The OFFICIAL Celebrity/Politician Sex Abuse Scandal Thread - Page 5 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #81
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
The Roy Moore thing is fairly disturbing....not for the accusation itself (which if true is plenty creepy), but that people are rushing to his defense with the bible as their backup. Even more creepy is that this type of behavior (adult men being married to <18 teens) is something that is supposedly normal in certain evangelical circles
If you want to make a statement that we all ought to get on board to fight poverty, I'm with you. If you want to say that we ought to fight income inequality I'm not with you at all. Because I don't think that the rich guy stole from the poor guy. In fact rich people don't get rich by stealing from poor people because it turns out poor people don't have money.

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 11-13-2017 at 08:53 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:22 PM   #82
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
A long but worthwhile read from 1998* that should remind most of us and inform the rest of us that the Roy Moore phenomenon and all its ugliness is nothing new.

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/...iams199805/amp

*Article was published in Vanity Fair in 1998 but the byline shows incorrectly as online 2007.
WHATABOUTISM anyone??

Old 11-13-2017, 09:24 PM   #83
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post

EDIT: that raises an interesting (to me, at least) question: are there any of these accusations in recent weeks that have surprised/shocked you?
Cross-posted from the Meltdown Thread (since this is the logical place to ask this question).
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:47 PM   #84
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Quote:
A long but worthwhile read from 1998* that should remind most of us and inform the rest of us that the Roy Moore phenomenon and all its ugliness is nothing new.

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/...iams199805/amp

*Article was published in Vanity Fair in 1998 but the byline shows incorrectly as online 2007.
Just because a phenomenon isn't new that doesn't make it acceptable. People have been killing and plundering each other since the beginning of time, doesn't make it OK. In fact as time goes on and we as a society progress, these types of behaviors should become even less acceptable.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:58 AM   #85
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
WHATABOUTISM anyone??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Just because a phenomenon isn't new that doesn't make it acceptable. People have been killing and plundering each other since the beginning of time, doesn't make it OK. In fact as time goes on and we as a society progress, these types of behaviors should become even less acceptable.
I knew my post would bring out the slower among us. Just because I post something doesn't mean I am claiming it is acceptable. Project much?

My point in posting that is to point out the blatant hypocrisy - the "ugliness" I referred to - of those who now rightly criticize Moore's defenders but actively defended Clinton. I find both Moore and Clinton to be disgusting and I have been consistent in that regard. The nearly unanimous support of Clinton by the Democrat party and most of its voters stands in stark contrast to the large and loud - albeit slow to develop with many - backlash by the GOP against Moore.
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.--PJ O'Rourke

Last edited by Cabrio330; 11-14-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:57 AM   #86
VaderDave
Invictus

I read this yesterday and thought it was excellent. I think both parties need to do some serious navel-gazing, and then clean house (if they can).

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...crimes/545729/
Old 11-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #87
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Since they pull down Confederate statues because of past sins, does this mean they will start yanking up Hollywood Walk of Fame stars?

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:09 PM   #88
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Quote:
I knew my post would bring out the slower among us. Just because I post something doesn't mean I am claiming it is acceptable. Project much?

My point in posting that is to point out the blatant hypocrisy - the "ugliness" I referred to - of those who now rightly criticize Moore's defenders but actively defended Clinton. I find both Moore and Clinton to be disgusting and I have been consistent in that regard. The nearly unanimous support of Clinton by the Democrat party and most of its voters stands in stark contrast to the large and loud - albeit slow to develop with many - backlash by the GOP against Moore.
Um, no.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #89
Cabrio330

Quote:
Um, no.
I will wait for you to post up a list of Democrats party members that openly criticized Clinton and did not support or vote for him in 1996. As for Democrat voters, here is how they voted:

Conservative Democrats - 69% for Clinton
Moderate Democrats - 84% for Clinton
Liberal Democrats - 89% for Clinton
All Democrats - 85% for Clinton

Which of those numbers does not qualify as "most"?

Link to the data for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...r_demographics
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.--PJ O'Rourke

Last edited by Cabrio330; 11-14-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:22 PM   #90
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Um, no.
He's talking about Bill Clinton, not Hillary. Read the Atlantic article I posted.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:20 PM   #91
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Ex secret service talking about creepy uncle joe Biden now
Old 11-15-2017, 12:16 AM   #92
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Ex secret service talking about creepy uncle joe Biden now
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...n-level-stuff/
ed17331 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #93
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
The Gateway Pundit?
Old 11-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #94
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwP
Speaking on the condition of anonymity...
This should always be taken with a major grain of salt.

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

ss

Last edited by evolved; 11-15-2017 at 09:13 AM.
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #95
Cabrio330

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
This should always be taken with a major grain of salt.
In the words of evolved, "meh." By itself, the un-named source piece would be suspect, whether it appeared at Gatewaypundit.com or nytimes.com (right?). But given the tons of unedited video of the man doing creepy things, your grain of salt is a pointless rebuttal.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #96
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Quote:
In the words of evolved, "meh." By itself, the un-named source piece would be suspect, whether it appeared at Gatewaypundit.com or nytimes.com (right?). But given the tons of unedited video of the man doing creepy things, your grain of salt is a pointless rebuttal.

Confirming ones biases certainly feels good, man. We're all guilty of it, without a doubt.

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

ss
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #97
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
The only difference is that the NYT is one of the more credible news sources and The Gateway Pundit is an extremely biased website that spreads fake news and conspiracies.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:53 PM   #98
VaderDave
Invictus

The tide continues to turn as Vox sends a broadside against Bill Clinton's legacy.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...insky-resigned
Old 11-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #99
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
The tide continues to turn as Vox sends a broadside against Bill Clinton's legacy.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...insky-resigned
He has outlived his usefulness and any tangible benefit moving forward is outweighed by the sweet virtue signaling likes turning on him now will provide.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #100
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
He has outlived his usefulness and any tangible benefit moving forward is outweighed by the sweet virtue signaling likes turning on him now will provide.
This, so now when "they" go after every republican (who really should be held accountable regardless) "they" can refer back to these types of articles when someone tries to use the Clinton scandel against "them".

"they/them" refers to any democratic mouth piece