Virginia Beach mass shooting - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #21
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Would he have done the same if it was a white dude in a red hat?
Why? Planning something?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:10 PM   #22
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
Why? Planning something?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #23
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Why? Planning something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
He has been rather unhinged lately

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #24
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
He has been rather unhinged lately
All of his politalk posts will serve as his manifesto.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #25
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Effing impressionable Trump "looking at" banning "silencers" now...sigh

Nothing worse than policy determined in the wake of tragedy
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #26
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:

How many tragedies need to happen before we start changing laws?
Old 06-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #27
SamDoe1

Quote:

Would banning suppressors have any appreciable effect on your life or the life of your loved ones?
Old 06-06-2019, 04:34 PM   #28
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Quote:
Why? Planning something?
Fvck

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:34 PM   #29
evolved

My Ride: 2015 Chevy SS
Quote:
Would banning suppressors have any appreciable effect on your life or the life of your loved ones?
To play devils advocate, would banning them have stopped this VA Beach disgruntled worker?

Present
2015 Chevrolet SS
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #30
Hobohunter

My Ride: Mustang GT
Year: 2016
Transmission: Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
How many tragedies need to happen before we start changing laws?
Yep, we've totally not changed any gun laws.

Also, what's the point of banning suppressors? There's literally no reason it should be illegal to make guns slightly quieter. They certainly aren't more dangerous when you drop their decibels a bit.
Hobohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #31
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
New rule, you can't talk about banning silencers until you understand what they do
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Old 06-06-2019, 05:47 PM   #32
Act of God

Quote:
Yes, further loss of constitutional rights
Old 06-06-2019, 10:24 PM   #33
SamDoe1

Quote:
Yes, further loss of constitutional rights
Please point out where in the constitution it mentions your right to have a suppressor.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:13 PM   #34
Hobohunter

Quote:
Please point out where in the constitution it mentions your right to have a suppressor.
I don't think that's how the constitution works. Point out where it says it's up to the government if you can have one or not.

It's an asinine thing to ban. It drops a gunshot by about 24. Big deal. That's about the difference between a jet taking off and being next to a garbage truck. It's not stealthy, it's mildly quieter. If anything, it makes concealing a weapon more difficult as it adds a significant length.

(edited to add "have one" to the end of the first sentence)

Last edited by Hobohunter; 06-06-2019 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:08 AM   #35
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Does this not conflict with the "no obligation to protect" thing?

Ethics aside, I'm not sure how this is legitimate from a legal side.

Isn’t Warren v D. C. Police the case that clears Peterson of a duty to protect the students as individuals?
Old 06-07-2019, 12:22 AM   #36
Act of God

Quote:
Dos
Old 06-07-2019, 07:30 AM   #37
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:

And what did a suppressor contribute to his rampage? The cops were able to find and engage him quickly.

He had a suppressed 45 and one without one. The suppressed one would still sound like a Hilti nailer or a 22. Unless you conclude that the softer crack of a 22.

The suppressor probably made it easier to locate him as when indoors, a large caliber handgun round reverberates and makes determining the exact location of the shooter difficult. The suppressed gunfire would be much easier to pinpoint.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:03 PM   #38
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Now that bump stocks are outlawed, there are no more mass shootings...

...oh wait
ed17331 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:45 PM   #39
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobohunter View Post
I don't think that's how the constitution works. Point out where it says it's up to the government if you can have one or not.

It's an asinine thing to ban. It drops a gunshot by about 24. Big deal. That's about the difference between a jet taking off and being next to a garbage truck. It's not stealthy, it's mildly quieter. If anything, it makes concealing a weapon more difficult as it adds a significant length.

(edited to add "have one" to the end of the first sentence)
So...what's the point in having one then? If they choose to ban then it will have negligible effect is what you're saying right? So then let them have at it.

Also, I'm not quite sure you know how the constitution and laws work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
And what did a suppressor contribute to his rampage? The cops were able to find and engage him quickly.

He had a suppressed 45 and one without one. The suppressed one would still sound like a Hilti nailer or a 22. Unless you conclude that the softer crack of a 22.

The suppressor probably made it easier to locate him as when indoors, a large caliber handgun round reverberates and makes determining the exact location of the shooter difficult. The suppressed gunfire would be much easier to pinpoint.
Calm down snowflake, I frankly don't GAF about suppressors. They really have no tangible value to anyone outside of the military for the exact reasons you stated. The only reason to have one is to say that you have one which is the exact same reason to have many of the weapons and associated weapon accessories on the market. All you're doing is making a case that banning them won't really change much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
Isn’t Warren v D. C. Police the case that clears Peterson of a duty to protect the students as individuals?
That was my thought...which is why I was confused when this happened.

Quote:
Dos
You're really not a lawyer right?

Also, careful with the Spanish. Trump may deport you.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:43 PM   #40
Hobohunter

So...what's the point in having one then? If they choose to ban then it will have negligible effect is what you're saying right? So then let them have at it.

Also, I'm not quite sure you know how the constitution and laws work...

Are you for real, Sam? If it will have no negligible effect, that is reason enough that it shouldn't be done. It would be a waste of time, and in turn more useful legislation will not be passed as the clowns in DC try and do this.

As to why have one? You can shoot without needing hearing protection, or even better you can shoot with hearing protection and reduce the risk to your hearing. Or, my personal favorite reason, because you can.

And it sounds like you may be the one confused about how the Constitution and laws work. The Constitution places limits on what the federal government can do, it does not list things that citizens may own. Can you point out any phrase in the Constitution that lists what a citizen may buy or own?

Calm down snowflake, I frankly don't GAF about suppressors. They really have no tangible value to anyone outside of the military for the exact reasons you stated. The only reason to have one is to say that you have one which is the exact same reason to have many of the weapons and associated weapon accessories on the market. All you're doing is making a case that banning them won't really change much.

If banning them won't change anything, then there's simply no reason to ban them. If there's no reason to ban them, it's a stupid waste of time and freedoms to do so.