Obamacare will be dead in 2014...pic included. - Page 4 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #61
V8_5
Banned User

My Ride: gutted with a getrag
Obama yo momma

Last edited by V8_5; 02-24-2014 at 12:24 PM.
V8_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #62
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Stop lying, comrade. That kind of shlt may fly in mother Russia, but it doesn't fly here.
So you agree I said the word payment twice, never did I mention the word bill ey tailerpark?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #63
Lair

My Ride: e90,e90, $5k Boxster
Republican/libertarian assh0le playbook tip #1: When you're caught lying, double down and cover the original lie with more lies, insults, and attacks.

Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #64
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
GOP/TP and Obamacare repeal:

Last edited by Rhumb; 03-04-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:22 AM   #65
TerraPhantm

My Ride: M3 & ZHP
Quote:

I want to see the specific passage of ANY current legislation (state or federal) that unequivocally backs your bullshlt claim. Your wife's bill doesn't prove a goddamned thing except that she has a bill.

No dentist in this country will ever accept $36.25 as full payment for an exam, a cleaning, and x-rays because Obamacare. Ever.

Stop lying.
I don't know... at least with all of my "preferred provider" medical payments, the insurance only pays upto the "allowed" amount minus the copay. I have several bills that look similar to the one in the OP, though all the dollar values are usually 1 or 2 orders of magnitude higher. I think the reason providers go along with this is that being "preferred" by a larger insurance group theoretically brings them more customers than otherwise.

For non-preferred providers, if I'm not mistaken the insurance company pays upto the plan allowance, and I'm stuck with the rest (if anything). Until I hit the catastrophic limit anyway, which so far I've been doing every year. After that, everything's free no matter who I go to.

I'm not really sure where Obamacare fits in

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 03-04-2014 at 03:30 AM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:04 AM   #66
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Should be an easy task to post up the specific Obamacare passage that mandates dental care prices, shouldn't it?

What are you waiting for?
Quote:

OP claims that Obamacare forces dentist to charge $36.25 for an exam, cleaning, and x-rays, then shows wife's uterus bill as proof that it happened, challenges me to prove he's lying.

This place is a riot. No, really. A RIOT.
You like many others didn't even read a bill that became a law that you support. Therefore you can't provide evidence either. Therefore you can be perceived as "talking out of your ass" too.
If you want to make a statement that we all ought to get on board to fight poverty, I'm with you. If you want to say that we ought to fight income inequality I'm not with you at all. Because I don't think that the rich guy stole from the poor guy. In fact rich people don't get rich by stealing from poor people because it turns out poor people don't have money.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #67
Lair

I'm not the one who's starting idiotic threads that contain nothing but straight-up lies.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #68
HacksawMark
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2014 Subaru XV
Wait, you mean dental care is covered under Obamacare? I don't think so........

Last edited by HacksawMark; 03-04-2014 at 11:06 AM.
HacksawMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #69
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
ITT- NFR doesn't understand the difference between a price negotiated between two private companies (the insurance company and the dentist office) and a federal regulation of prices.

Pro-tip- It's nothing new. The ACA doesn't change how the insurance company and the providers negotiate billable amounts for services etc. You're "proof" shows that one insurance company negotiated with one private company for preventative services to not cost hardly anything. That same contract between those same two companies may have tripled the providers profits for another more costly procedure (like braces or root canals for instance). We don't know though because that contract is between those two companies. It isn't a price structure mandated by law or else we could all see it.... ya know, like it would be if this was "because of Obamacare"...
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #70
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraisil View Post
ITT- NFR doesn't understand the difference between a price negotiated between two private companies (the insurance company and the dentist office) and a federal regulation of prices.

Pro-tip- It's nothing new. The ACA doesn't change how the insurance company and the providers negotiate billable amounts for services etc. You're "proof" shows that one insurance company negotiated with one private company for preventative services to not cost hardly anything. That same contract between those same two companies may have tripled the providers profits for another more costly procedure (like braces or root canals for instance). We don't know though because that contract is between those two companies. It isn't a price structure mandated by law or else we could all see it.... ya know, like it would be if this was "because of Obamacare"...
Again, you do realize that insurance payments are based on medicare rates right? You do realize that medicare payments are set by the government right? The payments under Obamacare are getting even smaller (hence many hospitals and doctors dropping many insurance carriers) and if the company is dropped, that may cause a serious problem in states such as NY, that now basically has 1 health insurance carrier. (Blue Cross.)
Old 03-05-2014, 03:52 AM   #71
Wraisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Again, you do realize that insurance payments are based on medicare rates right? You do realize that medicare payments are set by the government right? The payments under Obamacare are getting even smaller (hence many hospitals and doctors dropping many insurance carriers) and if the company is dropped, that may cause a serious problem in states such as NY, that now basically has 1 health insurance carrier. (Blue Cross.)
The ACA has nothing in it changing rates for services or establishing rates for medical/dental services. I say this as one of the, apparently few, people who has actually read the legislation...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by Wraisil; 03-05-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #72
HacksawMark
OEM ///Member

Quote:
You do realize that Medicare doesn't cover dental, right?

Old 03-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #73
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
The ACA has nothing in it changing rates for services or establishing rates for medical/dental services. I say this as one of the, apparently few, people who has actually read the legislation...

Either you are not listening, or just plain don't want to understand it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillm...eimbursements/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimpowel...t-to-reach-us/

Quote:
Obamacare reimbursement rates are lower than Medicare. Obamacare has a special disadvantage, too: a 90-day grace period. This means people can buy an Obamacare policy, have costly procedures done and then cancel the policy within 90 days.
Just because you read the legislation does not mean you

a) Understood it.
b) Understand the effects of certain aspects of it (between the lines)

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com...hysicians.html

Quote:
The amount of downward rate pressure physicians will face from payers ultimately depends on how many people enroll in the exchanges. This is what will give payers leverage, and so far enrollment has been lower than expected. Some health plans continue to offer physicians the same rates as before, according to the report. But if enrollment spikes, they may return to negotiations.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 03-05-2014 at 08:31 AM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #74
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HacksawMark View Post
You do realize that Medicare doesn't cover dental, right?

http://cms.hhs.gov/Medicare/Coverage...age/index.html

Quote:
Currently, Medicare will pay for dental services that are an integral part either of a covered procedure (e.g., reconstruction of the jaw following accidental injury), or for extractions done in preparation for radiation treatment for neoplastic diseases involving the jaw. Medicare will also make payment for oral examinations, but not treatment, preceding kidney transplantation or heart valve replacement, under certain circumstances. Such examination would be covered under Part A if performed by a dentist on the hospital's staff or under Part B if performed by a physician.
It doesn't cover everything, but it covers some.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 03-05-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #75
HacksawMark
OEM ///Member

Quote:
http://cms.hhs.gov/Medicare/Coverage...age/index.html

It doesn't cover everything, but it covers some.
Yes but that is only when it's related to another medically necessary procedure. Most people on Medicare can't simply walk into a dental office and say "I'm here for my free 6 month dental check-up covered by Medicare". So in essence, dental care is not provided by Medicare.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #76
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HacksawMark View Post
Yes but that is only when it's related to another medically necessary procedure. Most people on Medicare can't simply walk into a dental office and say "I'm here for my free 6 month dental check-up covered by Medicare". So in essence, dental care is not provided by Medicare.
Yes, but as I showed earlier, insurance reimbursements (including dental) are based on medicare rates. Medicare rates go down, private reimbursements get dragged down with it.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #77
Lair

You showed us a lie.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #78
Wraisil

Quote:
Either you are not listening, or just plain don't want to understand it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillm...eimbursements/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimpowel...t-to-reach-us/

Just because you read the legislation does not mean you

a) Understood it.
b) Understand the effects of certain aspects of it (between the lines)

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com...hysicians.html
Can you not even read your own linked articles? Medicare rates, medicaid rates... not "Obamacare" rates.

The change in reimbursement rates is due to legislation from 1997 (as pointed out in the articles you linked by the way), NOT because of any rates set by the ACA (which, as I've informed you previously, does not set any reimbursement rates). Even given cliffs of why it's happening the only thing you can see is that the word "Obamacare" is included and thus you somehow conclude that Obamacare is setting these rates, despite how wrong that conclusion is.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #79
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Can you not even read your own linked articles? Medicare rates, medicaid rates... not "Obamacare" rates.

The change in reimbursement rates is due to legislation from 1997 (as pointed out in the articles you linked by the way), NOT because of any rates set by the ACA (which, as I've informed you previously, does not set any reimbursement rates). Even given cliffs of why it's happening the only thing you can see is that the word "Obamacare" is included and thus you somehow conclude that Obamacare is setting these rates, despite how wrong that conclusion is.
Show me a post where I claimed Obamacare set the rates. I said Obamacare is causing reimbursements to sharply decline. I never said it legislated or mandated anything. It is simply an EFFECT.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 03-05-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #80
Lair

You are STILL fvcking lying, comrade. Stop it.

Your first post in this pos thread plainly states that obamacare is responsible for screwing some random dentist to the tune of $37 paid for $190 worth of dental procedures.

Stop fvcking lying.