Eonon Hot New BMW GA5150 Android Car DVD Player Group Buy (9th) - Page 5 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 05:52 AM   #81
Adr43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 18
My Ride: E46
hi, I'm interested in joining the group buy as well, model : d5150
Adr43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:25 PM   #82
EononCarDVD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 2,205
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalvp View Post
ga5150
Hi generalvp, OK I see, I've added your name on the GA5150 GB list. Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr43 View Post
hi, I'm interested in joining the group buy as well, model : d5150
Hi Adr43, thanks for joining the future D5150 group buy too! I've added your name to the list.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:28 PM   #83
sie77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 28
My Ride: BMW M3 Convertible
Hi, I would also like to join the next group buy im interested in a GA5150. Thanks.
sie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-17-2015, 02:20 PM   #84
RobinPHX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2
My Ride: 2002 325i
I bought myself a GA5150 for Christmas from eonon's ebay. Installed in less than 30 minutes (I didn't have navigation). Everything works great:

-radio reception great
-steering wheel controls volume, next
-wifi connects to my iPhone hotspot
-screen mirroring
-BT connection to OBD2 scan tool using Torque

I'm new to using android so it took me a little while to get familiar with the OS but now it's great.

The music app is a little limited but I installed a few from Google play that are much nicer and display artwork and allow for easy creation of playlists, etc. I put my music on a 32gb micro SDHC along with a couple movies.
So far really happy.

-Robbie
RobinPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #85
CharlzO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 710
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Just curious to what music apps you've found to play with? Haven't loaded my card up yet, but looking for something else to play through.
CharlzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:45 PM   #86
deephouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LA
Posts: 60
My Ride: E46 M3
To Eonon: Why do you have to make everything complicated? The extended cable for GA 5150 does not work with GM 5150, there's propriety parts for every interface!! This is ridiculous!! Money wasted, not to mention I have to buy another one from over seas. I've made a trader with fellow member who has GM 5150(Carlos), this was done only because original GA 5150 unit I've purchased didn't support lighted panel or steering wheel control. My dash's been torn opened for over a month now, staring to lose attachment to my car. So bummed out, and what a hassle everytime something goes wrong, to alleviate matters I have to wait a long period of time.
Absolutely positively, it's the worst internet purchase experience I've ever had.

Last edited by deephouse; 01-17-2015 at 02:52 PM.
deephouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:59 PM   #87
RobinPHX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2
My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlzO View Post
Just curious to what music apps you've found to play with? Haven't loaded my card up yet, but looking for something else to play through.
I've so far tried Doubletwist and Rocketplayer. Haven't played with them much but so far haven't gotten the steering wheel controls to work with them. One of them has settings for it. Once I have some time I'll try to figure it out.
RobinPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:17 AM   #88
EononCarDVD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 2,205
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
To Eonon: Why do you have to make everything complicated? The extended cable for GA 5150 does not work with GM 5150, there's propriety parts for every interface!! This is ridiculous!! Money wasted, not to mention I have to buy another one from over seas. I've made a trader with fellow member who has GM 5150(Carlos), this was done only because original GA 5150 unit I've purchased didn't support lighted panel or steering wheel control. My dash's been torn opened for over a month now, staring to lose attachment to my car. So bummed out, and what a hassle everytime something goes wrong, to alleviate matters I have to wait a long period of time.
Absolutely positively, it's the worst internet purchase experience I've ever had.
Hi deephouse, hope you can understand the product scheme and firmware of GA5150 and GM5150 are different, thatís why you need to buy different extended harness.

We are now finding the solution about the light and SWC issues for the cars with navigation. Currently you can just enjoy the GM5150, thanks!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:18 AM   #89
EononCarDVD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 2,205
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sie77 View Post
Hi, I would also like to join the next group buy im interested in a GA5150. Thanks.
Hi sie77, many thanks for joining the next group buy! Iíve already added you to the group buy list, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinPHX View Post
I bought myself a GA5150 for Christmas from eonon's ebay. Installed in less than 30 minutes (I didn't have navigation). Everything works great:

-radio reception great
-steering wheel controls volume, next
-wifi connects to my iPhone hotspot
-screen mirroring
-BT connection to OBD2 scan tool using Torque

I'm new to using android so it took me a little while to get familiar with the OS but now it's great.

The music app is a little limited but I installed a few from Google play that are much nicer and display artwork and allow for easy creation of playlists, etc. I put my music on a 32gb micro SDHC along with a couple movies.
So far really happy.

-Robbie
Hi Robbie, many thanks for your reviews to our unit! Glad to hear you love it a lot! And welcome to share with us more of your installation pics/ video & reviews here and on our facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official?ref=hl

Thanks a lot!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:22 AM   #90
deephouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LA
Posts: 60
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi deephouse, hope you can understand the product scheme and firmware of GA5150 and GM5150 are different, that's why you need to buy different extended harness.

We are now finding the solution about the light and SWC issues for the cars with navigation. Currently you can just enjoy the GM5150, thanks!

Don't get me the links to buy another cable. I'll be frank, need you guys to send me the cable at your expense. All the hassle I've been through, i should be even deserve to get my money back. My dashboard had been opened for nearly a month. You want to keep your customers, need to step up. Had your GA5150 worked like you guaranteed, I wouldn't be in this much of a mess, exchanging to a different model praying it will work this time.

Last edited by deephouse; 01-19-2015 at 01:24 AM.
deephouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:08 AM   #91
deephouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LA
Posts: 60
My Ride: E46 M3
People with OEM nav, please beware that this unit will not support steering wheel control as well as panel light will not light up. Tuning to radio station is a impossible too.
Believe me, I learned hard way. Spent all most close amount to a real quality unit like Dynavin trying to fix the issue.

Last edited by deephouse; 01-21-2015 at 12:11 AM.
deephouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:08 PM   #92
deephouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LA
Posts: 60
My Ride: E46 M3
Sending a 2lb extended ISO cable(about $60 item) back to Eonon(HongKong) will cost you $55 from Los Angeles. I'm sure it will be even more shipping from East Coast. Imagine if you have to RMA head unit ( 10+ lbs). If your unit craps out, might just be better to trash. Warranty service they offer is just to lure customers. They know not many people are willing to pay hefty shipping charges to send unit back. They will make their money no matter what.

Last edited by deephouse; 01-22-2015 at 07:13 PM.
deephouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:24 PM   #93
lmattiso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Jose
Posts: 156
My Ride: 2003 E46 Convertible
Well you've got two options. Buy from a mfg/distributor in China and save some money but run the risk of an install or hardware issue or pay double for a US distributor that sells the same rebranded radio. Worth the risk for some but not all. You can still save money with at least one return back to China. Don't expect Apple level support, especially at these prices. The radio is a great improvement over stock and there's alot of useful information out there on tweaks and hacks for it. The major flaw is the early adopters that had nav getting screwed. I would hope that they either fix their issues or give them refunds.
lmattiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:18 PM   #94
deephouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LA
Posts: 60
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmattiso View Post
Well you've got two options. Buy from a mfg/distributor in China and save some money but run the risk of an install or hardware issue or pay double for a US distributor that sells the same rebranded radio. Worth the risk for some but not all. You can still save money with at least one return back to China. Don't expect Apple level support, especially at these prices. The radio is a great improvement over stock and there's alot of useful information out there on tweaks and hacks for it. The major flaw is the early adopters that had nav getting screwed. I would hope that they either fix their issues or give them refunds.

Unfortunately, I've already made a trade with another forum member for GM5150, waiting on my ISO cable to try it out. Refund is out of question, the way Eonon has been responding there's no way they'll do anything for me. Same replies..." you can purchase correct part from our website!!" LOL.
deephouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:48 AM   #95
EononCarDVD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 2,205
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmattiso View Post
Well you've got two options. Buy from a mfg/distributor in China and save some money but run the risk of an install or hardware issue or pay double for a US distributor that sells the same rebranded radio. Worth the risk for some but not all. You can still save money with at least one return back to China. Don't expect Apple level support, especially at these prices. The radio is a great improvement over stock and there's alot of useful information out there on tweaks and hacks for it. The major flaw is the early adopters that had nav getting screwed. I would hope that they either fix their issues or give them refunds.
Hi lmattiso, yes we're working hard on the updated new can bus and extended cable, need a couple of days testing, please wait for a while. I'll update you guys once there's any result, thanks!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #96
generalvp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 1,024
My Ride: 05 330ci zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
Sending a 2lb extended ISO cable(about $60 item) back to Eonon(HongKong) will cost you $55 from Los Angeles. I'm sure it will be even more shipping from East Coast. Imagine if you have to RMA head unit ( 10+ lbs). If your unit craps out, might just be better to trash. Warranty service they offer is just to lure customers. They know not many people are willing to pay hefty shipping charges to send unit back. They will make their money no matter what.
I have issues with my GM5150 and was planning to send it back to Eonon too. But not when the shipping will cost me $175 and then another $50 to ship it back to me. That's $225 out of my pocket in addition to the price of the unit and who knows if the problems will be fixed or not. This is the price we pay to save a little. Totally not worth it. Right now, my unit is just collecting dust in the garage. And seeing that the GA5150 isn't free of glitches, I won't be joining the next group buy. No thanks.
generalvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #97
Dannyherm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3
My Ride: 2004 325i
Gm 5150

Hello, will there be a group but for Eonon GM 5150 in early 2015? Looking to buy one in February. If so, how do I join?
Dannyherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #98
JapanRot325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,789
My Ride: 04 E46
how much is shipping to Canada? i want the Andriod one GA5150 i believe

willing to be in the next group buy if shipping is reasonable
JapanRot325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #99
EononCarDVD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 2,205
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalvp View Post
I have issues with my GM5150 and was planning to send it back to Eonon too. But not when the shipping will cost me $175 and then another $50 to ship it back to me. That's $225 out of my pocket in addition to the price of the unit and who knows if the problems will be fixed or not. This is the price we pay to save a little. Totally not worth it. Right now, my unit is just collecting dust in the garage. And seeing that the GA5150 isn't free of glitches, I won't be joining the next group buy. No thanks.
Hi generalvp, sorry to hear that. Since you bought from the ebay store, their policy is different.

But if you buy from our official website, not only we will ship the replacement unit to you for free, but also you'll get as long as 2 year warranty. In addition, my direct support here is a bonus! You can see most of the customers satisfied with our group buy purchase. Welcome to join if you'd like anytime, thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyherm View Post
Hello, will there be a group but for Eonon GM 5150 in early 2015? Looking to buy one in February. If so, how do I join?
Hi Dannyherm, the next group buy would be for both GA5150 Android unit and GM5150 Screen Mirroring unit.
If totally 10 guys would like to join, the group buy will be activated soon! Now already 6 guys collected, just wait for a while, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
how much is shipping to Canada? i want the Andriod one GA5150 i believe

willing to be in the next group buy if shipping is reasonable
Hi JapanRot325ci, it's 19.9USD shipping to Canada, very affordable!
Now decide to join the GA5150 group buy right? Thanks!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 01-28-2015 at 12:57 AM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:04 PM   #100
renzito75
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale,FL. USA
Posts: 24
My Ride: E46
What's the group buy price on the GM5150?
renzito75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.