#1 Asylum request: Venezuela - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:46 PM   #21
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
The problem is, low education unskilled immigrants will vote for big promises. Well educated ones know the price of those promises, and never want a thing from government.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #22
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
The problem is, low education unskilled immigrants will vote for big promises. Well educated ones know the price of those promises, and never want a thing from government.
It's a shame we moved away from taking in more skilled and educated immigrants in order to import a permanent voting bloc underclass
Old 04-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #23
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
It's a shame we moved away from taking in more skilled and educated immigrants in order to import a permanent voting bloc underclass
As has been said here many times before: if Mexican immigrants were a reliable Republican voter bloc, Democrats would be totally anti-immigration and Republicans would be totally pro-immigration.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #24
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
As has been said here many times before: if Mexican immigrants were a reliable Republican voter bloc, Democrats would be totally anti-immigration and Republicans would be totally pro-immigration.
Definitely
Old 04-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #25
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
They are both very pro.....republicans want cheap labor, democrats want the votes. Win win as far as politics goes, which is why no president/party every actually tried to really solve the issue.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #26
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
They are both very pro.....republicans want cheap labor, democrats want the votes. Win win as far as politics goes, which is why no president/party every actually tried to really solve the issue.
But Republicans want them to stay illegal so they can be a source of cheaper (under-the-table) labor. Democrats want them to be able to come here illegally and then get free citizenship so they can continue to vote for Democrats who promise them free stuff.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #27
NFRs2000nyc

Ah, I agree with that, the status thing they do hold different opinions, body wise, they both want them in here. Having said that, illegals don't actually get paid what people THINK they get paid. They know their worth, and actually get paid well. As I stated in many of our other discussions, people hire illegals NOT to save money, but because they work better/harder.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #28
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...y.PaDYoYzWoUGA

Venezuela seizes GM plant as crisis escalates

Sent from my Pixel using E46Fanatics mobile app

Last edited by BreakfastBurrito; 04-21-2017 at 10:57 AM.
BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #29
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
But Republicans want them to stay illegal so they can be a source of cheaper (under-the-table) labor. Democrats want them to be able to come here illegally and then get free citizenship so they can continue to vote for Democrats who promise them free stuff.

They managed to convince my immigrant grandfather to be a lifelong supporter.
If you want to make a statement that we all ought to get on board to fight poverty, I'm with you. If you want to say that we ought to fight income inequality I'm not with you at all. Because I don't think that the rich guy stole from the poor guy. In fact rich people don't get rich by stealing from poor people because it turns out poor people don't have money.

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 04-21-2017 at 09:22 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:39 AM   #30
Act of God

haha good for Rubio

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/ru...ople-starving/
Quote:
One thing you notice is that (Venezuelan President) Maduro still has a big gut. People may be starving in the streets, but Maduro isn't starving. He hasn't lost any weight over the past several years of this suffering.
Perfectly describes the leftist ideology, just like the picture of north korea at night where only the capital has lights.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:14 AM   #31
NFRs2000nyc

Of the fat Kim family vs the starving populace.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:29 AM   #32
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Of the fat Kim family vs the starving populace.
I don't know, Kim's hands look really small. Maybe he's lost weight there?

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.--PJ O'Rourke
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:34 AM   #33
NFRs2000nyc

That chin tho....
Old 04-23-2017, 12:29 PM   #34
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post

But his hands can cure AIDS, can your president's hand do that?
Old 05-06-2017, 08:57 AM   #35
Act of God

Old 05-06-2017, 09:33 AM   #36
NFRs2000nyc

lol these people live in an alternate universe

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 05-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #37
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post

Or he's somehow related to Trump, who does express admiration for him, though to be fair, Trump admires pretty much every brutal autocratic dictator (Kim, Erdogan, Duarte, and of course, Putin)
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #38
NFRs2000nyc

Ummm, you can't ever negotiate with someone you've bad mouthed, so Trump throwing a few warmer words to Un and Putin are nothing more than wedges keeping the door slightly pried open for any kind of talks. If Trump called him a crazy tubbie it wouldn't help in any sort of diplomacy. Funny, you morons cried that Trump knows nothing about diplomacy, but when he actually exercises some you scold him for it.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #39
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Ummm, you can't ever negotiate with someone you've bad mouthed, so Trump throwing a few warmer words to Un and Putin are nothing more than wedges keeping the door slightly pried open for any kind of talks. If Trump called him a crazy tubbie it wouldn't help in any sort of diplomacy. Funny, you morons cried that Trump knows nothing about diplomacy, but when he actually exercises some you scold him for it.
I don't think anyone's yet explained to Trump what the word diplomacy even means, much less how to practice it (beyond crude schoolyard bullying). His gushing affections and fawning words for strongman authoritarians goes well beyond the usual dry pleasantries of diplomacy.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #40
Hobohunter

My Ride: Mustang GT
Year: 2016
Transmission: Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
I don't think anyone's yet explained to Trump what the word diplomacy even means, much less how to practice it (beyond crude schoolyard bullying). His gushing affections and fawning words for strongman authoritarians goes well beyond the usual dry pleasantries of diplomacy.
Do you have any examples of gushing affections or fawning words? Beyond calling Kim Jong Un a "Smart Cookie" which isn't pretty gushing or fawning at all? Or did you just not know how to fit "cross-cutting" or "vastly" into that paragraph at all?
Hobohunter is offline   Reply With Quote