Finally a sillieidiot progress thread… - Page 12 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-28-2018, 06:38 PM   #221
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
So as many of you guys know, the ESS TS S/C has been discontinued. I was planning to purchase it next year right after I got my rear fenders taken care of. Well [email protected] told me when I went to buy something that ESS told them that it's no longer for sale from any vendors. There goes that plan. I contacted ESS and originally, they told me yeah that’s it. I say originally, will come back to that later.

After hearing that, I decided that I'm going to use my funds for a different purchase since my car is essentially finished with no S/C in sight. Put down an order for a Tesla Model 3. Got the long range RWD version. was debating on car or S/C so no twinscrew made it easier.

Ok so now going back to what I mentioned earlier. A week later, I'm in a world of pain LOL My Model 3 was getting delivered, and AJ tells me that there are 4 complete units still left and that I can buy one directly through him. Seriously?!

I mulled over it for a few days. Then I decided to just go ahead and buy it too. I'd regret not getting it later tbh. Went ahead with the TS2+. So now I'm in a world of pain trying to come up with the money for both lol I have to work a ton more now to make this happen. I'll probably be gone for most of next year due to this. My friend, John T. wanted me to give him an honorable mention for helping making it happen lol So there is it lol

So for my Model 3 delivery. Originally, the car came with rear bumper damage. It was broken. They tried to tell me they can't fix it and I should take it as is. Yeah right. Refused delivery. So crisis averted for a bit money wise. I was able to put that towards the TS2+ first now.

Fast forward to yesterday. I'm took delivery of the Tesla again. So now the LR RWD models can no longer be ordered. So I have to take delivery of this car no matter what and go through the service center to fix stuff with it after. Here's some pictures of it.

This car was a lot better than the last one. There's really only a front bumper issue with the paint. It's like it wasn't completely painted. But as far as panel alignment and everywhere else, it looks good.

Plans for the car is to get that bumper fixed, then immediately get clear bra. No other mods since my money is now all gone lol

I also got a notification that my TS2+ is on it's way. It'll come on Halloween night. Well that sucks, because I fly out again on the 30th. So not only do I not get to play with my new car, I don't get to open the supercharger to marvel at it. Hopefully I'll come back in like 10 days. It better not get stolen. My house has been a target lately.

I also have to figure out what I'm going to do with my headers. I'm definitely going to put it on for the TS2+. My original plan was to test fit first, then send it off to Swaintech to get it coated. That is like so much work because I will have to do the install twice. So now I'm thinking about just sending it to get it coated without first test fitting, then installing it once it came back.

I still have to find some high flow cats for it. I just can't handle the gas smell all that much nowadays. When I was a kid, **** smelled good. Now, not so much. Any suggestions for some cheap high flow cats I could use for now?

I got quotes from EAS for the S/C install as well as VANOS seals, motor mounts, and headers. Seems like it's going to be expensive to get everything else done at the same time. The S/C labor isn't too bad though. Now that I'm low on funds, I might have to go ahead and do the VANOS seals, headers and motor mounts on my own. Probably the transmission mounts too cause I'll have to take off the exhaust anyways. I'm debating on doing the S/C install on my own.

I also need to get a baseline dyno before doing all of this. So much work. We'll see though. I'll figure out everything when I get back from the next project. I'll definitely be enlisting for some help to install these things probably.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:39 PM   #222
Mango
E46Mango.com

My Ride: Lexus
Excellent looking car. I kinda want one myself.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:48 PM   #223
tuscan1205

My Ride: e46 325CI, w212 E550
Awesome. Question. Which headers did you go with? I am tired of gambling with eBay headers.

'02 e46 325CI & '12 w212 E550

Last edited by tuscan1205; 10-30-2018 at 12:15 AM.
tuscan1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2018, 09:14 PM   #224
sillieidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
Excellent looking car. I kinda want one myself.
Thanks. Yeah it's pretty nice to drive. I didn't get a P3D so it's not like super amazing performance. But it's great for what it is. But the QC leaves a lot to be desired. I lucked out and actually got something really good, other than the front bumper. But my buddies car... I don't get how a car that costs this much can have such bad QC. And everyone else that buys it, just gives them a pass. A Civic has better QC than this car lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscan1205 View Post
Awesome. Question. Which headers did you go with? I am tired of gambling with eBay headers.
I have the Bimmerbrakes Gen3 headers. I had it for a long time, just never did anything with it cause I knew that I would only install if I got the S/C.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:27 PM   #225
sillieidiot

ugh. Everyone pisses me off FedEx won't let me do a vacation hold for more than 2 weeks. Cause I'm supposed to be gone for like 3. ESS doesn't want to ship it to EAS or have FedEx hold it at location. They require to be shipped to my PayPal address. Yeah I know to protect yourself, but come on, can't go to EAS which you guys have a relationship with? Tom will vouch for me. Then my family. They were home when it the delivery guy came. I told them to expect it, still didn't get it and tried to claim it never came. I have a camera and showed them proof.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be shipped back to ESS at this rate since I'm all the way in GA right now and can't get it.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #226
sillieidiot

So I actually had fun on a project for once. I mean I pretty much spent all day admiring this pretty lady and not doing anything useful LOL I honestly regretted asking to leave early. But I flew back early to get my SC. Stupid FedEx. Sorry, Angela (if you're still reading). So it told me that it will be delivered on the 16th. I flew back on the 15th. Then yesterday, it updated and told me 19th WTF?! My dumbass told Ms. Angela this and you know what happened

But I called them and managed to fix that. They put it on the next delivery truck and I got it.

I signed for it, shoved it in my Model 3 and drove to go drop it off at EAS. Although the trunk is large in that car, the opening wasn't wide enough so I had to use the back seat. I'm pretty sure the box would have fit in the e46 if I had it. Told Tom & Steve @ EAS to check over the parts when they came because when I got it, the box was starting to open up. Hopefully nothing was damaged. Pretty much just going to be there until I get my car back from Wayne. That's all the updates I have so far.

edit:
So I just saw Brandon (Brendon?) post a picture of my TS2 on zhpmafia. The unit is silver instead of black. God dammit. I hate this SC right now. So I came home to pick this up and it's not exactly what I wanted. I should have just listened to her and stayed back and screw the package. So now I'm waiting on ESS's reply to see if I could exchange for a black unit. When I hit them up before asking them about the TS2 units being black, they told me that all the units they sell were black. Except this one apparently. FML right now.

Last edited by sillieidiot; 11-19-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #227
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 01 330Ci "Mia"
sorry about your issues man. If you ever need a second set of hands you can always message me. Looking forward to hearing what ESS says.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:40 AM   #228
SidewaysGreg

My Ride: E46 330Ci
Year: 2002
Transmission: 5spd manual
I want your stance

Problem is my car is 700+lbs lighter than stock so even 3” lowering springs mean it rides at stock height.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
SidewaysGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:36 PM   #229
sillieidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
sorry about your issues man. If you ever need a second set of hands you can always message me. Looking forward to hearing what ESS says.
Well they told me that all the units since last year were silver. So I just got to paint them myself now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysGreg View Post
I want your stance

Problem is my car is 700+lbs lighter than stock so even 3” lowering springs mean it rides at stock height.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
I take it your car is like a race car? Sounds more awesome than my car lol

Old 12-31-2018, 06:02 PM   #230
Ettinger

My Ride: 4 doors, 3 pedals
Beautiful 3er and "M3"

Franz and the team nailed it with that design. What a front fascia!
Ettinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:11 PM   #231
YoitsTmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
Well they told me that all the units since last year were silver. So I just got to paint them myself now.

Pics?
Old 01-02-2019, 09:18 PM   #232
sillieidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
Pics?
This is all I got lol These were pictures taken to show the coating guys to see if it was possible for them to do it without taking apart the unit.

I'm going to try to bring the unit over to the coating guys (maybe tomorrow?) to see if they could take a look in person. If they still can't do it, then guess we'll have to take it apart.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #233
sillieidiot

Small update for my car:

So it's been raining here like crazy so on the car side I haven't seen much progress in the body shop. But on the SC side. I went to EAS and picked up the unit and dropped it off at OC Custom Coating to get my SC ceramic coated. They usually do guns and stuff like that. I figure if I'm going to get it painted, might as well do something that would stand up better than powder-coat. It has tighter tolerances for guns, and the coating I want is good with heat.

I asked them to see if they could coat my SC without taking it apart. After a few days, they got back to me and gave me a quote that was 3x the original one lol But given that they could do it without taking it apart, I gave them the go ahead. I totally forgot to take a before picture though . I left them a message asking them to, but iono if they will. They told me that it was easier to coat the entire unit rather than masking off the charger part that was already powder-coated. So the entire thing should be coated in what they call Glacier black. It's like a satin black.

Should look something close to this:

Was told the process will take a month. I'll be at work in a month, for a month lol So I won't see this thing until like March.

I'm sure everything will be done this year. I'm not looking forward to spending all this money at the beginning of the year.

On another note...

I've been modding Samantha's car I'm going to try to make a build thread for this car early in the beginning. So I'm going to document some stuff down here in case I forget later.

Last week, I had Extreme Autowerks in Brea install Spectra Photosync 45% ceramic tint on the sides and rear on her car. Again, since it's been raining, it's taking forever to dry. Can't roll down the windows. Car looks darker than I thought it would be. But could be because it's cloudy.

Then I installed reverse LED bulbs. There was like no DIYs for this on the 2 series forum whatsoever when I tried looking it up. Turns out you have to take the tail light out just to replace the bulb Luckily the tail light is rather easy to take off. The other issue I ran into was that I couldn't put the car in reverse and get out to check the bulb. The LEDs only go in one way so I have to check to make sure it's on each time. I ended up asking for help so that someone can put it in reverse while I do the install.

I don't know why the whole tail light is LED except for the reverse bulbs. The ones I installed were way brighter, and it's a nice straight white color.

Then I bought the Bimmercode app and BT OBD2 thing. Coded a few things that I hated on her car even though I don't really drive it. I could have used E-sys. But I was too lazy to set it up so I just bought the app. I got rid of the warning you have to click OK on every time. Couldn't figure out how to get rid of the welcome gongs. I think they took out that option in the LCI models. I enabled door lights on reverse, should help with some light on the curb for parallel parking. Changed reverse lights to LED even though there's no warning. Oh the other thing I didn't like was the damn radio. It stays on, on whatever the current volume is until you close the door and lock it. I made it so that it turns off the moment you open the door. My model 3 does that **** too, but luckily the volume goes down when you open the door and instantly turns off as soon as you close the door.

Fast forward to Sunday. She hit a pothole and blew out her tire. Luckily, it happened locally so I gave her a spare and just drove it to my house where it sits until the rain is out. EAS now sells Michelin tires, so I hit them up to order one and will be going there to get a replacement.

I can't figure out if I like her car on ARC-8s or not. Probably need to lower the car a bit first to know for sure. But I flip back and forth every time I pass by it to do something outside.

What do you guys think? I know, blurry picture.

That all for now. Can't do much else until it stops raining.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #234
sillieidiot

Ok so I've been gone for forever to Huntsville, AL. I hate that city now. They tried to deploy 100 people to do like what a team of 600 people would normally do. Then it rained all the ****ing time, with no sun either. I tried to go home after 2 weeks, but my PM told me she needed me an extra week. Switched me to nights then the week after, I tried to go home again, and the PM kept me there for 2 more weeks And she switched me back to days OMFG. It took me the entire week to just get used to nights because I had no days off. Seriously, I was getting depressed. I thought about selling my car LOL My friend's wife told me to keep it cause it was pretty Iono how that works, but it worked lol

Ok rant over. So I have some updates on my car. Let's see. From what I remember my last few updates were useless and didn't describe **** about why my car is taking so long lol

First, I dropped my car off last year to Wayne. Deadline was whenever, just work on it on your spare time because I'm always gone for work anyways, I won't miss it. (I actually do miss it though ) Well, then for 8 months, I was dealing with the stupid ass Streamline CSL trunk BS. Back and forth between work out of state and going to my car to try to fit/measure the trunk to show to this dumb ass that it doesn't fit. Then after awhile we work out a deal that he will refund me. Then what? Well shipping to your country costs more than the trunk LOL So he didn't want to do it. So 8 months later, what do I have? This POS bad fitting (but really light) CSL trunk. Had to call my CC to get a chargeback to get my money back. So that delayed the whole thing by 9 months.

Then, I had to smog the car, took the car back for a month. Delayed again. At the same time, Miss Samantha was buying a car M240i, sold her car so she borrowed it, sort of.

Gave the car back at the end of last year basically, and he started working on it a little. Most of the work was just taking off the rear fender off the M3 shell without destroying it.

Ok now we're caught up lol While I was at work in that last project I was ranting about, my TS2 was done being coated by the guys at OC Custom Coating. Luckily they were cool with me not being able to pick it up for a month while I was being held captive.

I picked it up today. So they ended up coating basically then entire supercharger because it was easier to do without taking the S/C apart. I chose to do their coating that had their best heat dissipation properties. It's not exactly like a black. It's more like a really, really dark grey. But that's only if you see it in like bright sunlight. It looks black otherwise though. It should look good once installed.

Then I drove straight to EAS cause they are like down the street from these guys. Hung out with Tom for a while talking about random ****. They asked if I will get the TS2 installed this decade LOL Then put the SC on a cart they had and pushed it to the back.

After that, I drove to Wayne to see some progress on the car. Looks like he started really working on it. The rear fender is off on one side. Rear windows and stuff are out, and the car is covered in white dust lol Car is ridiculously dirty. He showed me the problem areas that he was working on to get the inner fender part to work. Told me that I wasn't rubbing on the outside on the fender lip (cause I pulled the **** out of it knowing I would do the rear fenders lol). But I was lightly rubbing on the inside. Should be fixed after this though lol

My lonely good trunk just sitting here. Iono wtf happened to the other trunk lol

I just wanted a macro shot here I guess they didn't break my CF roof taking off my windshield again?

So yep, I'm only back for 12 days, so I tried to do all that **** all in one day. I have to leave again on the 30th ugh. So now the car is just waiting on Wayne to finish it so that the rest of the stuff can get done.

So when Wayne's done here's a list of **** I need to do:
  • Get oil change.
  • Possibly need to replace the battery again
  • Do VANOS seals
  • Replace the radiator hose that will be under the SC because it'll be a bitch later to do.
  • I decided to hold off on the headers and just do that later one after warranty is over when I get Frank Smith or whoever to tune it and take that into account.
  • Get tires
  • Get an alignment
  • Possibly do motor mounts
  • Replace transmission mounts

Basically, I'm just trying to lower the cost of install from EAS for now.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:13 PM   #235
kakashi_sensi

My Ride: 01 e46 330i 6spd
love the updates! keep us posted!

LEVELONE // Euro.Techniks // OEM BMW Performance Auto -> 6 Speed Complete
kakashi_sensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:57 AM   #236
tuscan1205

My Ride: e46 325CI, w212 E550
Jemus! Your finally getting them fenders done. AWESOME! Will definitely be following the progress.

Awesome awesome!

'02 e46 325CI & '12 w212 E550

tuscan1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:33 PM   #237
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?

My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
Yeah the decade question would be me
Instagram: @CarbonZHP
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:37 PM   #238
YoitsTmac

glad I checked in again. Very cool updates. Can't wait to see the final result!