ZHP drops vs. non-ZHP drops (Eibach Sportline) - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
6appeal

My Ride: 330i ZHP
ZHP drops vs. non-ZHP drops (Eibach Sportline)

Sup Fanatics,

I've done many a search with no results. Eibach has the Pro-Kit and Sportlines. When you check tirerack and the Eibach website, they claim that these set-ups will give you a 1.4 inch drop and 1.8 inch drop all the way around, respectively. However, tirerack claims that these figures change if you are putting them on a Sport package or ZHP equipped E46. My question is:

What is the ACTUAL drop for ZHP E46's? I know it will be less but don't know how much.

Anyone who knows anything, PLEASE chime in. Pics will also be very helpful.

LF/WTB: M3 Strut Tower Bar, Z4 25mm Front Sway Bar, E46Xi/Cab 20mm Rear Sway Bar, 3000k CCFL Angel Eyes, M dead pedal
6appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
6appeal

Someone's got to be able to shine some light on this.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
riderg

You should just be able to subtract .6 inches from that and you have your effective drop on a ZHP. The ZHP is .6 inches lower than a stock 330.
riderg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 2005 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
i have the eibach prokit,
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
6appeal

0.6 inches eh? Hmm. 1.2 inches is still a nice drop. I don't want to be on the floor, I just want to murder wheel gap. Thanks! If anyone has pics, please post.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
jpr

My Ride: '99 323i
Easy answer - subtract 0.00 from the ZSP drop and you will get the equivalent amount of drop with the ZHP package.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
riderg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr View Post
Easy answer - subtract 0.00 from the ZSP drop and you will get the equivalent amount of drop with the ZHP package.
ok, so you are saying that both the prokit and sportline drop an E46 (without ZHP package) only .6 inches. You need to rethink your 0.00 even though you were attempting to be funny.

The correct math is lets say it's a 1.8" drop on a non-ZHP, on a ZHP you subtract .6 (the amount the ZHP is already lower than a non-ZHP) and you have your effective drop on a ZHP...1.2"

I can't believe I am explaining that to someone that says subtract 0.00
Old 09-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #8
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by riderg View Post
ok, so you are saying that both the prokit and sportline drop an E46 (without ZHP package) only .6 inches. You need to rethink your 0.00 even though you were attempting to be funny.

The correct math is lets say it's a 1.8" drop on a non-ZHP, on a ZHP you subtract .6 (the amount the ZHP is already lower than a non-ZHP) and you have your effective drop on a ZHP...1.2"

I can't believe I am explaining that to someone that says subtract 0.00
Hate to break it to you but jpr is absolutely correct. Your logic fails with the presumption that the ZHP is 0.6" lower than a non-ZHP.
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
ZZen330

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
What tire rack says is correct.

Eibachs own website has the info you just need to look harder or more closely. They have a table that shows this.

They list the drop for non-sport then they list the drop for sport suspension. I believe it's 0.4 less drop rear, 0.6 less drop (because sport is already lower than non sport) front, but it depends if it's pro-kit or sportlines.

The drop on a "ZHP" package equipped 330 will be pretty much the same as sport suspension so just refer to sport suspension drop numbers.

If you just want to get rid of most of the fender gap get prokit. If you want to tuck the rims get sportlines. Prokit will work great with stock shocks but with sportlines you should get new shocks.
ZZen330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
jpr

Quote:
...on a ZHP you subtract .6 (the amount the ZHP is already lower than a non-ZHP)...
This is the specific source of your misunderstanding.

BTW - don't feel bad, the "ZHP is lower" is a very common misconception, but one that was debunked some time ago

Last edited by jpr; 09-16-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
riderg

well my bad then. I suppose this is one of the sources that is false...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...ying_an_E46.3F

Down under ZHP is this...

Lower ride height by 15 mm (.6 inches) utilizing shorter auxiliary springs
Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #12
jpr

Quote:
well my bad then. I suppose this is one of the sources that is false...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index...ying_an_E46.3F

Down under ZHP is this...

Lower ride height by 15 mm (.6 inches) utilizing shorter auxiliary springs
yes, and it is followed closely by this - "Since both the ZSP and ZHP use the same springs, they have the same ride height. Both are 15mm lower than a non-sport E46"

Sometimes it helps to read the whole thing...

There is lots of info on this subject already here on the site. You can start with the "ZHP Suspension" link in my sig or alternatively search for threads on springs, ride height, and the ZHP suspension.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #13
riderg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr View Post
yes, and it is followed closely by this - "Since both the ZSP and ZHP use the same springs, they have the same ride height. Both are 15mm lower than a non-sport E46"

Sometimes it helps to read the whole thing...

There is lots of info on this subject already here on the site. You can start with the "ZHP Suspension" link in my sig or alternatively search for threads on springs, ride height, and the ZHP suspension.
Sorry I should have expanded on my post. I understand fully that the ZHP is the same suspension that the "sport" package has. So BOTH of those are .6 inches lower than standard is all I was trying to say.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #14
Richy_Boy

My Ride: Alpina B3S
The front will go lower.. the rear will be about the same.

Richy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #15
atru20

My Ride: 2005 330 zhp
Smile ZHP drop

I have the eibach pro for over 8 months now.. and the front is approx. 1.8 lower and the back 1.0 one side .8 the other..driver side higher.. the front tire is tucked and the rear slight gap..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 8.10 032.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	384294   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 8.10 018.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	384295   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 8.10 028.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	384296   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 8.10 021.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	384297  

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 8.10 003.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	384298  
atru20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #16
Cdelossantoszhp

My Ride: BMW 330i ZHP
Year: 2004
Model: 330i
Transmission: Manual
I just ordered the b12 pro kit (Bilstein b8 with eibach pro). Are the pictures you have of your silver zhp the b12 pro kit? Thanks!
Cdelossantoszhp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eibach, lower, lowering springs, sportline, zhp