[MS4X] Siemens MS43 Community Patchlist for Tuner Pro - Page 10 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 04:14 PM   #181
Chrispy1

Is there a way to change launch control 2 to a different button? I don’t have a stock wheel so no cruise control button. However my asc button isn’t being used.. but that light is always lit

Last edited by Chrispy1; 10-06-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Chrispy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:25 AM   #182
andyz28

My Ride: bmw e46 320i
friends i need your help please

my car is a 320i 2003 ms43
today I made my first attempt to change the software for version 69, my original software was 56
I downloaded the version 69 file and wrote it with the ms4x tool, the car started without any problem

but if I open the file in tuner pro with the XDF Siemens_MS43_MS430069_Community_Patchlist.xdf
and made some modification, for example activate the patch for immobilizer bypass and check sum bypass patch and make full write again the engine only cranks but wont start
already try removing the immobilizer patch and only use the check sum bypass patch and it is the same result, engine only cranks but wont start

I want to use the immobilizer patch since my key stopped working to close the car and open the trunk, so I bought new keys which I could already configure to work with the alarm but obviously the engine does not start with them, I want to be able to use them to start the car

I would like to know what prevents my engine from starting when I apply any of the patches, I don't think it's a problem with the check sum since the temperature needle stays on the blue side

please help me
andyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:21 AM   #183
scorpionreptyle

My Ride: e36 330i
Year: 1997
Model: E36
Transmission: 5 spd manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyz28 View Post
friends i need your help please

my car is a 320i 2003 ms43
today I made my first attempt to change the software for version 69, my original software was 56
I downloaded the version 69 file and wrote it with the ms4x tool, the car started without any problem

but if I open the file in tuner pro with the XDF Siemens_MS43_MS430069_Community_Patchlist.xdf
and made some modification, for example activate the patch for immobilizer bypass and check sum bypass patch and make full write again the engine only cranks but wont start
already try removing the immobilizer patch and only use the check sum bypass patch and it is the same result, engine only cranks but wont start

I want to use the immobilizer patch since my key stopped working to close the car and open the trunk, so I bought new keys which I could already configure to work with the alarm but obviously the engine does not start with them, I want to be able to use them to start the car

I would like to know what prevents my engine from starting when I apply any of the patches, I don't think it's a problem with the check sum since the temperature needle stays on the blue side

please help me
For the first time,just crank it longer to start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scorpionreptyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 09:41 AM   #184
andyz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionreptyle View Post
For the first time,just crank it longer to start.
already do it, is there any wiring need to do to EWS? i still have the ews pluged
Old 10-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #185
bernardo774

My Ride: E46 328 B30 Swap
Year: 1999
Model: 328
Transmission: Manual
Quote:
already do it, is there any wiring need to do to EWS? i still have the ews pluged
you need to do checksun even in full whrite
bernardo774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:16 PM   #186
andyz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardo774 View Post
you need to do checksun even in full whrite

the MS4X program is supposed to perform checksum automatically
Old 10-16-2019, 01:30 PM   #187
bernardo774

My Ride: E46 328 B30 Swap
Year: 1999
Model: 328
Transmission: Manual
Quote:
the MS4X program is supposed to perform checksum automatically
you use the right term "supposed"

i am using the 69, but i will back to 56 for acess the knock tables again.
bernardo774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #188
andyz28

if i only aply the ews patch i get error 115 TPS adaption
Old 10-16-2019, 04:20 PM   #189
LKMT

My Ride: N/A
Quote:
if i only aply the ews patch i get error 115 TPS adaption
Have you tried clearing all adaptations in the ecu, to see if that helps?

I believe if the tps adaptation error is active the ecu won't let the engine start.
LKMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:32 PM   #190
andyz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKMT View Post
Have you tried clearing all adaptations in the ecu, to see if that helps?

I believe if the tps adaptation error is active the ecu won't let the engine start.
yes, i already do it and dont work

i writed the file only with launch control patch and LC_swi_cal_mon cks set to 165, engine started but launch control dont works
Old 10-17-2019, 12:19 AM   #191
HakenTT

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
yes, i already do it and dont work

i writed the file only with launch control patch and LC_swi_cal_mon cks set to 165, engine started but launch control dont works
ya valio madre compa.
HakenTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:25 PM   #192
PancakeBimmer

My Ride: BMW 325i
My ECU used to have v56 with EWS delete and EWS physically removed from the car.
Upgrading to this v69, would I need to download original v69, patch with EWS bypass, and flash ECU with MS4X? Should this flash be done in boot mode or regular?
Old 10-20-2019, 02:26 PM   #193
PancakeBimmer

My ECU used to have v56 with EWS delete and EWS physically removed from the car.
Upgrading to this v69, would I need to download original v69, patch with EWS bypass, and flash ECU with MS4X? Should this flash be done in boot mode or regular?
Old 10-20-2019, 11:02 PM   #194
PancakeBimmer

I have 325 with 330 engine and standalone ECU that I got from ebay. Originally this ECU had daniel's 325 ews bypass, then 330 ews bypass.
During my first attempt I downloaded 69 from wiki, applied EWS bypass with checksum bypass, and flashed with MS4X flasher. Car turned but wouldn't start after long cranking. Adaptations and errors cleared.
The I tried to flash same file using Chipster MSS5x flash tool in slow mode but the result remained.

Today, however, was a success. I took clean v69 from wiki and applied ews bypass only. I wanted to flash only this, but then decided to run it though Chipster MS43 checksum corrector. Two or three checksums got corrected, don't remember exactly.
Then I flashed this file using MS4X flasher, cleaned adaptations&errors, and car started right up after 3-4 turns. My EWS is completely removed, and I applied only EWS bypass patch using community file, nothing else.

Out of curiosity I read back full file and it looks like flash still has traces of daniel's flash. I have attached two files, one that I prepared and other that was readback if anyone is interested to check differences.
Questions is, is it really safe that two flashes seem to be mixed? I don't have the original ECU flash anymore, so daniel's flash in essence is my base flash with v69 on top. I wanted to try flashing clean v69 in boot mode first and then flashing patched v69 in regular full write, but in one of the posts it was mentioned that there needs to be a good base flash with VIN, etc while v69 from wiki doesn't have it. AM I on right track here?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf prepared.pdf (512.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf readback.pdf (512.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by PancakeBimmer; 10-20-2019 at 11:06 PM. Reason: forgot to attach files
PancakeBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #195
sda2

My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
Alright friends, I see that there is some confusion about what to do and what not to do. However I try my best to solve all the issues and get everybody to enjoy the new functions.

You can help me to organise this better and ease up the troubleshooting a lot by following this steps in your posts:
  • What car do you have?
  • Any modifications done to the car? (engine, gearbox, cluster swapped, removed immo module, etc.)
  • What is the actual problem, what doesnt work?
  • What have you tried so far?
  • Was the engine already tuned, or flashed with another software?
  • If errors are present please attach pictures of all INPA error codes from DME.
  • Also attach full 512K readout of the ecu when the error is present.

A small side fact, until now we were able to lead every not working car to other issues that were present at the time flashing.

Most important is to ask for help when you are stuck. It's getting harder for us to help when not even the owner knows what's up with the car at the moment.

If it doesn't work with the MS4X flasher, in most cases it won't work in bootmode either.

When your car is manual swapped, remove the gearbox control unit, reset adaptions and make sure you removed S205A from the car coding and coded the EWS modul to manual.

If you flashed the EWSsignature or LaunchControl 430056 file the best you can do is reverting back to your own boot mode read backup.

If that's not possible, flash an unmodified MS430069 binary from MS4X in boot mode and after that flash the file containing your modifications. You might want to change the VIN first.
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #196
andyz28

Robin helped me get my car to finally work with software 0069, after a long session of tests and encodings that he did make my car work, apparently the error was mine when making the change from automatic to manual, do not make the coding procedure and that was affecting the correct operation of the flash, I thank Robin infinitely for his help and time
Old 10-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #197
PancakeBimmer

Just to recap, EWS was physically removed from the car and original flash for my ECU/car is not available. Previously I used daniel's 56 with ews bypass.
So I took sda2's advice and went back to flashing. Using JMGarageFlasher I flashed v69 from wiki in boot mode. No modifications were made what so ever. After flashing, I read back in boot mode and confirmed it was flashed fully. Check.
Next using MS4x flasher I flashed full file with ews bypass patch only. I did not correct checksum or checked any options. Very straight forward. After full flash car started up after 3-4 turns just fine. Perfect.
So now I can read back partial and flash back changes I need.

Again, everything worked like a charm, thank you very much sda2 and everyone who is contributing.

Side question. Did anyone find a way to fully disable evap control valve (the one under the hood). DMTL can be and is disabled with c_conf_dmtl but that is the valve/sensor in the rear.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:06 PM   #198
King Hill

People were asking for EU2 tunes in the past, so this time we publish them right away.
King Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #199
sda2

My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
I took a lok into them and they were not significantly changed, eg. no changes in fueling or ignition, so I removed them.

The firmware got smarter in ongoing developement back then, so many thing were solved with adaptions instead of hard coding them.

Thats the reason why I removed the EU2 files.
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:00 PM   #200
rg1220

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
@sda2 - First, thanks for all you and the other dev's have done! Really appreciate it!

------------------------------------

What car do you have?
- 2001 e46 325i MS43

Any modifications done to the car? (engine, gearbox, cluster swapped, removed immo module, etc.)
No modifications

What is the actual problem, what doesnt work?
Car doesn't start after upgrading to MS430069.

What have you tried so far?
1. Patched the MS430069 bin with Immobilizer Bypass, Checksum ByPass, and launch control using the Community Patch list and moved my VIN over.
2. Tried a clean copy of MS430069 and just copied my VIN over.
3. Tried flashing back to my original dump, but it seems that I didn't correctly read it because that didn't work either :/
4. Finally tried MS430056_Logger_EWSsignature_CHK5off_LC.bin with my VIN and it started up just fine.

Was the engine already tuned, or flashed with another software?
No.

If errors are present please attach pictures of all INPA error codes from DME.
Also attach full 512K readout of the ecu when the error is present.

I don't have these right now. But the one code I kept seeing was an EWS-Code error. I can try this again and get you the full data.

------------------------------------

I wouldn't mind getting to MS430069 (maybe with EWS enabled? I don't know much about that). What should I try and what would you need from me?
rg1220 is offline   Reply With Quote