Trump continues to trump the competition. - Page 1102 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:32 PM   #22021
ed17331

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
Obama divisive lol. Ya, to the racist whites.

Just like trump divides the reasonable and the mouth breathers.

We are talking about divisiveness between Dems and Republicans (or liberals and conservatives), not so much about divisiveness between blacks and whites. Not everything is about race.

I agree with Cabrio that Obama was far more divisive than Bush. Bush was hammered mercilessly by his critics in the press, yet he always behaved as President of all the people (Dems and Republicans). Obama was highly partisan as President and through both of his terms, continued to blame Bush and the Republicans for every problem that the nation faced.

With the exception of Fox, the mainstream media has only become more pro-Democrat, liberal, and left of center since the Bush administration. This combined with the hollowing out of real news organizations and replacement of investigative journalism with entertainment news and fluff for ratings and economic reasons has resulted in very lopsided political coverage that is mostly surface narratives with no depth and little critical analysis or search for truth. Too often the obvious probing questions that need to be asked of our leaders and politicians in the news about issues and controversies of the day do not even get asked, let alone answered. Real investigative journalism is increasingly rare, and what passes for political news is far too biased and partisan. This trend has definitely gotten worse in the Trump era. I get that Trump has a manner of speaking and “style” that rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but the vicious hatred, invective, and nastiness to which he has been subjected is way over the top. And it goes way beyond just criticism and hatred to actual dirty tricks, soft coup attempts, unfair partisan impeachment hearings, spying, targeting, collusion hoaxes, leaks, weaponizing of Intelligence and law enforcement agencies against him, his supporters, his family, and those in his campaign or administration, etc.
The nastiness and hatred of Trump’s political opponents such as Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, Waters, Nadler, Omar, Tlaib, and others and the lack of civility and respect (for both the office and his supporters across the country) they show in their public comments is unprecedented in modern times. I blame them for the divisiveness today, not Trump (who is doing an impossible job and having many successes in his agenda - not perfect - but making good progress on fulfilling his promises and actually accomplishing what he set out to do and what he campaigned on).
No president ever before has had to endure the daily withering barrage of attacks in the media that Trump has been subjected to. Right from the day he won the election, his opponents have been trying everything to undermine his administration (even before they took office) and they have never let up. Trump has been unfairly mischaracterized as racist, xenophobic, and with all manner of other slurs and smears.
But, like Cabrio said, Trump is a fighter. He is able to withstand the unfair criticism and punch back at the fake news, hoaxes, and smears more effectively than many other Republicans have in the past.

Trump has four more years to serve, then he will be out of government service forever. I only hope we can elect a Republican majority in the House so as to reduce the divisiveness in our government and get more accomplished for the benefit of all. Plus the meltdown on the left will be epic!
ed17331 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:59 PM   #22022
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black///M View Post
Biden said, M3 aint black...
Nothing like a 100 year old white guy gatekeepong who is “really” black
Old 05-22-2020, 08:14 PM   #22023
Stankia

My Ride: Germans
Quote:
Blackness is a state of mind

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist."

Last edited by Stankia; 05-22-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #22024
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Why was this not done sooner???

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/statu...882905601?s=21

And LOL at Jojo's 5,000 word essay above, nominees is gonna read that **** you dumb little man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #22025
M3Inline6
Law Enforcer

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Quote:

I’m Chocolate Thunder!

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #22026
bgsmith

Geniuses!!

Trump's Press Secretary Displays One of His Checks in a Little Too Much Detail

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/u...mid=fb-nytimes

Quote:
WASHINGTON - It's a feel-good story that President Trump's press secretaries have relished over the years: the quarterly announcement of which government agency Mr. Trump has selected to be the lucky recipient of his salary, an easy way to show the president sticking to his 2016 campaign pledge to forgo his $400,000 salary and donate it.

In the past, the $100,000 check from Mr. Trump has been made out to the Small Business Administration initiative to help veteran entrepreneurs, to the Office of the Surgeon General to fight the opioid epidemic, and to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, among other places.

But on Friday, Kayleigh McEnany, the White House press secretary, did not just reveal that the president was sending his salary to the Department of Health and Human Services to help "support the efforts being undertaken to confront, contain and combat the coronavirus."

She also displayed the president's private bank account and routing numbers.

The $100,000 check she held up like a prop appeared to be a real check from Capital One, complete with the relevant details. An administration official said mock checks were never used in the briefing.

A White House spokesman, Judd Deere, said in a statement, "Today his salary went to help advance new therapies to treat this virus, but leave it to the media to find a shameful reason not to simply report the facts, focusing instead on whether the check is real or not."

For an average civilian, that information could be used to withdraw or deposit money, make online purchases or hack an account.

"It's not a best practice to share that information publicly," said Eva Velasquez, the president and chief executive of the Identity Theft Resource Center. "If you don't have protections in place, there are sophisticated schemes and ways someone could access those funds knowing the account and routing number and the individual person it belongs to."

Ms. Velasquez said that a bank was almost certain to have additional protections in place on the account of a high-profile person like the president. Mr. Trump, she said, was not likely to be hacked because of photographs of the check that subsequently circulated online Friday night.

But she said the image of Ms. McEnany flashing Mr. Trump's personal information in front of cameras sent a concerning message. "This is one of those situations where setting the example is very important," Ms. Velasquez said. "It's very important for your average person to understand this is not a best practice."

Mike Chapple, a teaching professor of information technology at the University of Notre Dame, said the appearance showed why large promotional checks were used for television appearances. "They're not only a nice prop onstage, but they also omit the sensitive account information that normally appears at the bottom of the check," he said. "The rest of us should play it safe and keep our account numbers to ourselves."

Last edited by bgsmith; 05-23-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #22027
ed17331

This is what upsets you?
(Talk about a nothingburger! Sheesh)

Meanwhile...

Biden claims he has been endorsed by the NAACP every time he has run.

NAACP denies it and says they have never endorsed Biden.

#YouAintBlack
Old 05-23-2020, 05:15 PM   #22028
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post

I’m Chocolate Thunder!

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Well done sir, well done...
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:17 PM   #22029
Black///M

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
This is what upsets you?

Meanwhile...

#YouAintBlack
Biden said NAACP aint black...
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:37 PM   #22030
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed17331 View Post
This is what upsets you?

Meanwhile...

#YouAintBlack
Doesn't bother me one bit, just another example of how stupid this administration is.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #22031
ed17331

Meanwhile...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...k-person%3famp

BET co-founder rips 'arrogant' Biden: He should apologize 'to every black person he meets'

——

“Vice President Biden's statement today represents the arrogant and out-of-touch attitude of a paternalistic white candidate who has the audacity to tell black people, the descendants of slaves, that they are not black unless they vote for him,"

"This proves unequivocally that the Democratic nominee believes that black people owe him their vote without question, even though we as black people know it is exactly the opposite."

"He should spend the rest of his campaign apologizing to every black person he meets”

—-Robert L. Johnson
Old 05-23-2020, 06:59 PM   #22032
bgsmith

Hey everyone could you imagine the rage posting from AoG if the co-founder of BET said any other white guy besides Biden make those apologies????

It would be epic!!!!

Old 05-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #22033
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Hey everyone could you imagine the rage posting from AoG if the co-founder of BET said any other white guy besides Biden make those apologies????

It would be epic!!!!
hey everyone...could you imagine not? it would be epic!!!!
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:28 PM   #22034
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Robert L. Johnson has also been pro Trump for years, said Obama wouldn’t have been the democratic nominee if he weren’t black, and attacked Clinton. It’s obvious you would try using him to further your agenda simply because he is black. Using him is basically the same as Trump’s “look at my African American over there”.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 05-23-2020, 07:49 PM   #22035
ed17331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
Robert L. Johnson has also been pro Trump for years, said Obama wouldn’t have been the democratic nominee if he weren’t black, and attacked Clinton. It’s obvious you would try using him to further your agenda simply because he is black. Using him is basically the same as Trump’s “look at my African American over there”.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

He is one of many having similar reactions to Biden’s revealing comment.
Old Today, 10:37 AM   #22036
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
https://twitter.com/i/status/1228933067928195072

Obama spitting truth.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:45 AM   #22037
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
This goes back to what Howard Stern said, Trump wants nothing more to be in the cool kids billionaires club, he cares about no one but himself.

Old Today, 10:48 AM   #22038
SamDoe1

My Ride: Economy Hatchback
You know you done fvcked up when Ann Coulter tears you a new one:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...172315065.html

Quote:
Ann Coulter went on an early Sunday morning Twitter tear, calling President Donald Trump "the most disloyal actual retard that has ever set foot in the Oval Office."

The far-right media pundit and former Trump defender was triggered by the president's Friday tweet in which he called for Alabama voters to "not trust Jeff Sessions" and instead put their support behind Sessions' Republican Senate seat challenger, football coach Tommy Tuberville.

Last edited by SamDoe1; Today at 10:48 AM.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote