed to reasonable voter ID laws like to paint all supporters. Furthermore, his assertions that voter fraud is real and can affect outcomes should remove those canards from a rational debate. A rational debate is warranted, however, about the means and methods, and how best to minimize the potential for discriminatory impact.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #80
Rhumb

Quote:
Most people don't know anything, we don't need to encourage them to vote. Voter information polling is reliably disturbing.
Might have a point there, just look how many people watch Fox News and vote for conservatives...