The real hate: Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2018 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:29 AM   #1
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
The real hate: Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2018

https://www.adl.org/murder-and-extremism-2018

Quote:
Among this reportís key findings:

Every year adherents of a variety of extreme causes kill people in the United States; ADLís COE tracks these murders.

In 2018, domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the U.S., a sharp increase from the 37 extremist-related murders documented in 2017, though still lower than the totals for 2015 (70) and 2016 (72). The 50 deaths make 2018 the fourth-deadliest year on record for domestic extremist-related killings since 1970.

The extremist-related murders in 2018 were overwhelmingly linked to right-wing extremists. Every one of the perpetrators had ties to at least one right-wing extremist movement, although one had recently switched to supporting Islamist extremism. White supremacists were responsible for the great majority of the killings, which is typically the case.

Deadly shooting sprees were a major factor in the high death toll. Five of the 17 incidents involved shooting sprees that caused 38 deaths and injured 33 people.

The perpetrator of one of 2018ís deadly shooting sprees, at a yoga studio in Tallahassee, was connected to the misogynistic incel/manosphere movement. In the wake of this attack and a similarly-motivated killing spree in Toronto, Canada, ADLís COE now tracks such incidents as extremist-related killings and has updated its database to include an earlier incel-linked incident, Elliot Rodgerís 2014 shooting spree.

Firearms remain the weapon of choice for extremists who kill. Guns were responsible for 42 of the 50 deaths in 2018, followed by blades or edged weapons.
Anyone credible care to weigh in and refute these findings?

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:19 AM   #2
joeski3d

Some eye opening statistics

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:28 AM   #3
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
I only respond to posts from credible forum members. Sorry.
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child ó miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.--PJ O'Rourke
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:29 AM   #4
joeski3d

Too late.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
joeski3d

On that note:
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/23/68804...man-with-sword

Quote:
The self-avowed racist explained he committed the murder in Manhattan because it is a global media capital and expected the coverage would garner widespread support for his cause; his intention was to "inspire white men to kill black men, to scare black men, and to provoke a race war."

Caughman, who was collecting recyclable bottles at the time that Jackson repeatedly plunged a sword into his chest, was a variable in the younger man's plan. According to Jackson, he had been stalking another victim but lost his nerve and chose Caughman at random, not realizing he was an elderly man.

His plan had been to murder "a young thug" or "a successful older black man with blondes ... these younger guys that put white girls on the wrong path," he told The Daily News.

Ballbusters Inc.

Last edited by joeski3d; 01-24-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:33 AM   #6
joeski3d

Damn... the race baiters don't even want to touch on this one.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #7
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
The numbers are so small that it's not worth talking about. A person in the US probably has a higher chance of drowning while simultaneously being struck by lighting and bitten by a shark.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #8
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
uuuu can we do homicide by race next?
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #9
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

ss
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:58 AM   #10
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
The numbers are so small that it's not worth talking about. A person in the US probably has a higher chance of drowning while simultaneously being struck by lighting and bitten by a shark.
Kind of like being killed by some radical islamic terrorist in the US

Or being killed by an AR15

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

ss
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #11
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Kind of like being killed by some radical islamic terrorist in the US

Or being killed by an AR15
Yup.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:06 AM   #12
joeski3d

Quote:
One contributor here (won't name names) starts all kinds of threads about even smaller in number groups that do bad things. And many of those threads stay active.

Ballbusters Inc.

Last edited by joeski3d; 01-24-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:07 AM   #13
VaderDave
Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
One contributor here (won't name names) starts all kinds of threads about even smaller in number groups that do bad things. And many of those threads stay active.
Oh, you're more than welcome to keep the thread active.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:18 AM   #14
joeski3d

Quote:
Oh, you're more than welcome to keep the thread active.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:26 AM   #15
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
so your response is to do the same exact thing he does that you bitch about constantly....
Old 01-24-2019, 12:14 PM   #16
joeski3d

Quote:
so your response is to do the same exact thing he does that you bitch about constantly....
Not at all, you goofy twat. Look below the surface. The response is to put his racist BS into perspective. He never mentions these crimes because they don't fit his narrative. If the white supremacist sword slayer yelled allahu akbar before stabbing his victim to death he would be all over that story using it to justify his rage.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #17
joeski3d

Quote:
AoG already has that covered.

Ballbusters Inc.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #18
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
If you want to make a statement that we all ought to get on board to fight poverty, I'm with you. If you want to say that we ought to fight income inequality I'm not with you at all. Because I don't think that the rich guy stole from the poor guy. In fact rich people don't get rich by stealing from poor people because it turns out poor people don't have money.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #19
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
Not at all, you goofy twat. Look below the surface. The response is to put his racist BS into perspective. He never mentions these crimes because they don't fit his narrative. If the white supremacist sword slayer yelled allahu akbar before stabbing his victim to death he would be all over that story using it to justify his rage.
why do you care? i thought you liberlas were some sort of supreme beings....why do you preoccupy yourself with actions and beliefs of some sub human?
Old 01-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #20
joeski3d

Quote:
why do you care? i thought you liberlas were some sort of supreme beings....why do you preoccupy yourself with actions and beliefs of some sub human?
What can I say? I care when someone blows some racist crap out of proportion in order to pen legislation, support a war or hell, killing someone that looks different or prays to a different god.

Ballbusters Inc.