E46 Fanatics Forum banner

M3 Yaw Rate Sensor Questions

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Cayne23 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 e46 M3 convertible.

My dreaded DSC error lights came on, I checked speed sensors, replaced steering angle sensor and then replace the YAW sensor, no luck. Im at the dealer and getting a different story from what is discussed on the forums.

On all my research across multiple forums, the YAW rate sensor is located on the driver side floor under the seat and is part number 34526754289. I replaced that unit with another of the same part number.

I looked up the part number on RealOEM and it shows that it was only used on the e36 vehicle, and that it was superceded by 34526864094.

When I look this last part up it shows that it is located on the DSC pressure module in the engine bay (not under the seat). http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=BR93-USA-05_2000_E46_BMW_M3&diagId=34_1131#34526864094

So my question is, where is it? or does the car have two of them? Should I try replace the driver seat unit with one of the new part number?

Thanks

- Matt

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.