Quarter million mile check in - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
BullCityBimmer

My Ride: 1998 323i
Quarter million mile check in

HEY YALL

It came sooner than we expected (thatís what she said). Although Iím not quite there yet, Iím <600 miles away from clocking in over 250k miles and just in time for her 20th birthday. Yes, the door frame has a 12/98 stamp on it making this its twentieth year on the road averaging 12.5k miles per year thatís at least 1000 miles per month!!

Iím not here to brag so Iíll get right to it. I might not have payed enough attention to my ride as I should have. I discovered a slow leak in the radiator and had the fuel pump fail completely all of which could have easily been avoided as these are known failure prone parts now I keep an excel sheet on my service intervals for all wear items including all cooling system components ect.

My next two major projects for this guy include replacing the original clutch and timing chain components. Unfortunately these are both extremely involved and time consuming and expensive and it will probably ruin my back and I might cry once or twice. As the car will hopefully be seeing some more ďtrack timeĒ in the near future, I want to to be as prepared as possible.

I havenít seen anyone on here yet to have replaced his timing chain, guides, tensioners, cam sprockets ect as preventative maintenance but I donít see why not? Let me know what yíall think. Iíd like to know if kburgers timing chain is the original

Some smaller things that will receive attention:
Wheels bearings
(Maybe ball joints)
Struts
Shocks
Rear brake job
Rear subframe bushing/diff bushings

The previous owner hit a curb and deformed one of the strut towers. I will be doing a diy on making it true again in order to make replacing the hats/camber plates easier. It isnít major, but enough for my strut brace to not want to fit correctly or sit flush with the top of the tower.

Hope yíall enjoy whatís to come! I promise to make it entertaining

BULL
BullCityBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:53 PM   #2
BullCityBimmer

My Ride: 1998 323i
Wrong sub forum

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
BullCityBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote