**Tourings for sale thread** - Page 198 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Touring

E46 Touring
The E46 touring forum. Talk about your sport wagon E46 here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-17-2020, 08:54 PM   #3941
jdamore44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Port Angeles
Posts: 24
My Ride: '03 M3, '01 325xiT
Depends on your strengths and situation. Im a supervisor of body and paint departments for a manufacturing company. Ive got a lot of tools to help me if the going gets rough. With 88k i should get a few good years out of it. Ill definitely be taking a close look at the situation though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
jdamore44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:37 PM   #3942
Stigissimo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Reading, MA
Posts: 95
My Ride: 330iT
**Tourings for sale thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore44 View Post
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing



Thinking about picking up this one! Any input guys?


Wow. If you ask me that’s mad cheap for that mileage. Especially for that color combo.

Buy it.

If you manual swapped it I guarantee you could turn around and sell it for nearly double (not that you’d want to)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Stigissimo; 01-17-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Stigissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:30 PM   #3943
jdamore44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Port Angeles
Posts: 24
My Ride: '03 M3, '01 325xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigissimo View Post
Wow. If you ask me that’s mad cheap for that mileage. Especially for that color combo.

Buy it.

If you manual swapped it I guarantee you could turn around and sell it for nearly double (not that you’d want to)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I want to! I just wish the guy would message me back. :/
jdamore44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:59 AM   #3944
Geo31
Ironman
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Willis, TX, USA
Posts: 4,782
My Ride: 98 M-Z3/01 330iT 6MT
I dunno, I can't shake the feeling it's too good to believe. Then again, I felt that way about my car and it was better than I thought when I got there.

Funny, when I bought my car I thought if it bought me 3 or so years, that would be great. Turns out it's the car I want to keep forever. Good luck. I hope it works out for you.
__________________
George Roffe

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:06 PM   #3945
jdamore44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Port Angeles
Posts: 24
My Ride: '03 M3, '01 325xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
I dunno, I can't shake the feeling it's too good to believe. Then again, I felt that way about my car and it was better than I thought when I got there.

Funny, when I bought my car I thought if it bought me 3 or so years, that would be great. Turns out it's the car I want to keep forever. Good luck. I hope it works out for you.
Turns out the seller broke his collar bone yesterday morning. Yikes! We chatted back and forth on the phone and exchanged some texts. He's almost 3 hrs from me and it will take a plan to get there and take care of this. I was the only party interested yesterday and hopefully after our convo, he will hold it for me until Tuesday when I can get there to check it out. He sent me some underbody pics and it was definitely an East coast car, however I think it's not nearly as bad as some I've seen. It's looking good so far. Hopefully I'll be posting a new build journal soon.


Last edited by jdamore44; 01-18-2020 at 12:07 PM.
jdamore44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:10 PM   #3946
yjsaabman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Posts: 2,728
My Ride: '03 325i Touring
That's pretty crusty...especially the rear knuckle and suspension hardware and for the mileage.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
yjsaabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:14 PM   #3947
VpointVick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,580
My Ride: '03 325iT Mysticblau
I'm so pleased that my car spent most of its life in AZ!
VpointVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:19 PM   #3948
Mannydog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 230
My Ride: -02 325XiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjsaabman View Post
That's pretty crusty...especially the rear knuckle and suspension hardware and for the mileage.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I did shocks and springs a couple of months ago, and seeing this DIY from Pelican reminded me how nice it is to work on west coast cars. I'm from the northeast, and cars that rarely rust is one of my favorite things about living in the northwest:
https://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tec...ring_Coils.htm
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'02 325XiT
Mannydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:41 PM   #3949
Geo31
Ironman
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Willis, TX, USA
Posts: 4,782
My Ride: 98 M-Z3/01 330iT 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannydog View Post
I did shocks and springs a couple of months ago, and seeing this DIY from Pelican reminded me how nice it is to work on west coast cars. I'm from the northeast, and cars that rarely rust is one of my favorite things about living in the northwest:
https://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/tec...ring_Coils.htm
Yep, too true. I was the original owner of a 1991 Sentra SE-R, now a cult classic and hard to find since most have been horribly molested. I'd planned to keep it forever (I used to love reading about original owners of Datsun 510s and 240Zs). It spent 4 years in the northeast before coming to Texas and spending another 6 years on the road here. One day I was working on the cage of my 944 and I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. Turns out I literally saw rust falling off the car. It was at that moment I knew it was game over. Poop. Wish I still had that car because it was a LOT of fun. I used to race two different ones, one in SCCA ITS and another in LeMons.
__________________
George Roffe

Swim: 2.4 Miles
Bike: 112 Miles
Run: 26.2 Miles
Brag: For the rest of your life

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Geo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:10 PM   #3950
Mannydog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 230
My Ride: -02 325XiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo31 View Post
Yep, too true. I was the original owner of a 1991 Sentra SE-R, now a cult classic and hard to find since most have been horribly molested. I'd planned to keep it forever (I used to love reading about original owners of Datsun 510s and 240Zs). It spent 4 years in the northeast before coming to Texas and spending another 6 years on the road here. One day I was working on the cage of my 944 and I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. Turns out I literally saw rust falling off the car. It was at that moment I knew it was game over. Poop. Wish I still had that car because it was a LOT of fun. I used to race two different ones, one in SCCA ITS and another in LeMons.
LOL, I had several early 70s 510s in the early 80s in upstate NY.
That was after my first BMW, a '70 2002 I bought in '79 that was already rusted out.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'02 325XiT
Mannydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:21 AM   #3951
UncleDon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 989
My Ride: '05 325iT '99 528i
Transmission: 5MT 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdamore44 View Post
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Thinking about picking up this one! Any input guys?
Carfax shows that it was a Pennsylvania car for 14 years and 58,000 of it's 89,000 miles.

The rust showing on the rear quarter panel is not good. Check the other quarter panel in the same area for rust starting in the body panel seams.

Also carefully check the door sills and the bottom of the doors and rear hatch if you inspect the car in person. The doors and hatch typically rust though the seams from the inside out.

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UncleDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #3952
jdamore44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Port Angeles
Posts: 24
My Ride: '03 M3, '01 325xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDon View Post
Carfax shows that it was a Pennsylvania car for 14 years and 58,000 of it's 89,000 miles.

The rust showing on the rear quarter panel is not good. Check the other quarter panel in the same area for rust starting in the body panel seams.

Also carefully check the door sills and the bottom of the doors and rear hatch if you inspect the car in person. The doors and hatch typically rust though the seams from the inside out.

Ah, thanks for the heads up on the trouble spots! Hopefully I can talk him down a little bit if I do find more. I'll prob end up patching it up the best I can to keep her on the road for another 100k. I have some auto body and paint repair experience and have access to some good resources. I probably won't get the pro quality repair on it, but it will be a good 20 foot looker Thanks again for all the input guys, I appreciate the forum experts time and XP.
jdamore44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #3953
velofinds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 689
My Ride: 330it
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...058826472.html
__________________
I drive a station wagon
velofinds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:24 PM   #3954
yjsaabman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Posts: 2,728
My Ride: '03 325i Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by velofinds View Post
That's Filmy's car.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
yjsaabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:43 AM   #3955
velofinds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 689
My Ride: 330it
Not an E46, but could be of interest to some:

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto...058717191.html
__________________
I drive a station wagon
velofinds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:59 AM   #3956
Bmachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Northern California
Posts: 8
My Ride: 3.0cs 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by velofinds View Post
That looks like a really nice color combo.
If it was a manual it would be really tempting to me.
Bmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 03:23 AM   #3957
Mannydog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 230
My Ride: -02 325XiT
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/...064373239.html
Alpine /natural brown 325iT


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'02 325XiT
Mannydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:59 AM   #3958
Bennett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: California
Posts: 77
My Ride: e46 touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannydog View Post
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/...064373239.html
Alpine /natural brown 325iT


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Beautiful

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:42 AM   #3959
velofinds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 689
My Ride: 330it
Yeah, super nice.
__________________
I drive a station wagon
velofinds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:16 AM   #3960
malapane
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 279
My Ride: E46 M3, 325iT & F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannydog View Post
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/...064373239.html
Alpine /natural brown 325iT


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Very nice color combo! I like the lighter paint colors and the natural brown is of course great and goes well with white. That would be perfect if it were manual.
__________________
E46 Touring 5MT sport, E46 M3 6MT coupe, F30 N20 sport & JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
malapane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.