Extremely disappointed in ECS Tuning - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #21
Alex323Ci
OE ///MEMBER PLUS

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
i had a package damaged in shipping once, called them and they shipped a new one immediately.

my experience with their customer service was fast and efficient. :thumbup:
sorry to hear your "live chat" and email experience was so ineffective.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:00 PM   #22
BaliDawg
DEADBEEF BAADF00D

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
Amhague I'm very sorry about the slow response of my customer service team, typically they run a maximum of a 3 hour response time due to volume. I'm PMing you for a little information. I'll get you taken care of right away. Once again very sorry for the delay of my team.

-James
And once again we see how great ECS Tuning's customer support is. Bravo James!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #23
PNW325IT

My Ride: 325it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhague View Post
I got a good chuckle out of your post. You're correct I (the customer) should have put more time and effort (more than the few hours of emails and chat's) trying to get ECS (the supplier) to remedy their mistake.
I waited 5 days for them to respond or offer a solution before I came here. It does seem that this thread has raised awareness and I believe my problem will be solved shortly. Thanks.
Posts like this just irritate the hell out of me. You only hear about this stuff when something bad happens, you hardly ever see all the positive posts and its not fair to the company.

How would you feel if ECS made a post like this about a crappy customer? It only goes 1 way and when you dont even take the time to punch 10 numbers into your phone before making a post it is just ridiculous.

ECS has ALWAYS gone above and beyond for me. I also know how emails can get lost in the mix especially with a large company like ECS. Just think about how many emails they prob get each day, its not hard for 1 email to get missed. I also know from personal experience that emails dont always make it through by no fault of the customer or biz, some email hosts can just be a little buggy at times.
PNW325IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #24
TR4G-

My Ride: E36/8 3.0i, E46 ZHP
I haven't had issues from ecs. I ordered their power steering line kit that comes with 4 hoses and the appropriate washers. They gave me completely brand new hardware including the banjo bolts! They even added duplicate crush washers and clamps for each hose. The hoses themselves came with the hardware and tjen ecs individually packed their own hardware
Old 05-07-2015, 04:29 AM   #25
jfoj
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 330CiC, M5, X5, E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhague View Post
I got a good chuckle out of your post. You're correct I (the customer) should have put more time and effort (more than the few hours of emails and chat's) trying to get ECS (the supplier) to remedy their mistake.
I waited 5 days for them to respond or offer a solution before I came here. It does seem that this thread has raised awareness and I believe my problem will be solved shortly. Thanks.
2 words, Passive Aggressive!

This is not a place to get your vendor issues resolved. You have spent far too much effort in the wrong place/dirrection, however, it was your choice.

Regardless of the vendor, it is ALWAYS a wise idea to verify/inspect parts as soon as they are received and before you start the job.

Hopefully lesson learned?

Fuel pump failures - https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

Temp Info - https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=964491

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temp, Fuel Level - https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239619

E46/E39 GM5 Door Lock Info - www.bmwgm5.com

Lower hose temp switch O-ring - BMW #13621743299
jfoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:20 AM   #26
ECSTuning

My Ride: BMW
We would like to provide additional details surrounding the OPís initial complaint. Initially the customer did reach out to our Customer Service Department via Live Chat on 5/1 at 5:50pm EST, where we initially failed to provide a reasonable response time to the OPís inquiry. It appears that the live chat was closed at that time, due to the slow response times.

The OP then sent an email to our Sales Department around 6:27pm EST on 5/1, which was forwarded to the Customer Service Department at 6:52pm. We failed to respond to this email in a timely manner and it looks like the initial email may have been accidentally deleted. The customer contacted us once again on 5/4, including our auto email response rather than the original question or concern, at which time we responded at 5:12pm on 5/4 requesting additional information as the original email specifying the problem could not be found.

It was quickly identified that the email address that was used to contact us, was also different from what was on the order, which led to some additional confusion when we were searching for email history. Regardless of this minor issue with the email address, we accept full responsibility for failing to respond to the initial live chat and email in a timely manner.

Most importantly, we want to make it extremely clear that that these delayed responses are not acceptable, and that they will be handled accordingly. We strive to have all inquiries, regardless of the source, responded to within a three hour window and we failed to do so in this instance. This customer experience is not consistent with our mission or vision at ECS Tuning, and you can rest assured that these issues will be dealt with accordingly, and that additional training and coaching will be implemented immediately.

If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

-James

ECS Tuning your #1 source for all things German automotive
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
800.924.5172 | OEM BMW Part Number Search
[email protected] | [email protected]
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote