France to shut down 160 mosques used as terror hubs - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
France to shut down 160 mosques used as terror hubs

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...r_centers.html
Quote:
The French are raiding mosques and not liking what they are finding: hundreds of war-grade weapons and large quantities of Kalashnikov ammunition.

French interior minister Cazeneuve reported, "In 15 days we have seized one third of the quantity of war-grade weapons that are normally seized in a year."

The liaison between French imams and the French government has told Al Jazeera that “according to official figures and our discussions with the interior ministry, between 100 and 160 mosques will be closed.”

France has 2,600 mosques. In addition, 2,235 Muslim businesses and homes have been searched. There have been 232 arrests.
Interesting to watch a country that has had enough, when will the others follow? If anyone has been paying attention, Europe has been paying the price for their open borders and migrant invitations.

Kids are being raped in pools, women groped, etc. These stories are a daily occurrence. Is this xenophobia, or realizing that some people don't play well with others?
Old 02-10-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
SLVR JDM

My Ride: E39 M5
Old 02-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...need-help.html
Quote:
Migrant, 20, claimed he raped the boy because it was a 'sexual emergency'
Raped boy in cubicle of Theresienbad pool - then went on the diving board
The victim's mother, Dunja, a refugee from Serbia, said she regrets telling her children that migrants need help
She said his defence as 'just monstrous' and that he should be deported
Old 02-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #4
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post

Interesting to watch a country that has had enough, when will the others follow? If anyone has been paying attention, Europe has been paying the price for their open borders and migrant invitations.

Kids are being raped in pools, women groped, etc. These stories are a daily occurrence. Is this xenophobia, or realizing that some people don't play well with others?

Just FYI...

http://time.com/4202091/germany-migrant-rape/

Quote:
German girl admits to lying about Migrant Rape Claim

A 13-year-old girl has confessed to concocting claims that she was kidnapped and raped by migrants after her allegations triggered outrage and a diplomatic dispute between Germany and Russia.

The Russian-German girl, who was only named as Lisa, admitted to lying about the alleged rape and abduction, prosecutors said Sunday, according to the Guardian. She was reported missing on Jan. 11 after she failed to show up at school and emerged 30 hours later with injuries on her face, claiming she was attacked in Berlin by men of Middle Eastern or north African appearance, the newspaper said.

MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #5
Act of God

Different story, this is about a boy raped in a pool. I will concede that girls lie about rape at an alarming rate, however
Old 02-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #6
MDydinanM

Quote:
Different story, this is about a boy raped in a pool. I will concede that girls lie about rape at an alarming rate, however

Oooh ok. lol. Carry on.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:23 PM   #7
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:

Or a failure to actually integrate these Muslims into their civil and economic society rather than simply letting them across the border where they are then essentially economically and socially ghettoized.

That said, should these reports prove true, then there's a big reckoning for those Muslim communities that have allowed their mosques to become armories. An exclamation (social/economic alienation) isn't an excuse (for mosque armories).
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #8
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Or a failure to actually integrate these Muslims into their civil and economic society rather than simply letting them across the border where they are then essentially economically and socially ghettoized.
lol, always someone else's fault
Old 02-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #9
Rhumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
Perhaps you should then read part two of my response rather than citing only part one out of context.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #10
MDydinanM

Quote:

That said, should these reports prove true, then there's a big reckoning for those Muslim communities that have allowed their mosques to become armories. An exclamation (social/economic alienation) isn't an excuse (for mosque armories).

First of all, this wave of migrants flooded Europe recently, in the past year. You can't just wave a magic wand and say abracadabra, you're assimilated.

Second of all, these governments have a finite amount of personnel, resources, and money to assist these people. They didn't have the capacity to handle a surge. That's not a failure. It's an inability and unrealistic.

Third, for those immigrants that have been there a while, legally, they have a part to play in assimilation, too. They can't expect to all of a sudden impose their own rule of (religious) law in their own neighborhoods and demand that their adopted country make sweeping changes in the name of Islam.

Fourth, these countries have their own governing institutions and laws which, like us, have to abide by when they want to let people in. These countries have their own interests and people to look after as well. It's their country and they don't have to let anyone in. Is there a moral obligation as human beings to help? Probably, but again, these are sovereign countries that can do as they please when it comes to domestic issues

In sum, to say there's a failure of these European countries is, in my opinion, not right or fair. This is a very complex situation.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 02-10-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #11
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
Quote:
Perhaps you should then read part two of my response rather than citing only part one out of context.
So why not just post the second half and delete that first bit of garbage?
Old 02-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #12
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Because it's always someone else's fault.
If you want to make a statement that we all ought to get on board to fight poverty, I'm with you. If you want to say that we ought to fight income inequality I'm not with you at all. Because I don't think that the rich guy stole from the poor guy. In fact rich people don't get rich by stealing from poor people because it turns out poor people don't have money.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #13
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Ban religion
Old 02-11-2016, 07:44 AM   #14
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Because he's dhumb. In his view, it is the duty of the host country to reshape their culture to accept the newly arrived.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:48 PM   #15
MDydinanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Because he's dhumb. In his view, it is the duty of the host country to reshape their culture to accept the newly arrived.

lol.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:42 PM   #16
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Caveat: does not apply to white Americans moving abroad. If they don't assimilate they are brash, disrespectful, annoying and ignorant Americans.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:48 PM   #17
MDydinanM

Quote:
Caveat: does not apply to white Americans moving abroad. If they don't assimilate they are brash, disrespectful, annoying and ignorant Americans.

I want Rhumb to take into his house a conservative Muslim immigrant that wants to impose his culture, values, and belief system upon him. Let's see if Rhumb will still sing the same tune.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:43 PM   #18
Rhumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Because it's always someone else's fault.
Or maybe, everybody is a bit at fault, it's a complex interplay.

Ironically, if you ignore Trump and most of the other GOP candidates, America's fuller accommodation and assimilation of immigrants, differences and all, are a big factor why immigrant radicalism has a rather infertile ground to take root. Hence, our relatively low rate of terrorism by immigrants/minorities beyond some lone wolf attacks.

The "Muslims coming here to impose Sharia Law" is basically a right wing canard. Sure, you'll always find some stray Sharia'ists to quote to create some click bait, but practically speaking, the biggest danger of a group striving to impose a theocracy is not the Muslims. (Looking for pics of Santorum, Cruz, Huckabee, Carson, etc. elevating their God's law as preeminent over our Constitution)

Last edited by Rhumb; 02-11-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #19
MDydinanM

Quote:
Or maybe, everybody is a bit at fault, it's a complex interplay.
Um, nope. I private citizen in Europe minding his own business and of which his home country had nothing to do with breaking the glass in the Middle East is not at fault for the tidal wave of migrants.

Quote:
The "Muslims coming here to impose Sharia Law" is basically a right wing canard. Sure, you'll always find some stray Sharia'ists to quote to create some click bait, but practically speaking, the biggest danger of a group striving to impose a theocracy is not the Muslims.

In the UK and parts of Europe, no, it's not a right wing canard. There have been calls for it among the fringe elements there. Street protests even.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 02-11-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #20
Rhumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
Um, nope. I private citizen in Europe minding his own business and of which his home country had nothing to do with breaking the glass in the Middle East is not at fault for the tidal wave of migrants.
Not sure what you said here.

Quote:
In the UK and parts of Europe, no, it's not a right wing canard. There have been calls for it among the fringe elements there. Street protests even.
Yes, fringe elements, not significant members of major parties.