M52b28 engine problems - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW E36 Forum

General BMW E36 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E36 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2019, 01:11 AM   #1
Stavro

My Ride: 323i
M52b28 engine problems

So I bought a 328i m3 Rep super cheep without a running engine

Car has a m50 manifold and a PCV delete with a catch can replacing it and a non original oil cap that isnít sealing

So Iíve managed to get car running and have noticed that the valve cover is leaking oil like crazy, there is 0 vacuum brake booster and exhaust flap have nothing, has no idle and canít be started without the flooring the Throttle and turning the starter for 5 seconds+

If I remove the dip stick when running a waterfall of oil appears

When I put a original oil cap on the the pressure within the valve cover increased and made a whistle from one of the few vacuum leaks

Could this be caused but a dodgy DIY M50 manifold swap resulting in no vacuum and air leaks ?
Engine doesnít over heat and spark plugs were dry. Donít have tools for compression test

I have a video but canít seem to post it car feels like it has about 20hp

LWT wheels that came with car sold for more then the entire car so not that worried if the engine is gone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stavros Vitsas
Perth Western Australia
Old 01-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #2
bluptgm3

My Ride: E36M3, E36 328IS
First step would be to restore the CCV and sort out the vacuum leaks then go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluptgm3 is offline   Reply With Quote