COVID-19 The Corona Virus Thread - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2020, 11:00 AM   #61
MachRc
When Keepin' it real goes..

My Ride: 2009 E89 Z4 35i
lol all the asians get by on a bunch of bags of rice, fermented vegetables instant noodles and cans of spam

playing nintendo's sold out ring fit adventure, to stay fit in their homes.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/202...virus_outbreak

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1230637046915641344

Ring fit adventure isnt even released in china and yet its the most popular lol

edit:

La county has declared an local state of emergency with 6 new cases and now I can totally see schools being closed in the next month or so.

https://www.foxla.com/news/l-a-count...19-coronavirus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"This is ten percent luck.. Twenty percent skill.. Fifteen percent concentrated power of will. Five percent pleasure..
Fifty percent pain. And a hundred percent reason to remember the name...."

Last edited by MachRc; 03-04-2020 at 11:26 AM.
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:37 PM   #62
MachRc

leaked video of conditions in china, the person who filmed dead bodies, Fang Bin is taken away in the last segment and is never heard from again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"This is ten percent luck.. Twenty percent skill.. Fifteen percent concentrated power of will. Five percent pleasure..
Old 03-04-2020, 03:51 PM   #63
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
You're all a bunch of weebs.

THIS is the ultimate in ramen cuisine.

You know I'm right.

Last edited by SPDSKTR; 03-04-2020 at 03:51 PM.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:31 PM   #64
WDE46

My Ride: '13 128i STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
lol all the asians get by on a bunch of bags of rice, fermented vegetables instant noodles and cans of spam

playing nintendo's sold out ring fit adventure, to stay fit in their homes.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/202...virus_outbreak

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1230637046915641344

Ring fit adventure isnt even released in china and yet its the most popular lol

edit:

La county has declared an local state of emergency with 6 new cases and now I can totally see schools being closed in the next month or so.

https://www.foxla.com/news/l-a-count...19-coronavirus

Honestly a big bag of rice is a great buy. Does require heat but if the grid goes down, I'll probably just off myself so I don't have to live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. This does have me thinking about getting gas run to my range though. It sure is nice to be able to cook on a stove top in a power outage. I'm sure if I ever used it in that situation I'd consider it money well spent.

Last edited by WDE46; 03-04-2020 at 05:32 PM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:17 PM   #65
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Honestly a big bag of rice is a great buy. Does require heat but if the grid goes down, I'll probably just off myself so I don't have to live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. This does have me thinking about getting gas run to my range though. It sure is nice to be able to cook on a stove top in a power outage. I'm sure if I ever used it in that situation I'd consider it money well spent.
I buy 50# bags of Three Ladies Jasmine rice and keep it in 25# dog food containers.

https://www.vwasianfood.com/products...e-50-pound-bag

https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-Nesting-...03ZPH2XDGKYMKZ

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961

Last edited by Brucifer325; 03-04-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #66
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
You're all a bunch of weebs.

THIS is the ultimate in ramen cuisine.

You know I'm right.

You’re right. Just add hot water.

(I like the ones with the little shrimps :-)
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:42 AM   #67
TheRiddle
Sofa-king-what

My Ride: M52TUB28-Vert
Hi guys

I'm Italian and i'd love to explain some fact as in the last days I was following your election campaign and by the media i discovered that also USA is about to fell into a psychosis and everyone is looking at Italy as the land of doomed..

i've discovered that the same misleading informations spreaded into Italy by italian media, arrived in USA exactly as this virus..

Is true that Italy has many defects, but once in our story we've been able to accomplish a task immediately and in the proper way, we scanned everyone who felt ill and we immediately discovered some positive cases, which have been plaecd in quarantine to avoid the contagion.
contrary to what happens in the rest of Europe where these tests are not applied massively, where thermal scans are not carried out in airports, and where the thing is absurdly minimized or hidden under the carpet it is clear that the numbers are lower and less suspicious fate, but as you can notice (probably) in the last weeks the number of positive cases is growing also in other countries,day after day

but..

the problem is not the virus itself or the diffusion, it's just a "pumped" seasonal flu that in some cases (elderly ppl o ppl suffering from past ilnesses) became really dangerous,

all the dead people in italy are more or less the same people who would die from normal flu, all between 70 and 90 yo..but you know... Media tend to exagerate to gain share and they do not focus on the fact that the majority of the positive cases discovered (below that age) have already healed themselves and actually are living the same life as usual.
The problem in here is that also some politics looted on this so badly (we're under elections as you), pumping up this psychosis (in a week all the mall supermarket have been plundered, there's a case of a family that spent 4500€ in goods in one day,not even war had broken out).

the two main areas in which this virus is mosly located is up in the north, in 2 really small areas, but obviously the entire italy might be in the risk... that's why we applied strict regulations to contain the eventual transmission,
unfortunately we've something like 40k places for intensive care into the various hospitals, if there was no containment, the virus would risk needing at least ten times more than this number, thing that is impossible to manage, the healt service would collapse and there would be a real problem..

for the moment 50% of the italians (the ones that do not inform themselves via Fakebook and by the various talk shows) is absolutely astonished by how politics and media manage the entire fact, but we're proud of our healt service that is really doing a fantastic job providing even if the virologists have no clear idea on what to do without a vaccine except avoid any diffusion.

I've been ill twice this year, on dec and near valentine's day (this one was quite aggressive as i had high temperature and cough), I made a test and I resulted absolutely negative, and with me other 15 persons that showed flu symptoms, this means that not everyone that get ill is affected by COVID-19.
so technically there's not reason to be worried or at least not too much..

i don't want to discuss about the origin of this, about who get and will get ridiculous profit from this and then from the eventual cure,we'll never know the truth
i only know that this is not the first case of "pandemy warning" in the last 20 years, we survived to even more dangerous diseases, i juat want to let you know that Italy is ok as any onther nations in the world ( no wait.. Sirya is not ok)..

follow the guidelines, avoid the contact with elderly ppl or with the ones that already are into critical health conditions if you don't feel that ok, DO NOT FALL INTO PSYCHOSIS, and let's hope for a fast cure

...and come to Italy
TheRiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:26 PM   #68
MachRc

thank you TheRiddle, yes its a political weapon for sure.

all these declarations of emergency by the governor and mayor I feel are merely just announcements to the world that later down the line during a political debate, when the virus is weaponized to hurt candidates, they can say that they made this announcement early and swiftly and that with the announcement came measures and coordinations to save lives of hundreds of blah blah blah.

I am just glad that it is not deadly to children.

Ive just noticed to visit you and back 30 days out is under 400 roundtrip!

edit: holy crap I see some tickets for 269 for a round trip to italy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	italy.png
Views:	33
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	795109  

Last edited by MachRc; 03-05-2020 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:23 PM   #69
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
I'm under 70! Let's plan an OT Italy extravaganza!!
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 03:43 PM   #70
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Working on rescheduling a trip we had planned to Scotland the week of 3/14, not worried about getting sick or anything but worried about not being able to get home, told the wife I was perfectly fine with being stranded on Islay, she did not feel the same way.

bgsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:35 PM   #71
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Was at Costco today, they were fully stocked and everything was calm.

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist."
Stankia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:37 PM   #72
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Was at Costco today, they were fully stocked and everything was calm.
Same here. Although, when I went to get my background check for a firearm purchase yesterday the gun cases were bare.

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:32 PM   #73
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Stores looked robbed around here, people are nuts
Old 03-06-2020, 08:56 AM   #74
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
The idea of a "closed door" Olympics was possibly put on the table during committee talks. That'd be wild. I'm curious to see how the NCAA tourney gets handled in the coming weeks. New James Bond release date was pushed from April to November

Nothing in Idaho yet...stay safe out there peeps. Keep washing those hands.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:44 AM   #75
trizzuth

My Ride: Best M5 ever made
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Working on rescheduling a trip we had planned to Scotland the week of 3/14, not worried about getting sick or anything but worried about not being able to get home, told the wife I was perfectly fine with being stranded on Islay, she did not feel the same way.
Noooooooo! If it weren't for the sketchy people in your way to get there, I'd say the place itself would be a paradise, totally corona free!

Edit: That video MachRC posted up was f'n NUTS. Were there people in 8 body bags inside that van that were still moving around?!

I get what you're saying Mr Italy, but when you see a video like this that appears to be taken by a local, and the police clearly want to stop him doing that, it certainly looks NOTHING like a standard spreading flu!!!!

2003 BMW E39 M5 - Current!
2001 BMW 330i - Totaled at 236K :(
1996 Mitsubishi Galant S - gone at 121K
1993 Volvo 850 GLT - gone at 89K
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K

Last edited by trizzuth; 03-06-2020 at 09:47 AM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #76
trizzuth

My Ride: Best M5 ever made
Mr Italy, it could also be due to the fact that as far as the entire world goes, your country has the most deaths thus far related to the virus, behind China:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

2003 BMW E39 M5 - Current!
2001 BMW 330i - Totaled at 236K :(
1996 Mitsubishi Galant S - gone at 121K
1993 Volvo 850 GLT - gone at 89K
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K

trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:04 AM   #77
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Noooooooo! If it weren't for the sketchy people in your way to get there, I'd say the place itself would be a paradise, totally corona free!

Edit: That video MachRC posted up was f'n NUTS. Were there people in 8 body bags inside that van that were still moving around?!

I get what you're saying Mr Italy, but when you see a video like this that appears to be taken by a local, and the police clearly want to stop him doing that, it certainly looks NOTHING like a standard spreading flu!!!!
Yeah the issue is getting home, I have no issues with it but I guess we should probably be able to get home to our kids and jobs.

Old 03-06-2020, 11:55 AM   #78
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Per NBC news HHS estimate mortality rate 0.1% to 1.0%
Old 03-06-2020, 12:19 PM   #79
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Just picked up some mega cheap flights to Florida in the coming weeks. Thank you, covid19

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:34 PM   #80
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Per NBC news HHS estimate mortality rate 0.1% to 1.0%
Cool story, I am sure they didn't cherry pick those stats from the most favorable situation.

How about this, the mortality rate in CA and WA is currently 11.76%