OEM Navigation back to business CD? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Mobile Electronics Forum

Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
RL 00' 328i

My Ride: 00' 328i sport 5spd
OEM Navigation back to business CD?

Anyone know if it is possible and how easy to convert OEM navigation back to single din business cd unit is possible?

I have a 2004 330Ci that comes with OEM navigation with bad display(bad pixel)
RL 00' 328i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:50 PM   #2
mooersk1

My Ride: 2006 330ci
Transmission: 6sp Manual
I just created an account and this is my first post as I am about to embark on the same conversion and I too am looking for some guidance. So far I have found out that it IS possible but you need to get the complete audio harness from a business cd car and swap it. Aside from that I am not sure and would love to get some more info on the topic. I just bought a harness and business radio for my swap but I'm trying to get more info before I start hacking my car up. Anyone out there done this?
mooersk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
dutchhome

My Ride: 2004 330xi
Why not replace the LCD screen in the nav head unit? It isn't that difficult. Regardless what you choose, I would suggest buying and installing the BlueBus Bluetooth kit.

https://www.bluebus.dev/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
dutchhome is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2019, 04:56 PM   #4
mooersk1

My Ride: 2006 330ci
Transmission: 6sp Manual
I want to swap because I don't like how dated the interface is on the Nav and I get all navigational needs from my phone. Additional benefits are in weight reduction as the Navi unit weighs like 50lbs in total with cd changer etc in the trunk. I also like the simplicity of the factory radio. Thanks for the link to the Bluetooth chip-that looks dope.
mooersk1 is offline   Reply With Quote