Russian Involvement in Election? - Page 383 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #7641
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 148
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
NYT: Oops, we fake newsed again

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...e-polling-data
New York Times corrects report on which oligarchs Paul Manafort wanted to give polling data
No, that isn't "fake news," that's a reporting error which was quickly and publically noted and corrected.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:14 PM   #7642
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 37
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Conspiracy is a specific intent crime, look it up. Sharing polling, internal/external/whatever is not a crime at all. In fact, you can't even demonstrate how Manafort sharing polling data HELPS the Trump campaign. If the Russians were giving special polling data TO Trump, maybe I could see the argument. The way it happened, no chance.

Also, the person who received the poling data is alleged to be an intelligence officer. This is according to your own sources, so buck up kiddo.

Also, your whole "defraud the United States" has NEVER been interpreted the way you are trying to claim. Please, stay out of adult discussions.
You really are as dumb as a rock, so again I’ll ask you, how did you ever become a lawyer?

Do you really not see how Russians working to help Trump’s campaign benefit from receiving internal polling data? If Russians were spending millions to spread fake news, releasing hacked information, attacking democrats, helping Trump and they knew exactly which people to target (thanks to internal polling data)... you don’t think that helps the Trump campaign? The person who received the data is Konstantin Kilimnik, identified as a GRU intelligence officer and wanted by the United States.

Defraud the United States has never been used this way, because this specific act has never happened, to the knowledge of the United States. That does not make it illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsman11868 View Post
Thanks for confirming that the source of the data is unknown but appears to have could have come from Uranus.
Thanks for confirming that if you have no basis for an argument you will just make one up. The question was never about the source of the data, it was about whether the polling data was public, as AoG stated, or internal as the news articles stated. Not whether it was sourced from within the Trump campaign or elsewhere.
__________________
- Alex
Shaban is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #7643
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 37
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Russian Involvement in Election?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
..


Ah yes, the super smart DNC had a plan all along to do something illegal in order to get the FBI to work for them. Do you read your own comments?

The DNC hired a firm to do opposition research, which is very normal in a campaign, that firm (who was initially hired by the conservative Washington free beacon) hired a foreign national (who just so happens to also work with the FBI from time to time), he wrote the dossier and didn’t give it to the DNC, but instead handed it to the FBI. Was he directed by the DNC to do that? Was this 30+ year veteran of MI6 willing to throw his life away to write a fake report because the DNC asked him to?

As for whether Trump or his campaign knew of the meeting they took? Obviously, since his campaign manager, son, and son-in-law were involved. Was that reported to the FBI? Why not? Why defend a blatantly wrong action?
__________________
- Alex

Last edited by Shaban; 01-09-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Shaban is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:08 PM   #7644
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Here's a modest proposal: maybe post in this thread when:

1) Mueller finally releases his report on Trump and the campaign
2) Mueller actually indicts someone in the campaign or someone flips on Trump
3) Trump is indicted or articles of impeachment are lodged by Congress
4) Trump is vindicated
5) Some other major thing happens

Right now this thread is like listening to two people argue about who won the 2019 Super Bowl and why that team won, based just on reading the stats for the last 10 seasons.
Remember when it was "proven" that Cohen went to Prague and it was DRUMP IS DONE? I remember noting that the story would disappear in 2 days...
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:09 PM   #7645
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
Defraud the United States has never been used this way, because this specific act has never happened, to the knowledge of the United States. That does not make it illegal.
Ted Kennedy reaches out to Russia to defeat Reagan
Hillary Clinton pays for Russian dirt on Trump

try harder
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:14 PM   #7646
swordsman11868
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,820
My Ride: 2003 325i
Transmission: Autotragic
The premise of this thread is slowly dying by a thousand cuts.

But it’s definitely dying.


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm just here to change the world.
BMW Wiki:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2016 Beheadings in Saudi Arabia: 92.
swordsman11868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:31 PM   #7647
ed17331
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 20
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
...and disgraceful Rod Rosenstein is finally on his way out of office as Deputy AG. Good.
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:10 AM   #7648
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 37
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
...and disgraceful Rod Rosenstein is finally on his way out of office as Deputy AG. Good.
After the Mueller report comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Ted Kennedy reaches out to Russia to defeat Reagan

Hillary Clinton pays for Russian dirt on Trump



try harder
You’ve been debunked about the Kennedy story a 1,000 times, give it up.

Hillary Clinton did not reach out to Russia for dirt on Trump, I would love to see that transcript. You failed, as usual.
__________________
- Alex
Shaban is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #7649
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
After the Mueller report comes out.



You’ve been debunked about the Kennedy story a 1,000 times, give it up.

Hillary Clinton did not reach out to Russia for dirt on Trump, I would love to see that transcript. You failed, as usual.
Kennedy has not been debunked other than you claiming "its russian you can't believe it"

Hillary clinton did not reach out, you are right, she straight up paid a brit to do it for her.

Again, do you yet realize the Trump Jr meeting was a Fusion GPS setup?
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #7650
Cabrio330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 166
My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Remember when it was "proven" that Cohen went to Prague and it was DRUMP IS DONE? I remember noting that the story would disappear in 2 days...
Just admit you were wrong. It disappeared in 1 day.
__________________
Quote:
The world began to crumble when feelings started overruling facts.--Ricky Gervais
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #7651
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your gf's front hole
Posts: 356
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Just admit you were wrong. It disappeared in 1 day.
ah the old CBS fact check


LOL DRUMPF SAID ONLY 33% WERE RAPED, ACHTULLLY IT 80% LULZ
__________________
“The left does not win its battles in debate. It doesn’t have to. In the twenty-first century, media is everything. The left wins because it controls the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the media. The left is the media. Narrative is everything,” - Andrew Breitbart
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #7652
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 37
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Kennedy has not been debunked other than you claiming "its russian you can't believe it"



Hillary clinton did not reach out, you are right, she straight up paid a brit to do it for her.



Again, do you yet realize the Trump Jr meeting was a Fusion GPS setup?


Kennedy story has been debunked because the only thing that claims it allegedly happened was a memo from the head of the soviet intelligence agency. Everyone involved has denied it, there is no evidence whatsoever that a meeting was set up or took place, there has been nothing to corroborate it.

Based on your conclusion of that memo, you must also believe that everything in the Steele dossier is true, since none of it has been debunked. Parts of it have been verified, but nothing debunked.

Also, the Trump Jr meeting was not a fusion gps set up, that’s just what your buddies at the_donald and Q want to believe. Fusion never forced Trump Jr to take a meeting with a Russian representing the Russian government to receive aid in the election.

Also, Hillary Clinton did not pay a Brit to meet with Russians to receive dirt on Trump.

Again, you failed. How many times do you have to fail before you admit what a fvcking moron you are?
__________________
- Alex
Shaban is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #7653
ed17331
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 20
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
Kennedy story has been debunked because the only thing that claims it allegedly happened was a memo from the head of the soviet intelligence agency. Everyone involved has denied it, there is no evidence whatsoever that a meeting was set up or took place, there has been nothing to corroborate it.

Based on your conclusion of that memo, you must also believe that everything in the Steele dossier is true, since none of it has been debunked. Parts of it have been verified, but nothing debunked.

Also, the Trump Jr meeting was not a fusion gps set up, that’s just what your buddies at the_donald and Q want to believe. Fusion never forced Trump Jr to take a meeting with a Russian representing the Russian government to receive aid in the election.

Also, Hillary Clinton did not pay a Brit to meet with Russians to receive dirt on Trump.

Again, you failed. How many times do you have to fail before you admit what a fvcking moron you are?

“Also, the Trump Jr meeting was not a fusion gps set up...” because you say so?

“Fusion never forced Trump Jr to take a meeting with a Russian representing the Russian government to receive aid in the election.”
This is not evidence that it was not a set up. Try again.
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #7654
Cabrio330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 166
My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
“Also, the Trump Jr meeting was not a fusion gps set up...” because you say so?

“Fusion never forced Trump Jr to take a meeting with a Russian representing the Russian government to receive aid in the election.”
This is not evidence that it was not a set up. Try again.
I would like to say something nice here: he is unshakable in his certainty on the entire matter.
__________________
Quote:
The world began to crumble when feelings started overruling facts.--Ricky Gervais
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #7655
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 12,055
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
I would like to say something nice here: he is unshakable in his certainty on the entire matter.
The ghost of Bertrand Russell is weeping.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #7656
Cabrio330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 166
My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
The ghost of Bertrand Russell is weeping.
I thought he'd be applauding.
__________________
Quote:
The world began to crumble when feelings started overruling facts.--Ricky Gervais
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #7657
Shaban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 37
My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
“Also, the Trump Jr meeting was not a fusion gps set up...” because you say so?

“Fusion never forced Trump Jr to take a meeting with a Russian representing the Russian government to receive aid in the election.”
This is not evidence that it was not a set up. Try again.
And you think that Glenn Simpson having a dinner, with multiple people that also happened to include the Russian lawyer is evidence of a set-up? First dinner was a client meeting and second was a social gathering with a mutual friend (Mark Cymrot).

Try again.
__________________
- Alex
Shaban is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:21 PM   #7658
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 148
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
And you think that Glenn Simpson having a dinner, with multiple people that also happened to include the Russian lawyer is evidence of a set-up? First dinner was a client meeting and second was a social gathering with a mutual friend (Mark Cymrot).

Try again.
I'm sure they just kinda randomly bumped into each other, purely innocent.

Leave to the MSM "Fake News" to sully this Trump/Putin congeniality.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #7659
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 12,055
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
The problem is that you guys aren't popular. You don't understand how the popular kids are. They all just like to hang out together, all the time.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:56 PM   #7660
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 148
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
The problem is that you guys aren't popular. You don't understand how the popular kids are. They all just like to hang out together, all the time.
I hadn't realized how popular Putin's pawns are, um, in certain circles. Guess I need to get out more.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) 1999 - VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.