What Grille looks better!? - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #21
ElrichMeister

My Ride: 06 325Ci M56
I would go with the OEM Performance Glossy black grills. All of the aftermarket grills are trash, they never fit right. I went through 2 sets before settling with BMW performance grills

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ElrichMeister; 08-16-2017 at 03:04 PM.
ElrichMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:15 PM   #22
Dogthebountyhunter

My Ride: 03 M3 Vert 2005 745i
I say keep the chrome, it goes good with the trim and wheels! Sick car btw
Dogthebountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:06 AM   #23
RedOctober1984

My Ride: 2005 330i
I was sick of looking at plain black or plain chrome and since I don't have an M3 I went for these blackout grilles with the German flag colors.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part.../007965ecs01a/

This is the link to the pre-facelift grilles. I got some post-facelift grilles from them and they look great..
RedOctober1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2017, 05:14 AM   #24
DMartBossman

My Ride: 2003 E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgkinsc330ci View Post
Looks super clean man - I dig it. Honestly, if you're thinking about going gloss black for window trim, consider gloss black kidneys as an option. I've seen it on blue before, and it looks fantastic. To me, it's all about trying to make it match as much as possible; that's what looks best, when it all flows.

And yeah, the halos are great. Wish I would've opted for Orion V4's, but for $130 with a 2 year warranty, you can't beat the Khoalty AE's. Great kit, awesome price, easy install. Oh yeah, and nice CSL wheels too! Can't wait to get a hold of some Apex ARC-8's one of these days.

Sent from my 831C using E46Fanatics mobile app
Appreciate the compliment. I was planning on getting the ARCs & the Orion v4s too but ended up deciding in getting the Sportline 8's & Khoalty AE Kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
My sig shows painted frames, black grilles
Thank you for the reference. That doesn't look that bad. Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendoscopy View Post
Chrome, absolutely. I think it goes great with topaz blue, mystic blue, orient blue, etc.
I temporarily put the chrome for now to see the contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
I would go pro stock BMW and remove *ALL* stickers and tint. And that front bracket. (gotta buy the strip)

Fun place to shoot. Here's a casual snap in that same spot I did years ago. Spot is played out but still fun

Well what tint percentage would you recommend? Due to the Cali heat, I really wanna have something that would diminish the amount of heat inside the car.

I currently have 35% all around *I believe I need to double check my receipt* my fronts are ceramic tint and the rears are normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogthebountyhunter View Post
I say keep the chrome, it goes good with the trim and wheels! Sick car btw
Thanks bud I am trying to have the right balance between aggressive and enthusiast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober1984 View Post
I was sick of looking at plain black or plain chrome and since I don't have an M3 I went for these blackout grilles with the German flag colors.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part.../007965ecs01a/

This is the link to the pre-facelift grilles. I got some post-facelift grilles from them and they look great..
Would you mind having a picture of your car with those grilles?
DMartBossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #25
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
like everyone else said, middle picture.
on your color car and mods the Chrome surrounds and black grill slats looks best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL RACK - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAV- BMWP CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC S/S LINES, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:35 PM   #26
TR4G-

My Ride: E36/8 3.0i, E46 ZHP
I would say paint matched or full chrome or half chrome. Any option will look good to be honest. If you were to go black, I would do a glossy black over matte

TR4G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #27
lllRazorlll

My Ride: Accord Coupe
For window tint get 3M Crystalline. Get a light tint, if any, but benefit from the film's rejection of the sun's UV rays. Your car is too clean for tint

lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:37 PM   #28
jarjar

My Ride: 04 BMW 330CI
Matte black all the way if you have a darker coloured car.
jarjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #29
WDE46

My Ride: '13 128i STX
Quote:
I would go pro stock BMW and remove *ALL* stickers and tint. And that front bracket. (gotta buy the strip)
What's with you being against tint. It's so dumb! Tint has very practical applications for heat reduction and privacy. Have fun in your fishbowl baking in the sun with your AC struggling to keep up.

WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #30
jarjar

My Ride: 04 BMW 330CI
Also tint makes the car look sleek. My dad's caddy isn't tinted and sometimes it feels awkward being in it. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Quote:
What's with you being against tint. It's so dumb! Tint has very practical applications for heat reduction and privacy. Have fun in your fishbowl baking in the sun with your AC struggling to keep up.

Last edited by jarjar; 08-17-2017 at 08:08 PM.
jarjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:21 PM   #31
BaliDawg
DEADBEEF BAADF00D

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
None of the above. Get the gloss black ones from ECS Tuning. They are really well made: tough, not brittle, fit tight, look great. I have them on both my E46s and my E39.

Like these, but for facelift.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...1-4603-bk~ecs/

Last edited by BaliDawg; 08-17-2017 at 11:36 PM.
BaliDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #32
Silverdogz

My Ride: '02 330Ci, '04 330i
Year: 2004
Model: BMW 330i ZHP
Transmission: Manual 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post
^Yep; needs some contrast. No matte black or body-colored.
To argue that, I feel that the Titan Silver cars look better with black because of the contrast.

Silverdogz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e46, grille, sedan