Clinton: release my emails - Page 190 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #3781
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
^I would like to dismiss this post because of my bias against idiocy.
So you dismiss anything you ever post/say?
Old 06-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #3782
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Clinton: release my emails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
I never said my opinion wasn't biased. Please tell me where I stated that.

What I did say is that you dismiss any post that doesn't coincide with your bias. You think that anyone who thinks different is automatically wrong.

“I never said my opinion wasn't biased.”

Is this an admission that your opinion is biased? If so, why do you criticize others for having biased opinions?

“You think that anyone who thinks different is automatically wrong.”

When people express ideas contrary to your own, what do you think? Do you think they are right (or wrong)?

Last edited by ed17331; 06-13-2019 at 02:19 PM.
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:22 PM   #3783
Shaban

Quote:
“I never said my opinion wasn't biased.”

Is this an admission that your opinion is biased? If so, why do you criticize others for having biased opinions?

“You think that anyone who thinks different is automatically wrong.”

When people express ideas contrary to your own, what do think? Do you think they are right (or wrong)?
so much for you dismissing the post.

Everyone's opinion is biased. I didn't criticize anyone for having biased opinions, only when they are hypocritical and/or ignore anything from the other end of the spectrum because of their bias.

When someone expresses an idea contrary to my own, I don't automatically dismiss it as false. Just like I explained in my first comment about this, if the person is on the other end of the political spectrum that I am, but they give a thoughtful opinion and can actually have a decent discussion without instantly turning to insults, then I am more than happy to listen to their thoughts. If during that discussion they make good points, it could change my mind about whatever it is that we were discussing.

It's quite ignorant to automatically assume that only your thoughts carry truth.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #3784
ed17331

Quote:
so much for you dismissing the post.

Everyone's opinion is biased. I didn't criticize anyone for having biased opinions, only when they are hypocritical and/or ignore anything from the other end of the spectrum because of their bias.

When someone expresses an idea contrary to my own, I don't automatically dismiss it as false. Just like I explained in my first comment about this, if the person is on the other end of the political spectrum that I am, but they give a thoughtful opinion and can actually have a decent discussion without instantly turning to insults, then I am more than happy to listen to their thoughts. If during that discussion they make good points, it could change my mind about whatever it is that we were discussing.

It's quite ignorant to automatically assume that only your thoughts carry truth.

You are suffering from a severe case of projection (along with an obviously terminal case of TDS).

so much for you dismissing the post.”

I said “I would like to...” not that I would. Big difference. Learn to read.

“Everyone's opinion is biased.”

Including yours.

“I didn't criticize anyone for having biased opinions,...”

Yes you did. You’ve done it many times. It is a constant refrain from you.

“... only when they are hypocritical and/or ignore anything from the other end of the spectrum because of their bias.”

Don’t start backtracking now. The goalposts are fine where they are.

“When someone expresses an idea contrary to my own, I don't automatically dismiss it as false.”

I call bullshjt.

“...without instantly turning to insults...”

You are as guilty of this as anyone here. Examples are plentiful.

“If during that discussion they make good points, it could change my mind about whatever it is that we were discussing.”

Theoretically it could, but in reality it never does. Do you have any significant examples of when it has?

“It's quite ignorant to automatically assume that only your thoughts carry truth.”

ROFL - talk about the pot calling the kettle black, sheesh!
Old 06-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #3785
Shaban

Quote:
You are suffering from a severe case of projection (along with an obviously terminal case of TDS).

so much for you dismissing the post.”

I said “I would like to...” not that I would. Big difference. Learn to read.
Talk about backtracking...

Quote:
“Everyone's opinion is biased.”

Including yours.
I know... as I stated three posts ago.

Quote:
“I didn't criticize anyone for having biased opinions,...”

Yes you did. You’ve done it many times. It is a constant refrain from you.

“... only when they are hypocritical and/or ignore anything from the other end of the spectrum because of their bias.”

Don’t start backtracking now. The goalposts are fine where they are.
You literally split my sentence in two and then claimed I'm backtracking and moving goalposts.

Quote:
“When someone expresses an idea contrary to my own, I don't automatically dismiss it as false.”

I call bullshjt.
You can call it whatever you want, fact is that if someone has good points on an issue and I had a different opinion, I am very willing to listen and possibly change my opinion.

Quote:
“...without instantly turning to insults...”

You are as guilty of this as anyone here. Examples are plentiful.
Yes, with those who constantly exhibit that behavior, I will do the same.

Quote:
“If during that discussion they make good points, it could change my mind about whatever it is that we were discussing.”

Theoretically it could, but in reality it never does. Do you have any significant examples of when it has?
So it must be "significant" in your opinion to count? LOL. I'll do as you and your flock typically do, go ahead and search through my post history and post the examples you want.

Quote:
“It's quite ignorant to automatically assume that only your thoughts carry truth.”

ROFL - talk about the pot calling the kettle black, sheesh!
I have never claimed to be the bearer of truth as you claim to be, just like I never claimed to be a human lie detector, or any one of the other ridiculous things I've heard on here. I give my opinions and news articles.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #3786
ed17331

“I have never claimed to be the bearer of truth...”

...and you usually aren’t.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:19 PM   #3787
Shaban

Quote:
“I have never claimed to be the bearer of truth...”

...and you usually aren’t.
You would never consider anyone on the other side of the political spectrum to speak truth, so I expect nothing less from you.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #3788
ed17331

Quote:
You would never consider anyone on the other side of the political spectrum to speak truth, so I expect nothing less from you.

I expect less than nothing from you (and I am rarely disappointed).
Old 06-28-2019, 01:32 PM   #3789
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
whitewash of the century

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...-33000-emails/
Judicial Watch: Justice Department Granted Immunity To Hillary Clinton's Lawyer Who Destroyed 33,000 Emails
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's White House Liaison at the State Department, and later Clinton's personal lawyer, Heather Samuelson, admitted under oath that she was granted immunity by the U.S. Department of Justice in June 2016

What's it called when you destroy evidence under subpoena? I think it rhymes with construction
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:00 PM   #3790
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Transmission: Autotragic

Why give immunity to someone unless you’re contemplating charges? She lied - no problem.

What a difference compared to the investigation of Trump associates. They were on the record, surveilled, and entrapped from the get go.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

2016 Beheadings in Saudi Arabia: 92.

Last edited by swordsman11868; 06-29-2019 at 09:01 PM.
swordsman11868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #3791
chikoo

My Ride: 05 330Ci ZHP Cabrio
News from the inside of the team that did the investigation on Clinton’s email - They decided to vote for Trump after they read all of Clintons email.

No joke. This is for real.

chikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:55 PM   #3792
ed17331

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikoo View Post
News from the inside of the team that did the investigation on Clinton’s email - They decided to vote for Trump after they read all of Clintons email.

No joke. This is for real.

Makes sense.

Link?
Old 07-04-2019, 07:49 PM   #3793
chikoo

My Ride: 05 330Ci ZHP Cabrio
Quote:
Makes sense.

Link?

Link? This is not published news. This is insider information.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
chikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #3794
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Transmission: Autotragic

Contractor sentenced to 9 years for storing classified information: he admitted to a single count of willful retention of national defense information.

“A former National Security Agency contractor was sentenced in Maryland to nine years in prison on Friday for stealing huge amounts of classified material from U.S. intelligence agencies over two decades though officials never found proof he shared it with anyone.

Harold Martin, 54, also received three years of supervised release from U.S. District Judge Richard Bennett in Baltimore after pleading guilty to willful retention of national defense information, the Justice Department said in a statement.

One of their allegations was that Martin talked online with people in Russian and other languages but they never found proof he shared stolen information with anyone.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UE2NV

2016 Beheadings in Saudi Arabia: 92.

Last edited by swordsman11868; 07-20-2019 at 02:31 PM.
swordsman11868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:49 AM   #3795
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Gee, I feel like this should have been newsworthy in 2015-2016

https://fortune.com/2015/07/13/googl...c-crowdstrike/
Google leads $100 million investment in cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote