#1 Asylum request: Venezuela - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2017, 09:37 PM   #41
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 147
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobohunter View Post
Do you have any examples of gushing affections or fawning words? Beyond calling Kim Jong Un a "Smart Cookie" which isn't pretty gushing or fawning at all? Or did you just not know how to fit "cross-cutting" or "vastly" into that paragraph at all?
He's only starting to cuddle up to Kim, his real strongman crush is with Putin, and you can Google all his sweet nothings as easily as I can.

Being deep in hock to innumerable Russian financiers might help fuel those bromance flames. Of course, I could be off base on this, as perhaps Trump's own long-promised tax returns might clarify for us all.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #42
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 968
My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Seemed like Hillary liked Putin more, after all, she did sell Russia a bunch of uranium. What has Trump does that has favored Russia?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #43
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 147
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Seemed like Hillary liked Putin more, after all, she did sell Russia a bunch of uranium. What has Trump does that has favored Russia?
Is that long debunked trope still finding traction in conservative circles? Wow.

But I guess that isn't as bad as Hilary ripping Vince Foster's still-beating heart from his chest and eating it whole with a side of fact beans and a glass of Chianti.

Last edited by Rhumb; 05-08-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:04 PM   #44
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Is that long debunked trope still finding traction in conservative circles? Wow.

But I guess that isn't as bad as Hilary ripping Vince Foster's still-beating heart from his chest and eating it whole with a side of fact beans and a glass of Chianti.
It's a fact, well known and documented.
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart

Last edited by Act of God; 05-08-2017 at 08:04 PM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:15 PM   #45
ed17331
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 20
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
It's a fact, well known and documented.
Yes, but I would like to hear Rhumb's version of what he thinks happened with the UraniumOne deal involving Hillary and Russia.

Rhumb? What's the real story? Tell us what happened and what the alt-right got wrong.
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:23 AM   #46
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 147
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Well, given that there's various confabulation floating about in the Right's Alternative Fact universe, here are some debunkings:

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...m-russia-deal/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...out-hillary-c/

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/a-f...ruption-claim/

Basically, the right wing claims of some sort of nebulous pay-to-play scheme to single-handedly give Russia 20% of our uranium are highly distorted and misleading assertions at best.

Last edited by Rhumb; 05-09-2017 at 05:23 AM.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:26 AM   #47
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Well, given that there's various confabulation floating about in the Right's Alternative Fact universe, here are some debunkings:

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinto...m-russia-deal/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...out-hillary-c/

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/a-f...ruption-claim/

Basically, the right wing claims of some sort of nebulous pay-to-play scheme to single-handedly give Russia 20% of our uranium are highly distorted and misleading assertions at best.
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:28 AM   #48
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 147
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Yeah, me too, pretty much decimates those right-wing Clinton-Gave Russia-Uranium conspiracy tales.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:52 AM   #49
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Yeah, me too, pretty much decimates those right-wing Clinton-Gave Russia-Uranium conspiracy tales.
Your argument essentially boils down to "if you don't have concrete video evidence of quid pro quo, there was no quid pro quo."

A 5 year old can do the math on this one
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:03 AM   #50
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 147
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Your argument essentially boils down to "if you don't have concrete video evidence of quid pro quo, there was no quid pro quo."

A 5 year old can do the math on this one
You're a lawyer, right, so I suspect that you know the difference between an allegation and actual evidence? A spurious allegation of a quid pro quo is not evidence of a quid pro quo.

Also, she was but one of many people who approved that sale of a stake in the Canadian company, we're all the others on the take too?

What about the simple fact that none, not a gram, of any American uranium could go to Russia, undercutting the "sold uranium to Russia" meme?

I always thought you were older than four years old, chronologically at least. You'll find pre-k math fun next year.

Last edited by Rhumb; 05-09-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:34 AM   #51
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
You're a lawyer, right, so I suspect that you know the difference between an allegation and actual evidence? A spurious allegation of a quid pro quo is not evidence of a quid pro quo.

Also, she was but one of many people who approved that sale of a stake in the Canadian company, we're all the others on the take too?

What about the simple fact that none, not a gram, of any American uranium could go to Russia, undercutting the "sold uranium to Russia" meme?

I always thought you were older than four years old, chronologically at least. You'll find pre-k math fun next year.
Yet, she was the only one who had a husband give a paid speech right at the time of the deal. Obtuse much?

Quote:
According to the Clinton Foundation’s disclosure records, Ian Telfer, the Canadian head of Uranium One, donates less than $250,000 to the foundation, in 2007. However, Canadian tax records show that Telfer gives $2.4 million more from 2009 to 2012. Additional millions in donations are given around this time by other people with ties to Uranium One.

In June 2010, former President Bill Clinton is paid $500,000 to give a speech in Moscow, one of his highest speaking fees. He is paid by a Russian investment bank with ties to the Russian government. That same month, Rosatom makes its deal to get a majority stake in Uranium One. However, the deal can’t go forward without approval from a group of US cabinet officials called the Committee on Foreign Investment, including Hillary Clinton as secretary of state. In October 2010, the committee gives its approval. The committee’s decision-making process is shrouded in secrecy, but it is said the approval goes relatively smoothly.

By 2013, the Russian company will own 100% of Uranium One, and they will have control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the US. The New York Times will later comment, “Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.”

Furthermore, Canadian mining financier Frank Giustra built a company that later merged with Uranium One, and he gives at least $31 million to the Clinton Foundation. (The New York Times, 4/23/2015) In 2007, Giustra cofounded a Canadian offshoot of the Clinton Foundation called the Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership (CGEP), which has been accused of being a “slush fund” that allows politically toxic foreign contributors to anonymously donate money to the Clinton Foundation in the hopes of gaining political influence with Bill and Hillary Clinton. (Harper’s Magazine, 11/17/2015) The secret donations from Telfer and others connected to Uranium One all appear to have gone through the CGEP. (The New York Times, 4/23/2015)
<250,000 to Clintons in 2007, >2,400,000 to Clintons 2009-2012 (her tenure)
RUSSIANS IN MOSCOW pay Bill 500k in June 2010
Deal approved in October 2010

__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:07 AM   #52
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 147
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Yet, she was the only one who had a husband give a paid speech right at the time of the deal. Obtuse much?



<250,000 to Clintons in 2007, >2,400,000 to Clintons 2009-2012 (her tenure)
RUSSIANS IN MOSCOW pay Bill 500k in June 2010
Deal approved in October 2010

Again, circumstantial allegations at best, not much of a case there counselor.

If such a tenuous potential ethical entanglement regarding Clinton's got you so fired up, you're head must be exploding over the jungle of conflicts of interest ensnaring the Trumps (I presume you are applying the same stringent standards of moral, legal and ethical rectitude.)
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:31 AM   #53
Silver_Surfer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hyattsville, MD
Posts: 359
My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Again, circumstantial allegations at best, not much of a case there counselor.

If such a tenuous potential ethical entanglement regarding Clinton's got you so fired up, you're head must be exploding over the jungle of conflicts of interest ensnaring the Trumps (I presume you are applying the same stringent standards of moral, legal and ethical rectitude.)
Typical response..."But what about Trump?!" All the "right wingers" here have had said negative things about trump multiple times since he announced he was running for President, and many of them (myself included) did not even vote for the guy. But all the libtards here are still prepared to die on the hill for her.
__________________
Silver_Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #54
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Again, circumstantial allegations at best, not much of a case there counselor.

If such a tenuous potential ethical entanglement regarding Clinton's got you so fired up, you're head must be exploding over the jungle of conflicts of interest ensnaring the Trumps (I presume you are applying the same stringent standards of moral, legal and ethical rectitude.)
Right, so your argument is "na na na na, you can't prove it". Gotcha.
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #55
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Socialist utopia

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2676...y-david-paulin
VENEZUELA'S ATTORNEY GENERAL FLEES THE COUNTRY

when will they learn
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #56
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 147
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Socialist utopia

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2676...y-david-paulin
VENEZUELA'S ATTORNEY GENERAL FLEES THE COUNTRY

when will they learn
Doesn't seem so bad...

When will they learn.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #57
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Doesn't seem so bad...

When will they learn.
Ah, so socialism works when white people do it.

#racist
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:11 PM   #58
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 147
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Ah, so socialism works when white people do it.

#racist
Nice try, socialism works where it is well implemented, fails where it is poorly implemented, like in Venezuela. Skin color not pertinent.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:14 PM   #59
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Nice try, socialism works where it is well implemented, fails where it is poorly implemented, like in Venezuela. Skin color not pertinent.
Ok where has it worked when there wasn't a culturally homogeneous white population?
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #60
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 147
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Ok where has it worked when there wasn't a culturally homogeneous white population?
Certainly not in all those Lilly White Soviet Bloc countries during the cold war era. Being white and/or culturally homogeneous didn't seem to automatically lead to success there, so it seems being white/homogeneous is a poor predictor of political/economic success.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.