ChrisRedmons Health/Fitness Journal - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
ChrisRedmons Health/Fitness Journal

Hello all, this will be my first post/thread in this subforum. Have been pretty much inactive on this forum as a whole for quite some time...

Since 9th grade I have been taking weight training, however up until recently I never truly took it seriously (now 23). I have always been a pretty skinny guy. I'm 6' 0" and average around 143lbs. Lately I acknowledged that I wasn't going to truly be gaining any mass without eating more. So I have stepped up my eating considerably. Other than that, I do not take ANY supplements, other than 1 scoop of whey protein powder after my nightly workout. I also do not take pre-workout. I cant imagine that **** is good for you, nor do I want to become reliant on that for my motivation. Going on this health kick has also helped me quit smoking. A habit I have harbored for over 7 years. Without nicotine for 3 months now.... Between working out, eating well and not smoking I feel fantastic.

I now weigh almost 155lbs. Something i have long strived for, I cannot stress enough how difficult it is for me to put on weight.

Now, I am making HUGE strides in overall strength. I maxed out on flat bench 2 days ago at 225lb. My question to this community is what more can I do to build shape in my upper chest? I am religious with my chest days (monday) comprised of decline, flat and incline. With quite a few misc exercises afterwards targeting my upper chest with not much improvement.... Other than that I am looking to spice things up a bit with new meal plans and workouts. Also looking for some information on supplements and if i should really be taking any.

This past summer - little to no INTENSE physical activity. 140ish lbs (only recent picture i have

Last week with a little pump 154-155 lbs

Any help/criticism would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to using this site as an information hub/progress tracking tool!
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

ChrisRedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #2
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
You're putting up plenty of weight (I'd be happy with a 225 BB bench myself). IMHO - Up your food intake (track it) and increase your frequency targeting chest if you want it to grow. 1x / week isn't going to get you the results you want.

Good job putting on what you have so far.....and for losing that horrendous wifebeater tan
Old 12-04-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
Hahaha thanks a lot man. And yea the sun burn was bad! I was only in my car too!

I will step up the benching routine to twice a week. I've already been eating like 1.5x what I usually do. I'm not sure I can do much more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

ChrisRedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #4
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
Track your food in myfitnesspal. There are a lot of guys who have to gag down the food to meet their targets....sounds miserable, but they do it.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #5
bAby norAA

My Ride: 01 BMW 330i
Don't worry about building your chest and just work on gaining overall size. Your chest will fill out. You can't add 2" to your chest if you aren't gaining weight. Eat more food, you are in no danger of putting on too much fat

| VF Supercharged Stage 1.5| Southbend Stage 2 Clutch | ZHP Cams | Technik Headers |
bAby norAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:20 AM   #6
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRedmon View Post

I now weigh almost 155lbs. Something i have long strived for, I cannot stress enough how difficult it is for me to put on weight.

I was in the same situation. I started lifting when I was 15 (now 36) and could not gain any weight. I'd add 2-3lbs at most then immediately lose it. This went on until I was 23 and finally got serious about eating.

Eating a surplus of calories is going to have to consume you. From the minute you wake, until you go to bed, EAT! I would even get up in the middle of the night and get a meal in. 3000 calories a day wasn't enough for me. 4000 wasn't enough. I had to get in 6000 calories a day, every day, 365 days a year to get results. Keep in mind, I started out at 135lbs. So you can imagine how fast my metabolism is. The results were this: I went from 135 to 210ish in a little over 2 years. No BS steroids, no supplements..

So, EAT! Get your sleep, get your macros, and don't worry about gaining fat. You're going to gain fat unless you decide to gain weight unnaturally with steroids.
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #7
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Good progression. Keep up the good work.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote