E46 318Ci "Budgetstein" - BBS RS Update - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
CrazyTo

My Ride: E46 318Ci
Year: 2000
Model: Coupe
Transmission: Manual
E46 318Ci "Budgetstein" - BBS RS Update

Hello Fanatics!

My name is Angel, 22 yrs. old from East side of Europe. 1st I apologize about my bad english, it`s not my best..

Little story for begin. When i was little kid, i always dream to have a BMW, but my first car was Peugeot 306. It was totally stock, untill 1 day i found car sociaty and start going to meets. Drive it for 4 years, and sell it. This is before/after shot.

After 2 mounths of waiting for the "perfect" car for my budget (thats why its 'Budgetstein", because everything is on low budget, and its rolling on billstein ), my eyes were stopping at the E46 coupe versions. Thinking what engine to be, because at my country taxes for 150+hp engines are big, and i am a student,... yes.. So i buy this car. Its BMW E46 318 M43 Coupe, Topaz blue, with 18s (style 72) and 16s (style 45) with winter tyres. Interior is semi-leather, with rear sunshader, and thats all.

It doesnt take so much tame, an i started to modify it. First change was the steering wheel. M-technik wheel with multifunction. Connect the multifunction to work, because originally my car hasnt. Get CD Siemens with aux, but doesnt have a pic. Used NCS Expert to do some coding, like US style indicators, follow me home, double impulse hazards.

I was really disappointed from the original "sport suspension setup". It needs change at soon as possible (i miss my peugeot handling), and star searching for suspension. I get Billstein B6 shocks and Vogtland springs for verry cheap, it was like gift, and i take it.

The new hight.

A few mounts later and listening to radio (dont like aux cables at all), i was confused to get a cd changer or digital thing (like yatour) to read usb. But decide to save some money for multimedia or navi. I get new chinise Android 7.1 Multimedia, mount it, also have a rear view camera that i like a lot. Bluetooth, reverse cam, canbus, 2x usb ports... Maybe my expensive thing from the car. Get facelift HVAC control for FREE (i like gifts). Made grill black (dont have pics). This is the car at that moment.

I hope that someday this car will be something better. Hope you like it. I will update the thread with in time.

See you soon!

Last edited by CrazyTo; 03-26-2019 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Pic size changing.
CrazyTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
dddutch

My Ride: Looking for a wagon
Nice work. Looking good!
dddutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:50 AM   #3
JohnnyAndrews

My Ride: 99' BMW 323i
Very nice!
JohnnyAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #4
modjo

My Ride: 330XI
Keep update
modjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:59 AM   #5
CrazyTo

There`s nothing much happend. Its winter, cold, ice, snow, taxes, mot and etc. Just driving it.
I put the winter tyres on.

And made a cold start video. No one believe that its 4 cylinder car .

Thats for now. See you soon!
Old 12-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
modjo

My Ride: 330XI
You have got VAZ still. Surprise.
modjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #7
CrazyTo

Happy holydays guys!

Old 03-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #8
CrazyTo

Hi! There isn`t much as progress, cuz money issues. Damn university years.
Soo what happend till now? Absolutly nothing.
I`ve done a SAP delete, without CEL, because i`m with EU3 softwere (cuz i`m in Europe), and no one give a damn about the pollution here on our MOT check.

A friend have some CSL rep. wheels for sale, so i tested them. 8x19, ET34, but i think they are big too much for the car.

I found the perfect type of wheel that meets my requirements. That is my new inspiration (i dont own the rights for this picture ).

So whats the next step? To buy a BBS rep. wheels, cuz they are on my budget.
After some time of searching for wheels that arent 2 salaries, i found this. BBS RS Rep, 8,5/9,5x18, ET35, 2x225/40/18, 2x225/45/18, not so good condition, for polish and paint, without hub caps, but hey... they are mine now.

Test fitted them, and i get surprise.. I need a spacer, more low and.. idk what. They arent fit like i imagine.

That is for now! Hope soon to make the wheels and put them.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:08 AM   #9
CrazyTo

Wheels in place

Hi! I see no one have interest `bout this thread, maybe cuz its 318
. These days done a lot of work with the wheels. I`ve polished the lips, paint the centers. It took me a lot days of work, its been a lot of mess but it worth it!

I dont have a machine to polish them, so i do it on the car.

Painted n polished

Finally on the car. They are with a little bit bigger tyres F:225/40 R:225/45. I`m thinking about 235-245/40 at the rear, but for now will drive with them.

IMO they give the car a sportish look /only visual... its 318 / .

At the last picture is with 5mm spacers front and back.

Thats for now. See you soon!

Last edited by CrazyTo; 03-26-2019 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:36 AM   #10
Antti

My Ride: 330CI / 316 1.8i
Year: 2005
Model: 330CI M-Sport II
Transmission: Automatic
Nice wheels! How is it to drive with those tyres?
Did you protect polished lips with ceramic coat or something?
Antti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #11
23baseball3

My Ride: Helga
Year: 2003
Model: 325xiT
Transmission: Auto
Your new stance is perfect! It's really cool to see the quick evolution from when you got it to where it is now.
23baseball3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:52 PM   #12
jaga

My Ride: 2002 325i
Year: 2002
Model: 325i
great work!!! i really like how your car looks with those wheels!
Old 03-28-2019, 01:50 AM   #13
CrazyTo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antti View Post
Nice wheels! How is it to drive with those tyres?
Did you protect polished lips with ceramic coat or something?
Thanks! Its hard ride, specially with the billsteins. Its like "bushing destroyer" sort of driving.
For the lips, no. Havent protect them. Only with hard wax, but i think its not protected. I dont wash the car with havy chemicals or touchless products, so i think it will last a little bit longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23baseball3 View Post
Your new stance is perfect! It's really cool to see the quick evolution from when you got it to where it is now.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga View Post
great work!!! i really like how your car looks with those wheels!
Thanks to u too.

Some sort of update:
One day long time ago i saw an e46 with all red taillights. Guess what happend. Before:

After:

And on the car /Sorry for the dirtyness, its raining these days/.

Last edited by CrazyTo; 03-28-2019 at 04:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:43 PM   #14
CrazyTo

Update time.

There isnt anything major happening, because i`m saving money for oil, filters etc. Only tinted the front windows 50%, but doesnt have pics. 4-5 days ago i decide to clean the interior of the car (sort of), because it wasnt deep clean before winter.

Moved to the boot. This was the most statisfying part of the whole car. Everything was so messed up. Start with removing everything (almost)

There was a lot of stuffs.

Vacuum inside, wash the boot with some water, dry it (dont have pic). Clean the spare tyre, wax it with turrtle wax and tyre shine.

Also clean and wax this plastic thing (idk whats it called)

Wipe the warning triangle.

Wash the whole toolkit... i have only wrench and a hook. Back in the days i had a black screwdriver, but somebody stole it

Organize the organizer

Everything is in place.

On drive to home (i was on my village) the rear of the car start to wiggle.. Guess what. I had to dirty the clean spare tyre.

At the tyre shop

And back to home.

Today buy inside boot open switch with the connector, for verry low price (5 BGN, ~3 USD), it was like new.

Little bit later

I`m happy how easy was to do this.

When dissasemble the plastics, i was thinking to retrofit some footwell lights, because my car doesnt have light package. We will see.

For end of the post, i will show you 2 pictures, made from my friend.

comments and critics are welcome.
See you soon!
Old 06-15-2019, 06:28 AM   #15
CrazyTo

Quick update for the thread that have no interest.

Its maintenance time! Oil, filters, belts.. lot of things.

It been plasure to work and change everything within 10 mins. cuz its 4 cylinder.

Done the RTAB job also. It been not so hard, but took me a lot of time. Ive choose to go with poly bushes, cuz the roads here are bad, must be strong, and they are cheaper and easyer to instal than normal bushes. Also done an alignment.

Quick diagnostic with inpa, delelte all faults (there was 1), but found something that i didnt like.

Load mg/As/Zyl: !99.00 (normal from 1 - 7 )
Pulse duty factor i.s. controler 1: !37.52 (normal from -10 to +10)
And cylinder rough (normal from 0 to 4)
Cylinder 1 [1/sl]: 1.95
Cylinder 2 [1/sl]: 0.93
Cylinder 3 [1/sl]: 0.48
Cylinder 4 [1/sl]: 0.62

At cold engine the car is playing at the rev range about +/- 80-100rpm

I was thinking its a vacuum leak, so.. its disassemble time.

But everything is good. Clean the MAF sensor, throttle body, no hose are broke, disa valve is in good condition and works best, all manifold gaskets are perfect. What cause that problem with engine shakes and rev play? Help please!

Its remap time!! One friend had Kess V2, and made me a softwere for free. Now the car is a little bit faster... little bit (1.9 118hp)

When i retrofit the boot button, i was thinking to retrofit a footwell lights. So they were on the way! Installed them, it was quick job.

This is a picture of mine wiring loom after the things that i was retrofited. I like everything to be organized and run into the original wires.

Thats for now. Soon must change rear hub bearing, because its start to squeek from time to time, and change upper rear trailing arm bushings. End this post with 2 pictures with my friends E36.

Greetings!
Old 06-15-2019, 07:30 AM   #16
jaga

Your progress is amazing. When you retrofitted the boot switch, did you install the complete wire? Was it difficult? Is there any DIY that you followed? It looks nice. My car does not have it either.

Sent from my SM-A310M using E46Fanatics mobile app
Old 06-15-2019, 07:39 AM   #17
CrazyTo

jaga: Its 3 wire job. 1 - illumination, goes to LSZ, 2 - Ground, 3 - To GM5 module.
There is a DIY in the forum. Link: https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=579839
Old 06-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #18
jaga

AwesomeĦĦĦĦ i will take a look. If i have any issue i will ask you. Thanks for sharing. I love the front look of your car. Mine has the facelift design which i also like but i am thinking that the pre face looks better. Great motoringĦĦ cheers.

Sent from my SM-A310M using E46Fanatics mobile app
Old 06-17-2019, 02:33 AM   #19
Antti

My Ride: 330CI / 316 1.8i
Year: 2005
Model: 330CI M-Sport II
Would you like to provide more details about that boot switch, was that original option from BMW?
Good progress and maintenance is essential, good work there!

Last edited by Antti; 06-17-2019 at 02:34 AM.
Antti is offline   Reply With Quote