Gotta love FCPEuro.. And their screw ups - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
jeepo23

My Ride: 2008 X3, 6 Speed
Gotta love FCPEuro.. And their screw ups

Well after tearing into my car to remove the fuel pump I head over to the post office to get my package from them that contains numerous items.

Only to find that the actual fuel pump itself is missing from the package. This isn't the first time these guys screwed up my order and forgot stuff.. they have lost me as a customer.

This is ridiculous, on top of being in Canada I'll get to wait now another 10 days for this pump.

Their shipping logistic departments clearly needs to be shaken up and fixed.

Last edited by jeepo23; 04-19-2015 at 12:05 PM.
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
Loaded325i

My Ride: bmw 325i
Why don't you get the pump at the dealer
2004 BMW 325i CW,PP and Sports Package
1996 toyota avalon-263,000-Sold
2003 Lexus Is300-Sold
2000 Acura TL-Sold
2000 Accord 5 speed-Sold
Loaded325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #3
JasonLI25t

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded325i View Post
i can't speak for canada, but our local dealers want $312 and $274 respectively for an OEM pump. When you can get an OEM vdo for $150 or less...no reason to waste money like that except in an emergency. Other areas might have friendlier dealers with less markups.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JasonLI25t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #4
BMWCaptain

Location: TEXAS - Circuit of the Americas doing laps with my M5 and coming in for a pit stop.
My Ride: 03 330iT SportWagon
You should call Pam at FCPEURO.COM to see if they can get you the pump overnight or at least 2 day.

BMWCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:33 PM   #5
Ceric

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded325i View Post
Because he is from Canada.

One thing that people who don't live in Canada don't understand about this place is the "canada tax" we get to pay for every day just because we live here. And no, I am not talking about the sales tax, or even income tax. No. This is a mysterious little tax that you pay for simply existing in Canada. Where does it come from? Who the **** knows. What is it? It's the fact that everything here costs a metric ****ton more than anywhere else in the modern world, even though we live on the same continent as the States, and share the world's longest land border with.

So, how much does an E46 fuel pump cost at the dealership in Canada you ask?

Well, I am glad you asked. Because it costs $555.00 CAD +tax. So that is 627.15 CAD, or 512.29 US Dollars.

http://parts.endrasbmw.ca/p/BMW_2005...146766942.html

Welcome to Canada, eh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ceric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:39 PM   #6
jeepo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCaptain View Post
You should call Pam at FCPEURO.COM to see if they can get you the pump overnight or at least 2 day.

I've already emailed them, believe their closed today. I also included the CEO as his email address is on FCPEuro so he gets to see the kind of crap that's going on.

I sure hope they send it over night or something considering i can't put the old pump back in as I took it out and placed it on grass/dirt so its covered in $hit now so..

And now my BMW will smell of fuel on top of that also I plugged it with some rags and placed the cover over it for the time being..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceric View Post

One thing that people who don't live in Canada don't understand about this place is the "canada tax" we get to pay for every day just because we live here. And no, I am not talking about the sales tax, or even income tax. No. This is a mysterious little tax that you pay for simply existing in Canada. Where does it come from? Who the **** knows. What is it? It's the fact that everything here costs a metric ****ton more than anywhere else in the modern world, even though we live on the same continent as the States, and share the world's longest land border with.

So, how much does an E46 fuel pump cost at the dealership in Canada you ask?

Well, I am glad you asked. Because it costs $555.00 CAD +tax. So that is 627.15 CAD, or 512.29 US Dollars.

http://parts.endrasbmw.ca/p/BMW_2005...146766942.html

Welcome to Canada, eh.
Yah my dealer wanted close to 500$ for it locally.. VIVA LA CANADA!

Last edited by jeepo23; 04-19-2015 at 04:24 PM.
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #7
philliplong

My Ride: 325Ci M54B30 6 Speed
Year: 2002
Model: 325Ci
Transmission: Manual
That's really odd. I have ordered from them numerous times without an issue. I wish you luck in resolving your issue with them!

philliplong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #8
jeepo23

Well I'll be sure to update this thread tomorrow after I call them and we will see how they fix this issue.

Is there a fcpEuro guy on this forum here?
Old 04-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #9
WDE46

My Ride: '13 128i STX
Does the packing list have fuel pump on it? Did you get two tracking numbers? Is it back ordered?

FCP Euro has an account here, but just call them on Monday.

WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #10
jeepo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Does the packing list have fuel pump on it? Did you get two tracking numbers? Is it back ordered?

FCP Euro has an account here, but just call them on Monday.

Yah it's shown on the packaging list and ticked off.. No only one tracking number.

No one told me about it being back ordered.

This is the same way last time I ordered and they screwed up, all was on the packaging list and someone even checked it off however no sign of the actual item
Old 04-19-2015, 10:51 PM   #11
invisible man

My Ride: invisible car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceric View Post

Canada doesn't make anything that the rest of the world wants/needs/doesn't already have. Therefore, they have less power on the trading table. So when Canada wants the same stuff everyone else has without having anything to barter with, they have to pay for it. Don't like it? Then make something the rest of the world wants.

Last edited by invisible man; 04-19-2015 at 10:54 PM.
invisible man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:00 AM   #12
Ceric

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible man View Post
Canada doesn't make anything that the rest of the world wants/needs/doesn't already have. Therefore, they have less power on the trading table. So when Canada wants the same stuff everyone else has without having anything to barter with, they have to pay for it. Don't like it? Then make something the rest of the world wants.
Top Canadian Exports to the World (2014)
  1. Oil: $128.9 billion (27.2% of total exports)
  2. Vehicles: $59.8 billion (12.6%)
  3. Machines, engines, pumps: $32.6 billion (6.9%)
  4. Gems, precious metals, coins: $21.5 billion (4.5%)
  5. Electronic equipment: $13.6 billion (2.9%)
  6. Plastics: $13.2 billion (2.8%)
  7. Wood: $12.7 billion (2.7%)
  8. Aircraft, spacecraft: $12.4 billion (2.6%)
  9. Aluminum: $8.9 billion (1.9%)
  10. Grains: $8.8 billion (1.8%)

Top US Exports to the World (2014)
  1. Machines, engines, pumps: $219.6 billion (13.5% of total)
  2. Electronic equipment: $172 billion (10.6%)
  3. Oil: $157.2 billion (9.7%)
  4. Vehicles: $135.8 billion (8.4%)
  5. Aircraft, spacecraft: $124.8 billion (7.7%)
  6. Medical, technical equipment: $84.9 billion (5.2%)
  7. Gems, precious metals, coins: $65.5 billion (4%)
  8. Plastics: $63 billion (3.9%)
  9. Pharmaceuticals: $44 billion (2.7%)
  10. Organic chemicals: $42.3 billion (2.6%)

Don't know what you are talking about? Make a conscious effort to educate yourself on the subject matter before making a fool out of oneself.

Ceric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:38 AM   #13
FCPEuro
Sponsor

My Ride: E92 LCI M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepo23 View Post
Well after tearing into my car to remove the fuel pump I head over to the post office to get my package from them that contains numerous items.

Only to find that the actual fuel pump itself is missing from the package. This isn't the first time these guys screwed up my order and forgot stuff.. they have lost me as a customer.

This is ridiculous, on top of being in Canada I'll get to wait now another 10 days for this pump.

Their shipping logistic departments clearly needs to be shaken up and fixed.
I'm sorry to hear you had an issue on your most recent order. Our customer service staff has already reached out to you and we will do everything we can to make this right for you. If there is anything else I can do for you please feel free to reach out to me directly through PM here or [email protected].

FCPEuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:49 AM   #14
KendrickC

My Ride: '03 325i
Year: 2003
Model: 325i
Transmission: 6MT
I've had quite pleasant experiences with FCP to be honest. They have a lot of parts that I can't find with reasonable prices here.

'03 325 6MT Estoril Blue

KendrickC is offline   Reply With Quote