Canadian's with Angel eyes? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-29-2004, 02:16 PM   #1
Three30i

My Ride: 2001 330i
Canadian's with Angel eyes?

Ok, maybe someone from vancouver could explain this. I was thinking of getting angel eyes and i called one place to see how much they would charge to order and install them and they told me that because in Canada we have daytime running lights they could only install them on my Xenons. I have the daytime running lights but i thought this is something the dealer could switch off and wasn't something we had to have on. Anyone have all the Angel Eyes installed and not run daytime lights? Or just not have the daytime lights on without the Angel Eyes?
i'm
Three30i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
bimmian

My Ride: 1-866-423-3799
This is incorrect. I have done tons of these installs on Canadian cars. They fit all lights, no problem. I have my DRL unhooked, and just use the DDE for my DRL.

We have them on sale too .. click below in my sig. (Ill ship from Toronto so no customs charges).

Thanks
Ian
bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 02:59 PM   #3
Three30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmian
This is incorrect. I have done tons of these installs on Canadian cars. They fit all lights, no problem. I have my DRL unhooked, and just use the DDE for my DRL.

We have them on sale too .. click below in my sig. (Ill ship from Toronto so no customs charges).

Thanks
Ian

Thanks Ian, i am ordering it from you as we speak (reason for my post!) I was just worried if i went to the dealer they wouldn't disconnect the DRL for some reason and then it would look weird during the day. They are closed today so i couldn't ask them. When i'm down next i guess i'll get them to turn it off and then install the lights once i receive them from you guys!
Couple of questions, what does the light boxes attach to under the hood? Is the installaion hard, is there splicing into other wires and stuff? How can you have them run, ive heard as soon as you turn the car on they will be on during the day and also at night? Is there any other options? Sorry, gotta ask as i'm not to mechanicaly inclined.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2004, 04:00 PM   #4
Three30i

Now i'm a little confused. I got intouch with one dealer who only had sales open and they said the service department would probably not do anything to turn the DRL off even if i got DDE's. You had said that you disconnected yours, what do you mean? I found out that all canadian cars have to have DRL so i'm assuming the dealer will not do anything to help me out. Could just disconnect the bulb but i don't want holes in my lights either!
Old 02-29-2004, 04:10 PM   #5
Three30i

i took a look at my lights an i see what you mean about disconnecting teh lights, just have to disconnect the connection
So i'm alright with that but any answers to my other questions about installion and stuff would be great Ian
Thanks
Old 02-29-2004, 04:40 PM   #6
Jlevi SW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: Vorsteiner 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jlevi SW
If you just disconnect the bulbs you get a warning light, and you'll have no highbeams (assuming you odn't have bi-xenons).

That's a shame that they don't let you de-activate your DRLs.

Ian is completely right though, you CAN install them on your lights.
Jlevi SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 04:43 PM   #7
jersey

My Ride: 2004 330I ZHP
Send a message via ICQ to jersey Send a message via AIM to jersey
i have DDE's in my car and have a canadian model.

no problems. i just took out my high beams, but im looking for a better way to disable the day time running lights

Bimmian do you have a solution for me?

alun

-waterloo ontario

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Special Thanks To:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 05:23 PM   #8
bimmian

My Ride: 1-866-423-3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey
i have DDE's in my car and have a canadian model.

no problems. i just took out my high beams, but im looking for a better way to disable the day time running lights

Bimmian do you have a solution for me?

alun

-waterloo ontario
You did what i did.... unplug the high beams... I dont know of any other way.

You can do it with software but i dont think that the dealer will do it because of the laws around here.

You bought your car at BK motors? I looked at an m3 there once. Used to live in Waterloo for a bit.
Ian
bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #9
Three30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey
i just took out my high beams, but im looking for a better way to disable the day time running lights
Jersey- you mean you took the bulb out?

I tried disconnecting the plug off the back and i didn't get a warning signal on the dash. Is this normal? I just had the car running and didn't try driving it but i don't think that matters.

How do you guys have it wired so it runs? Can you turn it off at night or is it always on?
Thanks
Old 02-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #10
jersey

yea i did get my car at BK. i love those guys there, they are really good. maybe i can get someone there to hook me up....doubt it though.

alun

Special Thanks To:
|
Old 02-29-2004, 05:28 PM   #11
jersey

GGM yea i pulled the bulbs out...the warning light will take a few mins to come on. i have my lights hard wired to my ignition, so they come on when the key is in position 2 and stay on 10 seconds after i turn the car off.

badass at night.

Special Thanks To:
|