Central Vacuums Suck! - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2018, 07:58 AM   #41
boostedisbetter

My Ride: eIght tHoSnd 200!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post

I did have ducks taking shits in my pool, but that stopped when I placed an alligator plush on the diving board(has turned white though from UV light)
You missed the boat man, a .22LR would have provided some great dinners.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #42
clk500

My Ride: 2010 Acura TSX
What about the ecovacs N79? On sale on Amazon for $160.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 04-24-2018, 04:22 PM   #43
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon, E92 M3
The D80 got here yesterday and after letting it charge for a few hours I gave it a test run. The dogs, while initially curious, were sufficiently nonplussed after about 15 minutes, so much so that they laid around and watched it do its thing. It hit 3 rooms and half of the living room before having to make its way back home and was full of dirt and hair when I emptied it. I was pretty surprised at how much dirt there was, the hair not so much. Needless to say I was impressed with what it was able to pick up, especially considering it didn't hit the rug where the dogs lay. I was blown away at how easily it made its way back to the base when it was done, and some reading lead me to the fact that it's running Neato's proprietary SLAM algorithm. I had to implement a really shitty SLAM on a cheap robot in grad school and it's no easy task. Their wall following scheme is as good as what I saw on my parents' Roomba 980, too. i'm glad you guys talked me into this instead of the Roomba I posted about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by cowmoo32; 04-24-2018 at 04:24 PM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:03 AM   #44
choxor

My Ride: Redneck Truck
Once you see how much it continues to pick up, you'll wonder how your nasty ass ever lived without one.

choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:47 AM   #45
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon, E92 M3
It ran while I was at work yesterday and holy sh!t. The floors didn't even look that dirty...

cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #46
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
The D80 got here yesterday and after letting it charge for a few hours I gave it a test run. The dogs, while initially curious, were sufficiently nonplussed after about 15 minutes, so much so that they laid around and watched it do its thing. It hit 3 rooms and half of the living room before having to make its way back home and was full of dirt and hair when I emptied it. I was pretty surprised at how much dirt there was, the hair not so much. Needless to say I was impressed with what it was able to pick up, especially considering it didn't hit the rug where the dogs lay. I was blown away at how easily it made its way back to the base when it was done, and some reading lead me to the fact that it's running Neato's proprietary SLAM algorithm. I had to implement a really shitty SLAM on a cheap robot in grad school and it's no easy task. Their wall following scheme is as good as what I saw on my parents' Roomba 980, too. i'm glad you guys talked me into this instead of the Roomba I posted about.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #47
JohnTaylor02

I used to have a Roomba from a previous generation, but I didn't like it. The quality of the cleaning did not impress me. All the same, it is better to buy a vertical vacuum cleaner. That's exactly what I did. I bought Shark Rocket DeluxePro and am now very pleased with the result. Although I need to vacuum the whole house myself, Iím sure that I will collect all the garbage and dust. I decided to buy such a vacuum cleaner when I looked at it at https://cleanersexpert.com/best-vacu...rdwood-floors/. There I saw on a living example the abilities of this vacuum cleaner.
JohnTaylor02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #48
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E46 ZHP TS2+ Coupe
Mrs. SPDSKTR is on a Shark Apex kick. It has brushes, soft rollers, can be detached and used like a portable, etc. From what we've read, it's a close rival to a Dyson, but it is corded, so...

SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:25 AM   #49
Carryon

My Ride: Noah
I have use Roomba and irobot vacuum cleaner already. They are good enough I dont' have any complaint against them. Right Now I have bought a new one for my new house Dyson Vacuum Cleaner. I have been using this one over 3 months. No issue at all. Happy to use this one.
Carryon is offline   Reply With Quote