loss of drive - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
d5egs

My Ride: 330d
loss of drive

hi folks new to the forum. had my 330d for about 5 months and it has always had the rumble and stutter between 60 and 70 mph that every one says is related to the propshaft and guibo. my problem is i drove down from aberdeen just sitting above the 70mph so it wouldnt judder on the cruise control when all of a sudden there was no drive and the rev counter hit the limiter. switched of the cruise control and coasted into the hard shoulder. tried selecting all gears in the auto box but nothing. switched the car of and on 3-4 different times manageing to travel about 1-2 hundred yards each time before haveing to get the AA out. tried the car when dropped of the truck but no movement.went out this morning and reversed along the drie until i reached a slight hill then nothing. went back out 2 hours later and it reversed no problem up the drive then tried to move forward , nothing again put back in reverse still nothing.
has any one got any ideas, i dont have access to a code reader and am dreading its the gearbox.
tried changeing the fluid out today with no change.
has anyone in the buckingham, milton keynes area have a code reader and could help me out or if not does any of you know of a good mobile diagnostic company and what they would possibly charge for a call out.
sorry this post is a bitlong winded but struggling with my poor broom.
d5egs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
330d, loss of drive