Most Cutting-edge Eonon GA7150A Android 6.0 Car GPS with 2GB RAM & Octa-Core Released - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Mobile Electronics Forum

Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2017, 07:37 AM   #21
Mevius

My Ride: E46 325Ci '02
Temped to buy the GA7150A, couple of questions:

@mjpgolf1:
- Why are the comments deleted? Where they criticizing the product of something else? I'd like to know about every aspect of the product I buy, not only the positive ones.

@EononCarDVD:
- What are the benefits/differences of running Wince instead of Android?
- Is the 3 meter Wi-Fi cable included/available?
Mevius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:16 AM   #22
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i,05 745,03 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevius View Post

@mjpgolf1:
- Why are the comments deleted? Where they criticizing the product of something else? I'd like to know about every aspect of the product I buy, not only the positive ones.

@EononCarDVD:
The info is available all over the net on the concensus of these units so there was no reason to continue to beat a dead horse here.
mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:49 AM   #23
EononCarDVD

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
If this is really a big improvement I feel bad for the guys who just bought the 7150 that was just released a few weeks ago and advertised as the latest and greatest. It's at least nice to see Eonon listening to their customers with the 2g but I too am interested in knowing if the audio has been upgraded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
This unit was already on AliExpress when they released their 7150 as the "latest and greatest." This is just Eonon cashing in on getting people to buy the 7150 and then upgrade to this unit within a year.

I've had this unit (sans Eonon branding) sitting in my garage for a few weeks but have been hesitant to install it after reading about your issues with the audio quality. Maybe the "subwoofer control" will help with bass output? It's a long shot, though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlixemBimmer View Post
Oh well crap, my new 7150 is now old! ;-)

I always new the 2GB units were coming, but I thought it would be more than 1 month later.
Hi guys, thanks for your concern to Eonon! The reason why Eonon GA7150A was released so soon is, many people have reflected their strong desire for 2GB RAM. We then hurried up to make an even more powerful unit to satisfy these customers’ needs. On the other hand, it means we are willing to listen to customers as usual and put into action efficiently. When the group buy starts on March 28, we don’t even know the new GA7150A would come out so soon. But we did have mentioned on the post of April 27th that, our 2GB RAM unit will release soon here: https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=106
The audio is improved a little bit in GA7150A, but not so much difference between GA7150 and GA7150A to tell you the truth.

It’s inevitable to mention that GA7150A and GA7150 has different marketing positioning. You can see the price between the 2 models are different. They will be sold at the same time to cater to different customers’ needs, one won’t replace another currently. So our GA7150 is not out of date now, just like your car has standard version or high-end version, quite normal. If you have other questions, just feel free to PM us, we will definitely provide considerate service to customers in the forum in first priority and try our best to give you good offer.

What’s more, we will communicate with the related department even better in the future, and get more accurate info in time to inform you guys. And here it the latest news: GA7150A is already the new version of unit now. If we had other BMW E46 model, it would be a non-DVD player version of 1GB RAM unit(GA7150) in the future, but the hardware won’t be updated in the short time. Please rest assured, thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsantoli View Post
pm sent to eonon. i ordered last night and a day later a new model is out? almost tempted to cancel all together. who wouldnt tell their customer that a new model will be released the following day
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsantoli View Post
know what, come to think of it i am emailing and cancelling my order
Hi jsantoli, no worry we help you via PM, please check our message to you, thanks!

Quote:

@mjpgolf1:

@EononCarDVD:
Hi Mevius, thanks for your interest!
- You mean our GA7150A has 2 different user interfaces including Win CE and Android, you’d like to know the differences and benefits?

- Yes the 3M wifi cable is included in the GA7150A package, thanks!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #24
Mevius

Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
- You mean our GA7150A has 2 different user interfaces including Win CE and Android, you’d like to know the differences and benefits?
That is correct. What are the differences and benefits of running the different interfaces?
Old 05-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #25
Desthbyfire

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quick question - does the LED amber color sort of match or is it a direct match to stock interior lighting? I want an OEM match.

I am going to make the jump and get this. I will report back my results.
Desthbyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #26
Desthbyfire

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
That is correct. What are the differences and benefits of running the different interfaces?
Units running WIN CE tend to be more robust and less glitchy than android units. However, I have not experienced an android tablet unit running WIN CE so unsure if same effect for this unit. Dynavin runs Win CE.
Desthbyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:35 AM   #27
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desthbyfire View Post
Quick question - does the LED amber color sort of match or is it a direct match to stock interior lighting? I want an OEM match.

I am going to make the jump and get this. I will report back my results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desthbyfire View Post
Units running WIN CE tend to be more robust and less glitchy than android units. However, I have not experienced an android tablet unit running WIN CE so unsure if same effect for this unit. Dynavin runs Win CE.
@Mevius, GA7150A only has 2 kinds of user interface for you to choose, but both of them are running under Android 6.0 system. You can just choose the one you like.

@Desthbyfire, so it doesn’t mean our GA7150A has 2 operation systems.
And GA7150A has the default LED color as the stock interior lighting, and you can also DIY any color you like on the unit settings. Quite convenient! Welcome to buy and share your review: http://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS...S/GA7150A.html Thanks a lot!
Old 05-08-2017, 03:19 AM   #28
Mevius

Quote:
@Mevius, GA7150A only has 2 kinds of user interface for you to choose, but both of them are running under Android 6.0 system. You can just choose the one you like. [/url] Thanks a lot!
So it's just the GUI that is WinCE?

On another subject, ny reviews on the V0054 DAB+ Digital Audio Broadcasting box? Here in The Netherlands the old FM/AM bands will go offline within a couple of years so DAB+ is is a must have.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:37 PM   #29
ZHPizza

My Ride: 2005 ZHP Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealfromnz View Post
Mpgolf, you never tried the unit via rca output so you never got to hear the best audio the unit can produce.

Yours was connected via Eonon amp output to BMW amp which can clearly overload the BMW input stage if you try to run too much volume. Sure you had other issues but you comments about the dac are incorrect in the technical sense.

The question for Eonon is can the unit have its output reduced when using the built in amp it and its connected to the BMW factory amp ?

I think that was answered elsewhere by the unit had a "set volume level command " but was used in a different context.

So people reading this, the Eonon has three different modes of output

1, its own amp for running speakers directly

2, the same amp running into the BMW amp for plug and play

3, rca outputs for aftermarket system including subwoofer.

Talk of Dacs is also the wrong terminology used above as mpgolf only used the amp stage.

I think what he is trying to point out though is the opanp quality that's in his new unit and the thought that's been put into it to correctly drive the BMW amp.

I don't have either brand solution btw as never met my needs for having a digital output into my Dac/DSP , after market amps and speakers. ( Pete's raspberry setup with Kodi and a sabre USB dac dies this in my case)

Just pointing out mis-information.
Are you suggesting that connecting the RCA outputs to the OE HK amp would produce the best sound? Any idea if that could be easily accomplished?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZHPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #30
nealfromnz

My Ride: 2002 e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
Are you suggesting that connecting the RCA outputs to the OE HK amp would produce the best sound? Any idea if that could be easily accomplished?
No, RCA for aftermarket amps expecting a unbalanced audio signal. Eonon RCA also puts out 2 volts so if convert would under drive the BMW amp.

I'm suggesting that Eonon inform owners of how to optmise these units to lower its output when connected to BMW hifi or hk amp.

Could have a damaging effect on amp or speakers if people are too generous with Volume control.

Eonon have you got a set volume setting that puts roughly 8.5 volts out on a 0db audio track ?

Last edited by nealfromnz; 05-08-2017 at 02:18 PM.
nealfromnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:40 AM   #31
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealfromnz View Post
No, RCA for aftermarket amps expecting a unbalanced audio signal. Eonon RCA also puts out 2 volts so if convert would under drive the BMW amp.

I'm suggesting that Eonon inform owners of how to optmise these units to lower its output when connected to BMW hifi or hk amp.

Could have a damaging effect on amp or speakers if people are too generous with Volume control.

Eonon have you got a set volume setting that puts roughly 8.5 volts out on a 0db audio track ?
Hi nealfromnz, to optmize these units to lower its output when connected to BMW hifi or hk amp. You can just enter Setting-->Factory settings-->PW:126-->Other-->AMP-->-15DB.

About your 2nd question, a volume setting that puts roughly 8.5 volts out on a 0db audio track, we are not quite clear what it means. Could you please kindly explain? Thanks a lot!
Old 05-09-2017, 03:55 AM   #32
nealfromnz

My Ride: 2002 e46
Quote:
Hi nealfromnz, to optmize these units to lower its output when connected to BMW hifi or hk amp. You can just enter Setting-->Factory settings-->PW:126-->Other-->AMP-->-15DB.

About your 2nd question, a volume setting that puts roughly 8.5 volts out on a 0db audio track, we are not quite clear what it means. Could you please kindly explain? Thanks a lot!
Thanks, you first answer covers the second question. Basically the second is a way of setting the audio stage so that music peaks don't overwhelm the BMW amp electrically.
nealfromnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #33
Erabaxer

My Ride: 325Ci
Hi

E46 325 Cabrio (date of manufacture 2000).

In car set Audio Cassete Player (not CD). Hi-Fi sound.

Recently i bought full Harman Kardon kit for my cabrio (Wiring, speakers, amplifier, subwoofer). I want buy GA7150A. That's the question - Do I need a A0577 cable?

Thank you.

Last edited by Erabaxer; 05-09-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Erabaxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #34
206m3

My Ride: 2004 M3
I just purchased GA7150 and hooked it all up yesterday and was not able to get sound. Have anyone had this issue? Did I get a defective unit? Everything else seems to work except no sound. I found that the culprit is that the blue/white wire coming from the eonon unit is not outputting the necessary 12V to tell my amp to turn on. Reaching out for help as this unit is only a day old! I know I can bypass this wire, but it just doesn't make sense that the unit is not providing the signal that it expected to provide. Thanks.
206m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #35
EononCarDVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erabaxer View Post
Hi

E46 325 Cabrio (date of manufacture 2000).

In car set Audio Cassete Player (not CD). Hi-Fi sound.

Recently i bought full Harman Kardon kit for my cabrio (Wiring, speakers, amplifier, subwoofer). I want buy GA7150A. That's the question - Do I need a A0577 cable?

Thank you.
Hi Erabaxer, does your car doesn't have factory navigation, then you don't have to buy the A0577 cable, thanks!
Welcome to order our GA7150A here: http://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS...S/GA7150A.html
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 206m3 View Post
I just purchased GA7150 and hooked it all up yesterday and was not able to get sound. Have anyone had this issue? Did I get a defective unit? Everything else seems to work except no sound. I found that the culprit is that the blue/white wire coming from the eonon unit is not outputting the necessary 12V to tell my amp to turn on. Reaching out for help as this unit is only a day old! I know I can bypass this wire, but it just doesn't make sense that the unit is not providing the signal that it expected to provide. Thanks.
Hi 206m3, no worry wee will try our best to help. For your issue please kindly try as follows:
1. Turn up the volume to the loudest to have a try.
2. Check if it's the problem of your speakers.
3. Unplug the power cables and reconnect them to try.

If the problem still exists, please kindly PM us with your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, we will help you further, thanks!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:31 PM   #36
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i,05 745,03 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 206m3 View Post
I believe you may be using the wrong wire from the headunit. There is a solid blue and a blue/white and I think I remember others having the same issue because they are under the impression the blue and white wire is supposed to be the remote wire when it's not. Recheck the wiring and see if you have the correct wire for what you are trying to do. Good luck.
mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #37
206m3

Quote:
Hi Erabaxer, does your car doesn't have factory navigation, then you don't have to buy the A0577 cable, thanks!
Welcome to order our GA7150A here: http://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS...S/GA7150A.html
Thanks a lot!

Hi 206m3, no worry wee will try our best to help. For your issue please kindly try as follows:
1. Turn up the volume to the loudest to have a try.
2. Check if it's the problem of your speakers.
3. Unplug the power cables and reconnect them to try.

If the problem still exists, please kindly PM us with your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, we will help you further, thanks!
Will do. I will communicate with you via PM to keep this thread on topic. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #38
206m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
I believe you may be using the wrong wire from the headunit. There is a solid blue and a blue/white and I think I remember others having the same issue because they are under the impression the blue and white wire is supposed to be the remote wire when it's not. Recheck the wiring and see if you have the correct wire for what you are trying to do. Good luck.
Hi mjpgolf1. Thanks for your help, but I am not manually tapping any wires so it's not a mistake of any sort on my part. This blue/white wire I'm referring to is on eonon's wire harness adapter. I do know what you're eluding to though because I know others have mistaken the auto antenna (solid blue wire) for the remote wire which gives them sound when listening to radio but no sound in all other modes.

The blue/white wire on Eonon wire harness correlates to the "AMP-C" pin of the unit itself clearly marked on the exterior of the unit. I don't know what AMP-C means but the fact that Eonon's harness matches this wire with the white factory wire on the car leads me to believe it's the wire that remotely communicates with the factory amp to switch it on. This blue/white wire is not delivering necessary voltage and therefore the white factory remote wire is not receiving the voltage to deliver to the amp. I plugged the factory unit in and probed the white wire and got 11 volts from the factory unit on the same wire and the sound works like normal.

I manually provided the factory white (remote) wire with voltage and the speakers turn on and works normally with the Eonon unit but this is not an ideal "bandaid" fix for me especially on a 2-day old unit.

Thanks again for chiming in.

Last edited by 206m3; 05-09-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #39
206m3

Sorry that's my last comment here until we figure out solution and I will report back.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #40
dent

My Ride: BMW E46 320DAT
ehm, it says one 3g/usb input and one 2G/usb input, is it possible to use one for charging? Could you use a modem and charg a phone at the same time? Want to route a modem to the
Glove compartment, and a usb cable to the middle console for charging. Also does this unit support music over USB? Phones are starting to lose their 3.5mm output, and bluetooth is compressed. So usb would be a good choice.
dent is offline   Reply With Quote