BEWARE MEMBER "JDMLOL" Name: Colby Greening - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
twiggyapt

My Ride: E36 M3
BEWARE MEMBER "JDMLOL" Name: Colby Greening

BEWARE SCAM/ DISHONOR MEMBER “Colby Greening” aka “JDMLOL” on E46Fantastic. DO NOT trust/deal with this guy..

Long story short, he contacted me regarding a set of Dinan suspension I had for sale ($600 + Shipping) about a month back… Told me he really needed the suspension due to his blown struts/ shocks and upcoming business trip he had to attend… however, he could only do $400 at the moment and would pay for the remaining balance ($280) on the 21st of March when he got paid. I hesitated but he told me he would sign any kind of agreement/ obligation to proof that he was not a scam also along with a picture of his driver’s license… Due to having good faith in people and helping out another fella car enthusiast, I agreed to do him the favor (first time I have never done for anyone)… the $400 bucks was transferred via Paypal as an instant transfer… However, He sent me an “echeck” via paypal on the 21st, and the check was declined on the 26th.. tried calling/ text him regarding the situation but he was not being responsive at all.. A few days passed by.. He is now ignoring my calls and text completely…

Anyone on here knows him personally? And Colby Greening, you need to be a man of your words and do the right thing…. You're not making friends acting like this and good luck with future relationship with any kinda of BMW groups and forums..

fml..
twiggyapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
Arnezie

My Ride: 04 325XI
That sucks. I hate deadbeats

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Arnezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
twiggyapt

seriously... he is now completely MIA... really shady guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
Alex323Ci
OE ///MEMBER PLUS

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
doesn't sound like a very elaborate scam, more like his check didn't clear.

also seems like you have enough info and paper trail to take to court. people who scam don't do as much as he did to give you faith in him. I hope this works out for you both quickly and it's just a misunderstanding.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
twiggyapt

Hi Alex323Ci..

As much as i dont wanna list him as "scam". it was a red flag when he did the "echeck" via paypal instead of instant transfer on the second payment.. when the check declined, it took me a lot of work to get a hold of him and only to find out that " hes been having problems with that chase account since they changed something for tax purpose. and he would TRY and get the instant transfer done later on that night".. Justify from how extremely difficult to get a hold of him comparing when he begged me for the favor at the beginning, and justifying from his response, I highly doubt it is just a misunderstanding..

i could take him to the court with all the evidence and a copy of his driver license, however, Im in CA and he is in Utah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post

also seems like you have enough info and paper trail to take to court. people who scam don't do as much as he did to give you faith in him. I hope this works out for you both quickly and it's just a misunderstanding.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
twiggyapt

And he did give me a lot of "faith" in him as I am fairly cautious at all times..

it took me a lot of msg back and forth and a lot of convincing on his end to make me decide to do him the favor..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post

Old 04-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #7
aarondb4

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CI Vert
Get going on a Paypal dispute if possible. If not you can contact your city fraud department or the city fraud department where he resides and get him criminally charged.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
aarondb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #8
ezys

My Ride: 06 325Ci
This guy live in chicago yea? I see a guy always come to meets in a lsb m3 with plates jdmlol is it the same guy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ezys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #9
twiggyapt

since the echeck was declined on the 26th.. now the status on the echeck is pending and i will not find out if it clears or not (highly doubt it will clear) til the 7th of April.. is there a way i can tell paypal to instant transfer the amount on the echeck ($280) ?

He lives in Utah and for the last result, I will contact the city where he lives and have him criminally charged.. People like this needs to get the karma he deserves..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondb4 View Post
Get going on a Paypal dispute if possible. If not you can contact your city fraud department or the city fraud department where he resides and get him criminally charged.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #10
twiggyapt

He lives in Utah and drives a silver M3.. man i wish it was the same guy so you can spread the words for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezys View Post
This guy live in chicago yea? I see a guy always come to meets in a lsb m3 with plates jdmlol is it the same guy?
Old 04-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #11
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
so, you sent the item even though the echeck had not clear? if you did, it wasn't very smart move from your part..

Also can code your car
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #12
twiggyapt

Id definitely not send out the suspension if the check wasnt cleared... however, it was a payment plan that he was begging me to do.. $400 as the first payment (which he did it via paypal instant transfer) and $280 on the 21st (echeck. which it did not clear)...

it really sucks cause it took him a lot of convincing for me to do this big favor for him.. He was desperate for new suspension regarding the upcoming business trip and as how cautious of a guy i am, I do tend to give people benefit of the doubt too easily..

Quote:
Originally Posted by haurelio View Post
so, you sent the item even though the echeck had not clear? if you did, it wasn't very smart move from your part..
Old 04-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
twiggyapt

see below for his last msg before we kept communicate via phones

Hey man, sorry for never getting back to you. Didnt even realize you had messaged me. The cars been having some fun issues the past few weeks so I've been focusing on that. Just got to replace the vanos -___-

ANYWAYS, I see your down to 600. I'm 100% ok with that price. I do need the car for a work trip next week to Colorado so the suspension needs to get done. What I can do and if it doesn't work for ya I completely understand; I can give 350 now shipped to me via fastest method possible, With the contingency that I pay the remainder on the 21st of this month(pay period). Willing to sign any form of agreement obligating myself to that remaining payment. Please get back to me ASAP. Thanks a lot.

-Colby
661 433 1794
Old 04-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #14
Swater330i

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
Glad to see you aren't going to put up with him and are actually going to do something about it. Good luck in your pursuit sir!
This 323 would most likely handle and drive better than a stock e46 m3.
Swater330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #15
twiggyapt

thank you! I always have good faith in people and situation like this makes me really upset and disappointed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swater330i View Post
Glad to see you aren't going to put up with him and are actually going to do something about it. Good luck in your pursuit sir!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #16
TheRarp

My Ride: 02 - 325Ci
E46Fantastic?

TheRarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #17
MachRc
is married again

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
IIt be hard for me to trust someone who joined this year with less then ten posts.

but he is selling this:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&sid=72770&ad=27974260

heres his facebook, get your money back
https://www.facebook.com/colby.greening?fref=ts

"My music Sicily, rich California smell. An axe killer adventure, paint a picture well. I sing a song from Sing-Sing
sipping on ginseng. Righteous wax chaperon rotating ring kings.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #18
twiggyapt

E46s are fantastic... but i meant E46Fanatics..

oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRarp View Post
E46Fantastic?
Old 04-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #19
twiggyapt

Thank you. He is also active on a FB group called "Utah BMW Enthusiast" and i have tagged him on my post regarding the situation... now just waiting on his end if he ever decides to claim in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
IIt be hard for me to trust someone who joined this year with less then ten posts.

but he is selling this:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&sid=72770&ad=27974260

heres his facebook, get your money back
https://www.facebook.com/colby.greening?fref=ts
Old 04-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #20
TheRarp

My Ride: 02 - 325Ci
This is a great community - I believe this issue will get resolved, OP will receive his money. Colby will apologize for any misunderstanding, delay in communication and/or any concern around the transaction. At the end all parties engaged will be happy and satisfied with the outcome and most important the takeaway from the experience which add value to life in general.

TheRarp is offline   Reply With Quote