E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Some good places to visit in Austin, TX:

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  MoE46 
#1 ·
Created this thread for those who are looking for some good areas to visit in (or near) Austin, TX.
Please share some your spots, maybe we can plan a car cruise/meet in the future at some of these locations? :pimpin:

Here's some places for ya'll to check out:

The Oasis Restaurant -

www.oasis-austin.com/

AWESOME scenery, perfect place for a date if the weather is nice, especially if you come to cruise in your BMW. Mesmerizing experience if you time it just right, makes plans for good weather, and right before sunset, girls go nuts. They serve Tex-Mex food with pretty good margarita. Food is decently priced, about $10 for a dish, $40-60 should feed two with good appetizer, meal, dessert, and beverage. The seatings are at the balcony looking over the oasis, I can't stress enough on how much I love this restaurant. Employees are very friendly,
I'd love to work their part-time lol.

Fumee Cigar Lounge -
www.fumeeworld.com
If you enjoy cigars, a relaxed scenery, give this place a try. AWESOME employees, my favorite employees by far, they're so down to earth. A personal favorite location for me and my friends to relax, they have AWESOME Chai Tea, try this lounge out sometime if you're a cigar or coffee/tee affectionado. Prices are reasonable, not the cheapest but not outrageous either. Owned by two young folks (Ralph and Heather are both really nice people, Ralph can keep a conversation going for hours with complete strangers! Lol.)

The Hookah Bar (Forgot the Name) -

Located at 2714 Guadalupe, in the heart of the UT campus area. Right next to Burger King, good environment if you like loud, chill music and the college scene. I prefer Fumee Cigar Lounge but Fumees is more in the Round Rock/Cedar Park area. This establishment is a good place for pre/post clubbing. It's like $18 for two people I think $25 for three (not sure though.) You can mix the flavors up, a wide selection of it too. Most girls I know will do Hookah, but not interested in Cigars. Not a very professional staff (college-students working,) and their drink prices are crazy ($3 for a can of Coca-Cola, wtf.)

Bucca Di Beppo -
http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
My favorite Italian restaurant in the area. Meals come in family portions (small dish will feed like 2-3 people.) Bring all your friends! :rofl:
Can anyone recommend me another good Italian Restaurant in the area? I love Italian food but not sure what is another good establishment.

BBQ Joints like: -

Salt Lick BBQ -
www.saltlickbbq.com
It's a long distance from Austin, but you should visit it at least once. I wouldn't go with 2-3 people (or by yourself,)
go with 4-10 people I guess cause its a pretty far drive, but delicious BBQ. Very different BBQ sauce from everyone else.

Rudy's BBQ -
www.rubysbbq.com
Pretty damn good BBQ as well, it's my favorite "normal" tasting BBQ in my area. Served on wax paper, makes the experience fun, you and your friends get to eat like a pig in front of each other. :pimpin:

Bill Miller BBQ
www.billmillerbbq.com
It's like a fast food BBQ but tastes delicious, and they're open pretty early for a BBQ joint if you're looking for breakfast.

Pluckers Wing Bar -
www.pluckers.com
My favorite wing joint. Kind of pricey, like 50 wings for like $60 bucks (10 should satisfy your hunger, but you'll most likely eat more then that cause it SLAMS. Try out the Dr. Pepper wings, sounds nasty but trust me its good. My favorite are Teriyaki and Honey BBQ. The Ranch Waffle Fries are pretty good too, but ask for medium seasoning... depending on the chef they sometimes add too much or too little seasoning.

I don't recommend WingStop by the way... Small ass wings, same price, the interior lighting gives you a damn headache
(that annoying "mostly dim, but some bright areas" type of BS [such as Chili's.]

Mozart's Cafe -
www.mozartscoffee.com
Another good "dating" scene, pretty good coffee, haven't been there in a while but I heard it improved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure I've made a couple of type-o's, and sorry about that.
I actually wrote this for a PM, but since the list is bigger than I expected, I posted it here as well. :)

I hope this thread isn't against the rules... I'm not affiliated with any place of business I have listed.
If it is considered "Commercia Use" I apologize, just wanted to share some sweet locations with my fellow Fanatics.
I am also aware that some of the establishments I have listed are established elsewhere as well.

See less See more
#8 ·
We are having a meetup on Sat May 9 here in Austin...and there is also a big meetup later in the day in Houston.

Ours is 11am at the old Circuit City parking lot, Arbor Walk, MoPac and Braker Ln.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.