Google Cloud Move 2/20/2018 - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions

Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions
Do you have feedback/questions/ideas/suggestions about the site? Post them here.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #41
AHS

My Ride: 328i
aloha,
My browser keeps locking up, and I receive a message stating that this site isn't responding.
Parts of this site do not respond, like accessing parts of my profile. The error message says that the page requested didn't respond, or similar error message.

No other sites are giving problems like this.

Any input on this issue?
Thank you,
aloha.
window7 running explorer.
AHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:37 AM   #42
armenh7

My Ride: 2002 325i
Can someone please bring back the accouncement about what's going on? Apparently not many people know and constantly make threads asking about the issues

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PA Soft
Driver:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Program:
armenh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:41 AM   #43
Solidjake
Shifting

My Ride: 2013 328i 6MT
I have emailed the admin. Only he has the real answer.

-
-

-
-

Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2018, 01:26 PM   #44
BullCityBimmer

My Ride: 1998 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180SXTCY View Post
Hi

Been trying to use the search function on my work computer and I keep getting the following error message:

"connection to sphinx03:3316 failed"

is there an issue?

thanks

Johny

I get the same thing now at my place of business... E46Fanatics app on iPhone is also screwed up too

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
BullCityBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:53 AM   #45
resunoiz

My Ride: 320ci
same issues as before

Hope there are chances it will repair, expecially for the search function that is vital in a huge and useful community like this. Good luck and good work!!

Last edited by resunoiz; 02-26-2018 at 08:20 AM.
resunoiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:12 AM   #46
kburger

My Ride: 323ci coupe 2000 bmw
ill check back once a week. totally bogus. site is dead. no news either why?
kburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #47
Mr Podman

My Ride: E46 Coupe
How to ruin the e46Fanatics brand in one swell foop.

podman
Mr Podman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #48
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?

My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
Site is currently not indexed on google. Google searches do not include E46F results, and the built in search in E46F is currently broken.

Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
Instagram: @CarbonZHP
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #49
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by kburger View Post
ill check back once a week. totally bogus. site is dead. no news either why?
It's pretty pathetic that a test migration wasn't done a sand box. I guess the new company hasn't heard of Continuous Integration Pipeline. If they had we would not be having these problems.

zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:57 PM   #50
Spannerhead

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
Site is currently not indexed on google. Google searches do not include E46F results, and the built in search in E46F is currently broken.
Are you sure? I did a search for the E46 speedometer accuracy thread on Google and the E46F thread was the first hit.

Current:
•
•

Past BMWs:
•
•

Past Other: '85 GSL-SE • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S • '85 RX-7 GSL
Spannerhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:01 PM   #51
CarbonZHP
Because Race...Convertible?

My Ride: goes choo choo
Year: 2004
Model: 330Cic ZHP
Transmission: AT->5MT->6MT
Ok yeah. Im seeing some there

Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
Instagram: @CarbonZHP
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:18 PM   #52
Solidjake
Shifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander271 View Post
It's pretty pathetic that a test migration wasn't done a sand box. I guess the new company hasn't heard of Continuous Integration Pipeline. If they had we would not be having these problems.
I have to agree with you....

-
-

-
-

Old 02-27-2018, 04:17 AM   #53
Solidjake
Shifting

Reply from another thread

Quote:
Hey there

Tech is currently working on the missing content, and some other issues we're seeing as well. The threads, replies, PMs, etc have not been deleted; they're just living elsewhere in the DNS abyss right now.

For this behaviour of opening a thread to a seemingly random page, it kind of sounds like the sit
e is putting you at the "latest post" (based on what it currently believes is your last read post, because it's currently a touch behind). I'm not sure if this would be corrected with the posts when they are restored, or if this will just need to be updated by usage again (ie You read the threads, and the database will update your last known position in it). To confirm, was this the behaviour beforehand?

DM

-
-

-
-

Old 03-01-2018, 10:05 PM   #54
steveintheburgh

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
8 Days running w/ no search capability

Consistently getting an error - PC and APP.

this is extremely disappointing.
steveintheburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #55
steveintheburgh

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
I have emailed the admin. Only he has the real answer.

Whats the email address?
steveintheburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:23 AM   #56
no1dor

My Ride: 2001 E46 M3 Turbo
Lost all mine too. Was there any feedback regarding this?
no1dor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #57
gtride

My Ride: 330 Touring
So no way to recover all PM, lost all of them. I had many clients info in there and some other important information.

Sent from my [device_name] using E46Fanatics mobile app
gtride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #58
stvcheetham

My Ride: E46 330ci coupe
Connection to Sphinx etc etc error

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
stvcheetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #59
stvcheetham

My Ride: E46 330ci coupe
Won’t accept new car, date error and mileage error when information is correct and in correct format. Crap

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
stvcheetham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:12 PM   #60
AGAdmin
Administrator

My Ride: a car
Year: 2017
Model: a car
Transmission: good
We are working on these today. I will update punch lists as I have them.
-Philip

AGAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote