Meet Mia: My 2001 BMW 330Ci - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2019, 11:24 PM   #21
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 01 330Ci "Mia"
Welp, we mark one year and 15,000 miles. What can I say - largely uneventful but that's what makes it noteworthy. I've topped off the oil about three times, but have topped off the coolant more times then I care to share (honestly about 5 times). I don't get a low coolant light which is most concerning. It seems that the automatic transmission cooler is what is leaking, along with the drain plug O-ring. I'm replacing that tomorrow.

I fixed my oil leak, which was self induced. I replaced the valve cover gasket, and according to my friend that helped me, I did such a poor job that the VCG is most likely why I've had to top off my oil so often.

While I was in there, I also did my spark plugs. I have my fuel filter on standby as maintenance, and I'm waiting on the O2 pilot mod because if I'm not drinking oil, I don't want to put unnecessary pressure on the piston rings.

On the flip side, I grabbed my CSL wheels from the 328...they're rough. There is also a bunch of erm...clutch hydraulics around these days...
Old 07-24-2019, 11:27 PM   #22
YoitsTmac

I also want to share that my mom has officially joined the BMW family and I can't wait to share her ride once we do a photo shoot.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:39 PM   #23
hodgkinsc330ci

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Year: 2002
Transmission: ZF 5AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
I also want to share that my mom has officially joined the BMW family and I can't wait to share her ride once we do a photo shoot.
Excellent! My parents picked up a G20 back in March. Dad is in love with it. I don't care for it as much as my E46 but I do have to admit, it's very nice. They've stepped up their game from the F30. Did your mom get a new, or a used BMW?

Good to hear about the oil, btw. Even with the oil leak, 1 quart per 5,000 miles is impressive. I wish I could go that long without burning oil, and I've been running O2Pilot for almost 3 years. Of course, I believe I also have a small, self-inflicted VCG leak and a small OFHG leak.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
[BMW Motors] Advertising has somehow convinced people that they're different. That they're made by magical Dachshunds who only eat special bratwursts made by virgins in an undisclosed magical spot inside of the black forest that can only be accessed via a special hydrogen powered BMW helicopter.
hodgkinsc330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2019, 12:30 AM   #24
YoitsTmac

Very cool! She grabbed a CPO, it's the way to go in my opinion. I'm not ready to reveal which, but I will this weekend on a fun trip we're taking.

I agree that I was lucky with my rate that I leaked oil, but I also believe it may go away completely given my sh*tty job on the VCG