Castrol Edge 0w40, 13$/gal at Amazon - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #21
Mango

My Ride: Lexus
Nevermind read that as Mobil 1 for some reason.

you are installing only the #2 best oil in the world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

-
-
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:22 PM   #22
BMW-North
// Quandt AG (Retired) //

My Ride: AMv8,e46,e90,e92,e83
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatichuman View Post
Hey,

all good, but I don't think it was a glitch. First of all I don't believe they really happen since computers don't make such mistakes except a human inputted wrong values, but most of all I got it directly from Amazon and that seller isn't available anymore, so I think it's more probable they wanted to get rid of the last bottles.

Cheers
Let us know if you actually receive it. A few months ago I saw a deal like that on Amazon with certain electronic devices at 1/10 normal price. I ordered 4 and the order processed. After about 10 days I went to check why they had not come and the seller was "gone". I notified Amazon customer service and got a full refund but no explanation. My guess was it was a bogus deal, seller never had any product.

BMW-North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:46 PM   #23
gde15237

About 18 months ago, I followed a deal posted on Rennlist (see thread https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...oil-alert.html ) for Motul XCess 8100 and bought 4 x 5liter jugs for $58 delivered. These deals can happen but the door closes just as quickly as it opens. Some folks only received a single jug, some had orders cancelled. I had an oil change or two....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gde15237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:36 AM   #24
fanatichuman

My Ride: 2001 e46 330xi
It's on its way, should all be fine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	castrol2.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	736046  
fanatichuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:01 AM   #25
BaliDawg
DEADBEEF BAADF00D

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
Quote:
First of all I don't believe they really happen since computers don't make such mistakes except a human inputted wrong values...
Computers run software written by humans, and they make mistakes (bugs), like really often! Amazon’s pricing is calculated and set by their software.

BaliDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:12 AM   #26
mtnbimmer

My Ride: 325xi
Quote:
...since computers don't make such mistakes...
Time to wake up.
mtnbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:56 PM   #27
SaberLily

My Ride: E46 xi
Year: 2001
Model: 325xi
Transmission: MT
Amazon has some of these random pricing errors that you have to jump on before they get corrected. By the time I checked for Castrol Edge 0W40 it was already normal price.

- South Main Auto Repair
SaberLily is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
castrol, oil