Code p1632 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #1
Sh4dow

Code p1632

So here's the deal. A couple weeks ago the car was throwing 2 codes: one a cylinder 5 random misfire; two a code for the gas tank evaporator motor. I diagnosed bad plugs as the reason for my misfire so I fixed them and reset the codes. Problem solved; not only did the misfire code go away but the evaporator motor code went away as well.

Fast forward a couple of days. One Problem remains, my car dies randomly at low speeds and at stops. When I first fire up the car, it throws me an unknown error code of p1632; something to do with the throttle body, and promptly proceeds to notify me the error has been fixed. It will randomly do this while the car is running, but none of the service lights come on and are all off.

The car runs perfectly other than that and the rear differential bushing that needs replaced. I took apart the intake, cleaned the throttle body, and replaced the brake booster vacuum line, throttle body boot, and air filter. The disa and maf probably need replacing too. My question is, could my disa or maf be causing this? I know i need to replace them but I want to hone in on the possible problems first. My guess is its a poor air fuel mixture but I'm not sure how to find out. Any thoughts?
Sh4dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
BaliDawg
DEADBEEF BAADF00D

My Ride: E32 E39 E46 E84 E92
What year and model E46 do you have?

What is the battery voltage, both with key out and with engine running?

Which code reader or app are you using?

Can you read the trouble codes from the other modules? Especially the ABS and EGS (if you have automatic transmission).

Check the electrical connections at the throttle body and even the DME connector inside the e-box.