The Official "Bad Cop" thread. - Page 45 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-28-2018, 09:57 PM   #881
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
nah i don't.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:33 PM   #882
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/minn...183728339.html

Quote:
Two Minneapolis police officers have been placed on paid leave from their jobs after decorating their precinct's Christmas tree with racially insensitive memorabilia. Now, the city's mayor is saying that those responsible will be fired, the Associated Press reports.

The display was a Christmas tree adorned with a Newport cigarette pack, a can of Steel Reserve malt liquor, police tape, empty bags of Funyuns and Takis and a cup from Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen. A photo of the tree was posted to the internet, and was soon picked up by several local news outlets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:54 AM   #883
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Short Version: NYPD Cop misses 3 payments on his Maxima, tow truck comes to repossess the car. Police arrest tow truck driver for felony theft, confiscate his car and possessions. 2 weeks later possessions still not returned, felony dropped in lieu of BS misdemeanors and an "internal review' in process (aka whitewash)

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...-officer-s-car

Insane abuse of power, people need to go to jail over this.
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:50 PM   #884
MachRc
is married again

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-Costco.html

off duty LAPD officer shoots mentally disabled man and both his parents in a costco after altercation

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"My music Sicily, rich California smell. An axe killer adventure, paint a picture well. I sing a song from Sing-Sing
sipping on ginseng. Righteous wax chaperon rotating ring kings.."
MachRc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:50 PM   #885
MachRc
is married again

off duty LAPD officer shoots mentally disabled man and both his parents in a costco after altercation

"My music Sicily, rich California smell. An axe killer adventure, paint a picture well. I sing a song from Sing-Sing
Old 06-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #886
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
How about the family who was held at gunpoint when their four-year-old daughter walked out the door with a $1.00 doll without paying for it? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I have a feeling the parents didn't know the little girl even had the doll in her possession.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/us/ph...ent/index.html

The last I heard, Jay-Z hired an attorney for them.

Last edited by SPDSKTR; 06-17-2019 at 03:57 PM.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:34 PM   #887
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post

It's not at all clear yet if this is a Bad Cop situation. It certainly could be, or it could be that the "gentle giant" was threatening the guy and he defended himself.

What's annoying to me is the lack of comment from the various PDs about him and his actions, which gives the appearance of them giving preferential treatment to the shooter because he's a cop. If Joe Average had done the same thing, would the various PDs involved treat him the same way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
How about the family who was held at gunpoint when their four-year-old daughter walked out the door with a $1.00 doll without paying for it? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I have a feeling the parents didn't know the little girl even had the doll in her possession.

Quote:
Thompson also told the affiliate there was more to it than the claim of the stolen doll, but would not expound on it. The affiliate reported that police said there were other stolen items in the vehicle besides the doll.
We have to know what the cops knew/believed going into the situation. Did the the dollar store clerk that called the cops claim the dad was armed, maybe because the family steals stuff from the store regularly and no one ever does anything about it? Or maybe the clerk is a liar? Or maybe the clerk genuinely believes the family had a gun? Did the cops run the plate and find out the registered owner has a history of violence? I saw the video from another source yesterday and one thing that struck me (har har) was the side windows were tinted so damn dark (probably legal in AZ) it was impossible to see what was going on in the car.

If the cops can produce evidence that they had reason to feel like they were stepping into a dangerous situation, then I have a lot less sympathy for this family. But if nothing like that comes out, then this does look like a bunch of out of control cops.

Maybe the family should sue the police union along with the city and the PD.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:13 PM   #888
SPDSKTR

How the hell did I miss that tidbit of info?

Old 06-17-2019, 11:15 PM   #889
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
How the hell did I miss that tidbit of info?
It remains to be seen what really happened. Maybe there were no other stolen items in the car and the cops are in CYA mode. Maybe there was a stolen pack of gum in the car. We just don't know yet, and unfortunately in these cases we rely on cops to tell us if cops did the right thing. That's obviously a concern.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:00 AM   #890
swordsman11868

My Ride: 2003 325i
Transmission: Autotragic
Quote:

“Police said the family was*combative and refused to follow officers' commands.*At one point, officers thought Ames was reaching for a weapon, according to the report.”

Dindunuffin

I'm just here to change the world.
BMW Wiki:

2016 Beheadings in Saudi Arabia: 92.
swordsman11868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:35 AM   #891
SPDSKTR

Have you seen the video? It's another case of, "GET YOUR HANDS UP! OPEN THE DOOR! KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM! OPEN THE DOOR! LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS!"

So... which shall they do? Open the door or keep their hands where you can see them?

Old 07-13-2019, 01:55 PM   #892
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
The Official "Bad Cop" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post

He shot the mentally disabled man (...which was unknown at the time; it was introduced after the fact) because the man assaulted him and his child. I know the details of this case intricately.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-13-2019 at 01:56 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:28 PM   #893
swordsman11868

Baltimore:

Cops on a crime spree

They belonged to an elite police task force charged with getting guns off Baltimoreu2019s streets. Instead, the plainclothes cops roamed the city, robbing people on the street, breaking into homes to steal money and drugs, and planting evidence on their victims.

https://www.revealnews.org/episodes/...e-rebroadcast/

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

BMW Wiki:

Old 08-07-2019, 06:42 PM   #894
MachRc
is married again

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
He shot the mentally disabled man (...which was unknown at the time; it was introduced after the fact) because the man assaulted him and his child. I know the details of this case intricately.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...urt-documents/

Quote:
“The court finds that due to the graphic nature of the video and the significant public attention on the shooting, the release of the video prior to the conclusion of the criminal investigation reasonably could result in harm to the suspect, who is out of custody, and could interfere with the integrity of the jury trial process in any potential subsequent prosecution,” the court order stated.

The French family said that was the first time they had heard [Police Officer involved] referred to as a suspect.

one year we will see.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:23 AM   #895
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/bart...-confrontation

Quote:
The deputy, later identified as 28-year-old Brison Strickland, and his fiancée, 25-year-old Kristen Smith, responded by cursing at the woman.

"These are the type of officers that Bartow County employs," she wrote on the Facebook post. "This is what's supposed to 'protect and serve' us."

Bartow County Sheriff Clark Millsap said his office was notified of the incident Monday, and he immediately suspended Strickland pending an investigation. According to the sheriff's office, the Criminal Investigations Division and the Internal Affairs Office looked into the incident and Strickland was fired Tuesday.

"During the exchange, Strickland and Smith were verbally abusive and made several claims to be police officers and used explicit language in threatening manners," the sheriff's office said in a statement.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:56 PM   #896
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Quote:
A hidden cost of Chicago police misconduct: $213 million to private lawyers since 2004
https://www.chicagotribune.com/inves...nki-story.html

One bad apple...

The bunch is spoiling.

Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #897
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/arizon...exual-assault/
Arizona trooper arrested for sexual assault
An Arizona state trooper has been accused of sexually assaulting at least eight women during traffic stops. Police said they believe there may be more victims.

Reminds me of Bad Lieutenant
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Old 10-12-2019, 06:40 PM   #898
swordsman11868

I hate to say it but this is not going to end well:

A Fort Worth Cop Killed A Black Woman Inside Her Home After Her Neighbor Called Police Because Her Door Was Open

https://apple.news/ALC9istpwTZaR2Hd1U5cc5A

BMW Wiki:

Old 10-13-2019, 04:16 AM   #899
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman11868 View Post

A Fort Worth Cop Killed A Black Woman Inside Her Home After Her Neighbor Called Police Because Her Door Was Open

It’s possible that it will end badly if they can’t place that firearm near her body when she was shot.

M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #900
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman11868 View Post

I still don't understand why he fired his weapon, this one looks criminally bad.