Need help: Avin Avant Wireless Backup Camera! - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:26 AM   #1
bnurick

Need help: Avin Avant Wireless Backup Camera!

So, this is my first head unit replacement attempt. While Avin's site is pretty good at the order step, their DIY guides are near awful, in that they are combining multiple guides created by other people, sometimes for other brands altogether.

So, I ordered the Wireless backup camera components on their site. It comes with both the actual camera license plate light replacement (which I found out doesn't even fit the vert), and the wireless receiver and transmitter.

I am trying to figure out the best way to wire this configuration with the Avant 4.

My existing unit is OEM, with NO Nav system.

I have both the BUS modules,the IBUS and the other one that I think translates steering wheel commands into instructions for the unit....I read this unit has the Reverse trigger embedded into it....but I also read that you need to connect the Blue Wire from the wireless receiver into the reverse wire that is pink...

Argh!!
bnurick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
skylink

My Ride: E46
2.4GHz Wireless Backup / Reverse Camera Video Transmitter

100% brand new, High quality
Easy installation
Convert any reversing camera with a standard RCA connector into a wireless camera with this universal transmitter and receiver kit
Eliminates the need to run a cable the length of the vehicle, just connect the transmitter at the camera end and the receiver at the monitor end
Wireless transmitter with male RCA plug and male 3.5mm power plug for supplying power to the camera
Wireless receiver with male RCA plug for connection to monitor

How to install :

Connect the wireless module (TRANSMITTER) to your camera via the two cables - YELLOW plug for video output and RED plug for power
Connect the wireless module (TRANSMITTER) to the reverse light of your car to get power - The small red wire(Power+) connects to the reverse lights positive wire. The small black (Power-) connects the car's reverse lights negative(ground) wire.
Connect the wireless module (RECEIVER) to your car monitor - YELLOW RCA plug into backup camera input
Connect the wireless module (RECEIVER) BLUE wire to "REVERSE" wire on back of head unit's cable harness
Connect the wireless module (RECEIVER) the Small Red (power+) wire can be tapped to the RED ACC wire on the back of the head units cable harness. The Small Black (Power-) wire can be tapped to the black ground wire from the units cable harness.
You will see the camera view when your car is in reverse shiftClick image for larger version

Name:	avin_2.4ghz_wireless_video_transmitter_6.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	785495
skylink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
skylink

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pink reverse.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	785497

That Pink Reverse to the Reverse light positive on the wireless device

Click image for larger version

Name:	reverse.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	785499

I used these connections for the backup camera "orange one" and not the pink as shown above

Last edited by skylink; 10-09-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #4
skylink

And also you going to need to give the camera/light a haircut to match the angle of the camera "back side" some fool has made a million of these without even testing if they fit
Old 10-09-2019, 03:15 PM   #5
bnurick

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylink View Post
Attachment 785497

That Pink Reverse to the Reverse light positive on the wireless device

Attachment 785499

I used these connections for the backup camera "orange one" and not the pink as shown above
Okay, that was a a good piece of info... I was curious whether to use the main harness or the wire attachment...
Old 10-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
bnurick

Finally got it!

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Old 10-10-2019, 03:05 PM   #7
skylink

good one mate, glad its working