Z00 progress thread - Page 101 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 02:09 AM   #2001
z00
Banned User

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I got better $hit to worry about than to go take pics. I have no big mirrors in my apt so I'm waiting till I go to the gym. I'm traveling most of next week, I have not packed yet. Do I worry about taking a topless pic for OT or about going on in my life. Jeez

Do you have a worm up your ass? What's up with the douche attitude? Snap out of it bro.

I don't live to lift, I lift 3-4 times a week and I'm happy where I'm. Of course improvement is always welcome, thanks to some members on here that have helped me a lot.

Either contribute something useful or get the fvck out. I think fast food and sugar got to your brain.

And no, I like the leanness, looks, and speed of my body better, even tough you're like 40lbs heavier. Not into bulky look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
I fail to see what any of that cocky hype was about. And if you're so amazing right now, why can't you snap a picture and show up instead of waiting?

Get your head out of your ass, put some real work in, get some real results and maybe you'll get an ounce or 2 of respect around here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by z00; 08-08-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:59 AM   #2002
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
You're the one that talked about how amazing you are, how much better you got in a matter of 2 weeks and how you're so much better than everyone else and look so much better. Pretty strong claims to follow with a 5 week old pic

I was asked, so I delivered, in detail where I'm at, my weak points, my improvements and what I'm doing.

Last edited by Trashcan; 08-08-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #2003
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
You go down 2-3 times faster than me. Looks like you're being good about not bouncing from the bottom, but I much prefer slow, controlled movements both down and back up. Not saying it was sloppy fast down, but I believe longer negative reps on all big lifts are important and very beneficial (I know we disagree on this, not on the actual concept, but the amount we individually value it) . Careful on that forward lean on the last couple. Overall that was still quality work, a quality set and pretty quality form.

I move fast on purpose. My goal is to get that weight back up not really take advantage of the eccentric portion. Although I do mix in some of this stuff. You are right about the lean though. I am def conscious of that. Thanks for the tips

z00, I would be willing to write you a program if you wanted. But don't be like that other dude on here who I wont name who wanted a program and didn't do it or ever communicate with me about it.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #2004
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I move fast on purpose. My goal is to get that weight back up not really take advantage of the eccentric portion. Although I do mix in some of this stuff. You are right about the lean though. I am def conscious of that. Thanks for the tips

Same. For me it's always about moving heavy weight as fast as possible and being athletic. I've probably lost out on some hypertrophy gains over the years by this. But then again, if I cared about hypertrophy I'd probably do more than 3-5rep sets.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #2005
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
Same. For me it's always about moving heavy weight as fast as possible and being athletic. I've probably lost out on some hypertrophy gains over the years by this. But then again, if I cared about hypertrophy I'd probably do more than 3-5rep sets.

lol yup. That's why I just mix in other ****.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #2006
z00
Banned User

Went to bed 3:30am last night after preparing for my next work trip. Barely had energy to work out but pulled through. It's all mental! Finished below in 50min I had:

Front squats:
1 x 6 135lbs
4 x 5 165lbs

Incline DB bench press: --> aggravated shoulder, had to go light
1 x 10 40lbs
4 x 6 60lbs

T rows:
1 x 10 90lbs
4 x 10 115lbs
Old 08-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #2007
z00
Banned User

Thanks Mike! To be honest I have a hectic schedule this month and my shoulder is injured. I would hate to have you write me a program and not follow it, let me settle down and I'll be happy to work with you on a program.

Quote:
z00, I would be willing to write you a program if you wanted. But don't be like that other dude on here who I wont name who wanted a program and didn't do it or ever communicate with me about it.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #2008
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Thanks Mike! To be honest I have a hectic schedule this month and my shoulder is injured. I would hate to have you write me a program and not follow it, let me settle down and I'll be happy to work with you on a program.

Ok man. Let me know.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:44 AM   #2009
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Quote:
lol yup. That's why I just mix in other ****.
Well put. Different strokes for different folks.
Alpine WhiteCoral RedAluminum f30 328i Sportline/6MT
Imola RedBlackBlack Aluminum e46 330i ZHP/6MT
Old 08-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #2010
z00
Banned User

Shoulder still injured.

DLs:
1 x 10 135lbs
3 x 8 225lbs

OHP:
5 x 5 85lbs

Side delts DBs:
3 x 10 20lbs

Face pulls:
3 x 10 60lbs

Calves: body weight
5 x 30
Old 08-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #2011
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Z00 progress thread

Why so light on the DLs? Does your shoulder hurt during them?

If your shoulder is still bothering you. Then your primary focus should be rehab not presses and raises... Things such as: wall slides, YTWL exercises, band pulls, shoulder dislocates, etc...

Last edited by Leezy321; 08-13-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #2012
z00
Banned User

It's fine with lighter weight. Injury is where Rear delt & lats connect, so I cannot do heavy DLs yet. I still cannot do a single pullup yet.

I'll do more rehab exercises like you suggested at home. Thanks!

Quote:
Why so light on the DLs? Does your shoulder hurt during them?

If your shoulder is still bothering you. Then your primary focus should be rehab not presses and raises... Things such as: wall slides, YTWL exercises, band pulls, shoulder dislocates, etc...

Old 08-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #2013
z00
Banned User

Finally I could do very light weight pulldowns.

Front Squats:
1 x 5 135lbs
1 x 5 165lbs
2 x 5 175lbs
1 x 4 175lbs

Wide grip pulldowns:
4 x 7 120lbs

narrow grip pulldowns palms in:
4 x 7 120lbs

narrow grip pulldowns palms out:
4 x 7 120lbs

Cable flyes:
5 x 10 40lbs

Dips: BW
2 x 20
Old 08-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #2014
DylloS

z00 can I tell you something?

Please just go do Starting Strength, Justin Lasceks S&C Program or something like it. You will make the best progress. Almost 3 years later I am still riding out linear progression.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #2015
z00
Banned User

My program is "very" similar to Lascek's program below. I'm still injured and cannot do all exercises so I substitute my own. I started squatting 3x a week, DL 1x, and I can see the difference. Thanks!

See my last workout above and compare to below.

Monday
Squat Weight lifted x 5 reps x 3 sets, sets across
Press 5x3, sets across
Chins/Pull-ups 3 sets of as many reps as possible

Tuesday
Power Clean 3 reps x 5 sets, sets across
Dips 3 sets of as many reps as possible
Conditioning

Wednesday
Off or Skill Day

Thursday
Squat 5x3, sets across
Bench Press 5x3, sets across
Dips 3 sets of as many reps as possible

Friday
Deadlift 5 reps x 1 work set
Pull-ups/Chins 3 sets of as many reps as possible (can be moved to Saturday)
Conditioning

Saturday
Optional conditioning

Quote:
z00 can I tell you something?

Please just go do Starting Strength, Justin Lasceks S&C Program or something like it. You will make the best progress. Almost 3 years later I am still riding out linear progression.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #2016
DylloS

but it's not. In that case you can call every program similar.

A program is only a program if you're doing that.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #2017
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
z00 the issue is you always have some type of excuse as to why you can't keep to your routine, if you are injured that's one thing and is legitimate, but you always seem to have issues with work or partying or what not. Stick to the program and you will see progress, I'm not going back and reading through this thread but it seems as if your numbers haven't moved (I'm talking DLs and squats).

And if you are doing power cleans get a video up, it is a very technical lift that 95% of the people in my gym do wrong, am I good at them no, but I know how they are supposed to be done, yes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bgsmith; 08-14-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #2018
z00
Banned User

I see, I look more at the structure of a program. I don't get too hung up in exercise details as long as I'm doing compound lifts.

Quote:
but it's not. In that case you can call every program similar.

A program is only a program if you're doing that.
True, I tend to have something going on. But that's life. You will like my FS form. Will post a video soon.
I have not attempted max reps in DLs or squats in few months now. My numbers have not changed much (5-10% increase) but my musculature has changed.

I'm not doing cleans any time soon. I need a coach to show me correct form. Don't wanna risk injury again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
z00 the issue is you always have some type of excuse as to why you can't keep to your routine, if you are injured that's one thing and is legitimate, but you always seem to have issues with work or partying or what not. Stick to the program and you will see progress, I'm not going back and reading through this thread but it seems as if your numbers haven't moved (I'm talking DLs and squats).

And if you are doing power cleans get a video up, it is a very technical lift that 95% of the people in my gym do wrong, am I good at them no, but I know how they are supposed to be done, yes.

Last edited by z00; 08-14-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #2019
DylloS

That's it dude. Just get something in place. Treat it like a job. You know you have something to do. Just do it.

Look at me. Last year at this time I never squatted more than 245lbs. I maxed at 265 about 7 months ago, then 2 months later I hit 280. Last saturday I hit 315 and I can't tell you how happy I was to do that. To me that is a huge deal. I think about the clueless jerk I was when I weighed 163lbs and couldn't do 165 without feeling like I would die.

I was like you. I knew deep down that squatting is what I needed to do to get stronger. But I sucked at it and it was hard. I dicked around with medium volume squats, front squats, cleans. My Squat didn't move. In 2 months I put 35lbs on it all because I was sticking to a program. Every time I squatted I did 2.5lbs more and tried to get as many reps as possible on my 3rd set. I dropped to 205 and all I could do was 11 reps. At 250 I got 10. That's awesome progress all because I stuck with a program.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #2020
z00
Banned User

^ Sounds good man, squatting is the new name of the game. Nice progress on your part!
Closed Thread