E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Battery upgrade for a weekend project car

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  randy72877 
#1 ·
Hi guys, in my 330ci currently is installed exide 096 type battery which is died on me. From research I looks like this vehicle requires 010 type battery. Because car is driven rarely and I am considering to upgrade audio system I was looking into AGM batteries. Now as I understand e46 doesn't need to be calibrated specifically for AGM type?

So far my pick is Bosch S6 AGM 010 type, any thoughts on these batteries?

#2 ·
You can put pretty much any automotive battery in any car, as long as it's powerful enough. As long as it fits the battery compartment, you're fine. Go with the battery that has the highest CCA rating and will fit in the compartment. Make sure it has a vent hose connection. Even the AGM batteries vent.

#3 ·
H8 agm is the largest/best battery that fits in the battery compartment. It still needs to be vented like a regular battery. There is no calibration for battery type or battery regestration like the newer models have. The only modification to the car is removing the plastic spacer block that locates the smaller battery in the tray. I have one in my car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.