[MS4X] Siemens MS43 Community Patchlist for Tuner Pro - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2019, 01:36 PM   #21
danius375
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22
My Ride: BMW 330ci (E46)
So tried it all again today, and still can't get it to work. Tried many different ways. 0x1720 contains "3D 08".
Could anyone who managed to get the 430069 working, share their full flash? Can't get my head round it.
danius375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #22
clouro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 7
My Ride: 2002 325ci
Year: 2002
Model: BMW E46 325ci
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Hi MS4X dev team! Thank you for your hard work on this!

I need your help… I tried to use the MS430069 version on my 2002 325ci but the car will now crank but not start. It worked fine with the MS430056 files I was using previously (supplied by you - thanks). I flashed back to the “old version - 56” files and it runs fine.

What I did:
1-From MS4x.net I downloaded (i) the MS430069 US 512kb BIN file for the M54B25; the (ii) the new XDF for the 64kb file; (iii) the Community Patch.
2-On TunerPro I opened the Community Patchlist as the XDF, and opened the full 512kb BIN. I then enabled the EWS delete and LC, saved the file and closed the program. I opened the program again and verified that changes were saved properly. [PATCH] Immobilizer Bypass and [PATCH] Clear Immobilizer Data show up as
"Patched".
3-I then used Chipster MSS5x Flasher to write the full file on my MS43. The car now cranks but does not start. Additionally, when I turn the key to “Ignition On” I can hear the fuel pump running (as it should), but sometimes it will run intermittently, turning on and off. It does not do this with the previous software version (just turns on normally). I read a 64kb file from the ECU and it correctly shows software version MS430069.

I also noticed that under Parameter Summary, the LC shows up as “Indeterminate”. Under the Current Data State for the LC it states: "Indeterminate: data does not match". Could this be the issue? Please help. Is there anything else that I need to do to make the car start? Do I need to do anything on INPA, or since I am deleting EWS this would not be necessary?

I uploaded a screenshot in case it helps.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TunerPro-MS430069.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	777365  

Last edited by clouro; 06-13-2019 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo and added screenshot
clouro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:09 PM   #23
d_cleverzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 418
My Ride: Manual 2001 330ci
Year: 2001
Model: 330CI
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouro View Post
Hi MS4X dev team! Thank you for your hard work on this!



I need your help… I tried to use the MS430069 version on my 2002 325ci but the car will now crank but not start. It worked fine with the MS430056 files I was using previously (supplied by you - thanks). I flashed back to the “old version - 56” files and it runs fine.



What I did:

1-From MS4x.net I downloaded (i) the MS430069 US 512kb BIN file for the M54B25; the (ii) the new XDF for the 64kb file; (iii) the Community Patch.

2-On TunerPro I opened the Community Patchlist as the XDF, and opened the full 512kb BIN. I then enabled the EWS delete and LC, saved the file and closed the program. I opened the program again and verified that changes were saved properly. [PATCH] Immobilizer Bypass and [PATCH] Clear Immobilizer Data show up as

Patched".

3-I then used Chipster MSS5x Flasher to write the full file on my MS43. The car now cranks but does not start. Additionally, when I turn the key to “Ignition On” I can hear the fuel pump running (as it should), but sometimes it will run intermittently, turning on and off. It does not do this with the previous software version (just turns on normally). I read a 64kb file from the ECU and it correctly shows software version MS430069.



I also noticed that under Parameter Summary, the LC shows up as “Indeterminate”. Under the Current Data State for the LC it states: "Indeterminate: data does not match". Could this be the issue? Please help. Is there anything else that I need to do to make the car start? Do I need to do anything on INPA, or since I am deleting EWS this would not be necessary?



Thanks in advance!


I haven’t attempted the switch yet. But sda2 mentioned a possible issue with launch control in his last post. Redo it with just the EWS delete and try again ? Let us know




Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________
IN SEARCH OF
CONVERTIBLE INTERIOR CARBON FIBER OR PIANO BLACK TRIM
ORIENT BLUE M3 VERT FRONT BUMPER
ORIENT BLUE VERT PRE-FACELIFT FRONT FENDERS
d_cleverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:57 PM   #24
clouro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 7
My Ride: 2002 325ci
Year: 2002
Model: BMW E46 325ci
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cleverzz View Post
I haven’t attempted the switch yet. But sda2 mentioned a possible issue with launch control in his last post. Redo it with just the EWS delete and try again ? Let us know




Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Thanks for the quick reply! I just tried writing the 512kb BIN file with the EWS Patches but without the LC Patch and the car will still crank but not start.
clouro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:00 PM   #25
d_cleverzz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 418
My Ride: Manual 2001 330ci
Year: 2001
Model: 330CI
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouro View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! I just tried writing the 512kb BIN file with the EWS Patches but without the LC Patch and the car will still crank but not start.


I would try a bootmode flash with the virginized versions off the wiki first. Sync EWS with INPA, and see if it runs.
Then do a full read, EWS delete patch using the patch list. And then a regular full write. And see what happens. Just throwing out some possible alternatives.




Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________
IN SEARCH OF
CONVERTIBLE INTERIOR CARBON FIBER OR PIANO BLACK TRIM
ORIENT BLUE M3 VERT FRONT BUMPER
ORIENT BLUE VERT PRE-FACELIFT FRONT FENDERS
d_cleverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #26
danius375
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22
My Ride: BMW 330ci (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cleverzz View Post

I would try a bootmode flash with the virginized versions off the wiki first. Sync EWS with INPA, and see if it runs.
Then do a full read, EWS delete patch using the patch list. And then a regular full write. And see what happens. Just throwing out some possible alternatives.
Done all of this, but still no luck. I just don't understand how some people have managed to get it to work. ***x1f604;
danius375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #27
hvaycrgo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3
Finally got it to crank up

Quote:
Originally Posted by danius375 View Post
Done all of this, but still no luck. I just don't understand how some people have managed to get it to work. ***x1f604;
What they are saying is totally correct and true.. I was just as confused as you until I just spent the last 16hrs flashing repeatedly different BINs of virginized 0056, ews delete 0056, virginized 0069, and ews delete + checksum delete 0069.. let me clear the confusion of the past few responses about the "no-start" issue.

I have a matching set of EWS + keys but not the DME.

1) I used the BMW to VIN program (which i lazily paid about $4 for online bc i could not find in a timely fashion) to convert my VIN.. plugged it into the v0056 Virgin file @ 0x3c40 and flashed with JMGF.. the file already has ISN 'FF'ed.' All is well, the EWS syncs, and car starts.

2) Then I used the v0069 XDF to copy over my previous tune from v0056. Plugged in the newly converted matching VIN into the UIF with the Patchlist XDF.. also left checksum + ews NOT PATCHED.. flashed with MSS5X flasher.. and what'd you know no hot temp gauge.. fuel pump on AND throttle body click.. synced with EWS and it was accepted and understood. Reset adapations and it fired right up. v0069.

Thanks MS4X Dev.

Last edited by hvaycrgo; 06-15-2019 at 04:51 PM.
hvaycrgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:44 AM   #28
stefm5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Greece
Posts: 362
My Ride: 2001 530i
today i had the time to try for first time to flash e39 ms430069 version. i opened the binary in tuner pro, patched maf hack, ds2 logging and cluster mod. flashed with chipster in fast mode.
boom it works.
stefm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:23 AM   #29
sda2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 438
My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouro View Post
I also noticed that under Parameter Summary, the LC shows up as “Indeterminate”. Under the Current Data State for the LC it states: "Indeterminate: data does not match". Could this be the issue? Please help. Is there anything else that I need to do to make the car start? Do I need to do anything on INPA, or since I am deleting EWS this would not be necessary?
You dont have to mess with INPA when you disable the EWS check, no.

Indeterminate data occours when you change the default settings of configurable patches. The next version will exclude the configuration data into a "restore defaults" patch then this will be clearer.


There are two possible reasons for the LC patch to fail. 1) the used bitfield FD02 is part of the ECU selfcheck and the LC feature kills it. 2) The variables used for LC are located inside the monitoring calibration area.

I already moved them to another location, but then I get the same issues like you guys. The next task is to move the bitfield to another free one.
__________________
..:: Visit MS4X.net - the ultimate Siemens MS wiki ::..
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #30
danius375
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22
My Ride: BMW 330ci (E46)
Finally got it working. Found my factory 512kb file that came with my car, flashed it using JMGarage to get the ECU back to stock, then flashed the modified MS430069 file using MSS5x Flasher. I did this before, but in SLOW Flashing mode. Tried the FAST Flashing mode today and car started right away and Launch Control works too! Removed my cats and now waiting for spark cut to be released.
danius375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #31
hvaycrgo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by danius375 View Post
Finally got it working. Found my factory 512kb file that came with my car, flashed it using JMGarage to get the ECU back to stock, then flashed the modified MS430069 file using MSS5x Flasher. I did this before, but in SLOW Flashing mode. Tried the FAST Flashing mode today and car started right away and Launch Control works too! Removed my cats and now waiting for spark cut to be released.
Lucky... every time I try flashing in Fast mode it hangs and never finishes. That’s 2 different DMEs I’ve tried and same result, I’m guessing it’s my cable though.
hvaycrgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:44 PM   #32
danius375
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 22
My Ride: BMW 330ci (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaycrgo View Post

Lucky... every time I try flashing in Fast mode it hangs and never finishes. That's 2 different DMEs I've tried and same result, I'm guessing it's my cable though.
Try changing the latency in port settings to 1.
danius375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:33 AM   #33
thecos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 320
My Ride: 2002 325i Sedan
Posting my experience in case it helps someone else. TLR Got it working by doing pretty much what user danius375 did above, so thanks for posting.

I have a 325i with an M3 cluster swap so I was interested in installing the latest software and patching the M3 Cluster code. I downloaded the full 512kb virgin Siemens_MS43_MS430069 file for my engine from the MS43wiki site and used TunerPro to apply the M3 Cluster patch. I also changed my VIN and ISN to match my original and corrected checksums with the tool provided on MS43Wiki. I usually flash with JMGarage so that's what I did. When I installed the ECU the temp gauge went to the red. Usually happens if the checksums aren't right or flash is bad in some other way. I then flashed the virgin file with no patch, just changed VIN and ISN. Same result. I read on here that people were having success with the Chipster software from MS43wiki so I decided to try it. It would not connect to the ECU after the latest flash with JMGarage so I used JMGarage to flash a copy of my original software. After that Chipster saw the ECU and I was able to write the my MS430069 full file (that I had tried to flash with JMGarage). This time around it worked and the M3 cluster leds turned on. I sync'd the EWS and the car started. Another positive is that this latest file displays the car's VIN via OBDII (a problem with the previous EWS delete file). Great work guys. My M3 Cluster works 100% now. Thanks!

Any ideas on why this file doesn't work with JMGarage flashed in bootmode?

Last edited by thecos; 06-26-2019 at 09:37 AM.
thecos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:50 PM   #34
clouro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 7
My Ride: 2002 325ci
Year: 2002
Model: BMW E46 325ci
Transmission: 5-speed manual
I was still not able to get software version 69 (US) to run on my car (2002 E46 325ci). I have tried using the files with and without the EWS, and LC patches. With software version 69, when I turn the ignition on, I can hear the fuel pump running and the throttle body clicking several times. The car then cranks but does not start. As before, re-writing the 56 version works fine and the car starts right up.
I use a second ECU (not the car's original MS43 - I keep that one as back up), so writing the original 512kb file onto it is not a possibility (bought the ECU at a junkyard). I tried loading the 56 EWS delete files on it (which works perfectly) and then writing the 69 version, but that also did not work. Again, it works fine with the 56 version.
Any insight on what I should do?
clouro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:18 PM   #35
hvaycrgo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by danius375 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaycrgo View Post

Lucky... every time I try flashing in Fast mode it hangs and never finishes. That's 2 different DMEs I've tried and same result, I'm guessing it's my cable though.
Try changing the latency in port settings to 1.
I have tried it all 16 to 1 to 16ms again. (went back to 1 though)
I even seen something on the forums about the timeout settings (no difference).. i'll upgrade to a newer cable sometime soon but heck it just keeps working.. only cost me $20 from Amazon. i like the newer cables with the new chips and switches
hvaycrgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #36
armenh7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: California
Posts: 8,549
My Ride: 2002 325i
I swapped my engine to a B30 so I was able to try out the B30 file. still cranks but doesn't start. I flashed my original DME with it so EWS shouldn't be an issue. I did also select EWS delete in the patch. I corrected checksums with ultimo and flashed using the Siemens flash tool. Any ideas as to what it could be?
__________________
armenh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:26 PM   #37
sda2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 438
My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
Do I have you on Facebook armenh7? I created two new solutions, maybe you can test them?

Launch Control might be fixed with that as well.
__________________
..:: Visit MS4X.net - the ultimate Siemens MS wiki ::..
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:27 PM   #38
armenh7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: California
Posts: 8,549
My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sda2 View Post
Do I have you on Facebook armenh7? I created two new solutions, maybe you can test them?

Launch Control might be fixed with that as well.
I sent you a friend request
Armen Hovh
armenh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:15 AM   #39
clouro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 7
My Ride: 2002 325ci
Year: 2002
Model: BMW E46 325ci
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by sda2 View Post
Do I have you on Facebook armenh7? I created two new solutions, maybe you can test them?

Launch Control might be fixed with that as well.
Hi sda2, do you have any updates/fixes for the M54B25_US? I am still not able to get the car to run with the new software version
clouro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:25 PM   #40
clouro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 7
My Ride: 2002 325ci
Year: 2002
Model: BMW E46 325ci
Transmission: 5-speed manual
So, today tried following some of the steps people mentioned that have worked for them. Car is a 2002 E46, 325ci - US (used version M54B25-US BIN).
I cloned my OEM ECU onto a new ECU. Used JMGarage and boot mode to flash the original BIN onto the ECU. Through INPA< I checked that VIN number matches. Also checked HEX for ISN and it was all good. I then synced EWS and the car started fine. So far so good! I then wrote the version 69 (keeping EWS) onto my ECU using Chipster. I re-synced EWS and the car cranks but does not start. I tried clearing adaptations and it still won't run.
To check if I didn't do anything wrong, I re-wrote the original software (again) and the car started fine. I then tried writing version 69 with EWS delete. Once again, the car cranks and does not start. I tried clearing adaptations again and it still won't start.
Any ideas of what I could try to get this to run? It seems like the EWS is not allowing the car to start... Previous versions work flawlessly

Last edited by clouro; 07-07-2019 at 05:27 PM.
clouro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.