Rear Brake Line - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
Yossarian

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Rear Brake Line

I was just going to replace the hose going from the steel line to the caliper, but it looks like the 11 mm nut that connects the two is somewhat stripped. If it is stripped, 1) Any suggestions as to getting it loose besides liberal application of WD40, etc? I tried Googling an 11 mm O2 sensor socket with the slit in the side, but apparently that's a no go 2)How hard is it to replace the steel line? (it was starting to rain 3 hours before it was predicted, so I chose to throw the tire back on and not to chase the line underneath the car today). When the sun reappears in a few days, how screwed am I?

Jeff
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:55 AM   #2
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
I have a similar issue but mine is that the nut is seized onto the hard brake line.... I'm going to have a shop try to cut the line, re-flange it with a new nut. If that doesn't work then the entire hard line will have to be replaced.

Luckily for you it looks like the brake pipes are installed in sections so it should be a lot easier to replace the affected section.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=34_0776

In my F30 i have to lower the fuel tank since it's one long piece.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #3
Yossarian

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Thanks for your input. I tried again and failed miserably. I ended up having a friend who is a Ford Tech do it as a side job for me since he has access to a lift. He couldn't get it off, either, so he cut the hard line, put on a new nut, and flared the end to make it work. I was hoping not to have to replace the line and was able to get away with it. I dodged that bullet.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote