Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism 101 - Page 10 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2019, 06:54 AM   #181
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
__________________
Whataboutism is a moral necessity, because it disarms the hypocrisy the left wields like a battle axe by illustrating the undeniable truth.
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:47 PM   #182
Stankia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Anywhere in an hour
Posts: 63
My Ride: Germans
Ever heard of expats?
__________________
For The Many, Not The Few
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #183
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Ever heard of expats?
I know several, thanks for the non sequitur
__________________
Whataboutism is a moral necessity, because it disarms the hypocrisy the left wields like a battle axe by illustrating the undeniable truth.
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:59 PM   #184
Stankia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Anywhere in an hour
Posts: 63
My Ride: Germans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I know several, thanks for the non sequitur
So what's your point then?
__________________
For The Many, Not The Few
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #185
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
So what's your point then?
Well first we should acknowledge that you are seemingly unable to discern the difference between a friend deciding to live in London and someone literally fleeing Cuba. We should probably address that first.

Leaving =/= Fleeing

__________________
Whataboutism is a moral necessity, because it disarms the hypocrisy the left wields like a battle axe by illustrating the undeniable truth.
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:20 PM   #186
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 142
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Well that explains our border crises of the "caravans" of Nordics escaping their SOCIALIST hell-holes. Guess they find all their top-of-the-list quality of life, happiness, healthiness, etc., ratings intolerable.

Let's wall off the Atlantic seaboard, beautifully of course, to keep those miserable blue-eyed hoards away and send the bill to Sweden, Norway, Denmark. Maybe lock their children up in wire pens to drive home the cruelty point.

Last edited by Rhumb; 04-04-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #187
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 142
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Ever heard of expats?
Tom Brady haters?

Sorry, couldn't help it, and I have a cousin and uncle named Tom Brady
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:10 PM   #188
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 12,055
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Well first we should acknowledge that you are seemingly unable to discern the difference between a friend deciding to live in London and someone literally fleeing Cuba. We should probably address that first.

Leaving =/= Fleeing

But if we're focusing on the word "fleeing," then the whole argument falls apart, because nobody has to flee the US (or other free, capitalist country) unless that person is some sort of criminal. Nobody flees the US because we're happy to let people go where they want, when they want, as long as they're in compliance with US law.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:00 PM   #189
Stankia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Anywhere in an hour
Posts: 63
My Ride: Germans
What does fleeing a war ravaged country has anything to do with Capitalism? There are numerous instances throughout history where countries with free markets had events that lead people to flee their country. The US is lucky with its geographic location and military might to not have gone through this, but then again our history is still rather short...
__________________
For The Many, Not The Few

Last edited by Stankia; 04-04-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:04 PM   #190
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
But if we're focusing on the word "fleeing," then the whole argument falls apart, because nobody has to flee the US (or other free, capitalist country) unless that person is some sort of criminal. Nobody flees the US because we're happy to let people go where they want, when they want, as long as they're in compliance with US law.
No one ever has to flee a capitalist society, because you can come and go as you please. Socialist/communists need you to stay or else it falls apart.
__________________
Whataboutism is a moral necessity, because it disarms the hypocrisy the left wields like a battle axe by illustrating the undeniable truth.
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:56 PM   #191
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 12,055
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
So that meme is sort of disingenuous. It's like saying that nobody flees a pool party. Sure, but kind of beside the point.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:16 PM   #192
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
So that meme is sort of disingenuous. It's like saying that nobody flees a pool party. Sure, but kind of beside the point.
I donít see the disconnect. No one flees capitalism, people flee socialism. Period.
__________________
Whataboutism is a moral necessity, because it disarms the hypocrisy the left wields like a battle axe by illustrating the undeniable truth.
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #193
Xcelratr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cal - 310
Posts: 991
My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I donít see the disconnect. No one flees capitalism, people flee socialism. Period.
Victor Norris Hamilton
Edward Lee Howard
William Hamilton Martin
Bernon F. Mitchell
Glenn Michael Souther
Joel Barr
Morris and Lona Cohen
Bill Haywood
George Koval
Arnold Lockshin

Period?
__________________
----------------------------------------------
Quote:
We will not tolerate intolerance.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #194
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 12,055
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I donít see the disconnect. No one flees capitalism, people flee socialism. Period.
I only took issue with the term "flee," which you had called out as central earlier.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:45 AM   #195
Black///M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 58
My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
semantics. What is fleeing? Is it jumping in the ocean in an inner tube with countless patches to brave the water, sharks, and weather trying to reach the US from Cuba? Or, is it braving the arid desert with a great chance of death, rape, or imprisonment trying to cross the southern border? That is not the same as packing your belongings and send them to your next destination while you travel thru airplane or car and coordinating with a real estate agent for a rental property.
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:55 PM   #196
Stankia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Anywhere in an hour
Posts: 63
My Ride: Germans


The god damn socialists are winning
__________________
For The Many, Not The Few
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #197
ed17331
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 21
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post


The god damn socialists are winning


Looks like Vienna is the place to be!
(according to this data)
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #198
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
This didn't age well

__________________
Whataboutism is a moral necessity, because it disarms the hypocrisy the left wields like a battle axe by illustrating the undeniable truth.
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #199
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
This didnít age well

__________________
Whataboutism is a moral necessity, because it disarms the hypocrisy the left wields like a battle axe by illustrating the undeniable truth.
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:30 PM   #200
Stankia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Anywhere in an hour
Posts: 63
My Ride: Germans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
Looks like Vienna is the place to be!
(according to this data)
I picked Munich because of bigger industry but Vienna is also nice. Also Autobahns.
__________________
For The Many, Not The Few

Last edited by Stankia; 05-25-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.