Your top 5 inspiring members - Page 2 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2020, 03:12 PM   #21
cvx5832

My Ride: 535i, 325Ci, C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by paraklas View Post
thanks!!!

Additionally to all of the members already mentioned which helped me gained so much knowledge here, save on dealer repairs and got to know my E46 to the point of not giving it up nomatter what..

not sure if these are still around here..

ritos540i -- rear mounted turbo
330_ZHP -- ess ts2
MarvelPhx -- my330i site
Ivegotissues666 -- electric seat retrofit (my 2nd mod)
320dem47 -- m3 mirrors retrofit (my 1st mod)
cyberkaa -- S54 retrofit
Cyberkaa. And that awesome 332i.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

cvx5832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:43 PM   #22
BaliDawg
Here to serve y’all

My Ride: E39 E46 E84
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_stihl View Post
paraklas and marcusmarcus also deserve to be mentioned
Second that.

BaliDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #23
E46Envyy

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Transmission: 6spd
Thanks to everyone! Although I rarely post, I’m always thankful of this forum.

A couple specific members:

Rob43 – suspension & specE46 info

TerraPhantom – electrical and wiring

TitaniumCranium – auto to 6-speed swap

jfoj – OBD logging and misfire information

Paraklas – rear subframe reinforcement

50sKid – engine rebuild + ALL video

BaliDawg, Alex323Ci, spannerhead, Overboost and Markusmarkus – you guys keep this forum alive. Helping new members daily with patience.

Cheers, E46Envyy

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

Make choices; don't look back
E46Envyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:09 AM   #24
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
MJLavelle- I have to believe he passed about 6 years ago now
Jake
mango
Terra-coded my car at bimmerfest like 10 years ago

man this forum takes me back

peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:36 AM   #25
lllRazorlll

My Ride: Accord Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
thank you sir for the kind mention. im glad info was helpful.

the early members are all gone who we shared info back and forth. Ivegotissues and Laughinggas.
Delmarco was also a pretty cool guy from what I barely remember. I joined just as he was on his way out I believe

lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:36 PM   #26
Mango

My Ride: Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
So many have helped me over the years:

Alex saved me the most $ with his subframe posts

Mango for smacking people down and knocking sense into them.
Terra
JFOJ
Griffin (see the Griffin Challenge thread)
Kalim

Jake

Thanks, D. Smack hands always at the ready

DMax for his no-nonsense and humorous approach--including his signature gentle trolling which is always fun. Elephant trunk DIY thread. Keep it green, keep it funny.

Terra for his knowledge on all things conversions, though he got grumpy in his mid 20s

Alex323 for encyclopedic knowledge on all trim levels and equipment packages. Also pretty decent smack hands when foolish posts crop up. Mustang hood thread? Boy that was a fun one...

FlashTwoSix on real hardcore DIYs

DelMarco for things you can swap/upgrade to for less than $50

Sillieidiot on all things lights

Tock on his fearless attacks on all things foolish.

Tim330i on how to keep cool and simply put people on my ignore list so I don't get risk being banned again. Thanks to you I have over 23 people blocked on the Lexus forum!

|
|
|

-
-
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:39 PM   #27
Mango

My Ride: Lexus
BTW, thanks to all for any mentions you made. If i had saved at least one overheat with my... ahem.. strongly-toned posting style.. I had done my job.

|
|
|

-
-
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:19 PM   #28
Archbid

My Ride: 330cic, 325i Touring
Year: 03
Model: 330cic
Transmission: 6-Speed, auto
JFOJ for lean codes and Balidawg for INPA

And BMWNorth for the most preposterous act of service a while back when you did a road trip with your parts to get that woman's car going. Epic.

Because they all treat your problem like it is their problem. Thanks tons to both of you and the many other fanatics over the past 7 years.

You gave me the confidence to buy some jack stands and dive in. Now I have basically taken every piece of the car apart except the fuel and ac systems!

#nofear
#youhavemyback

And thanks to everyone that keeps this place low-troll, low-politics. It matters

Last edited by Archbid; 05-26-2020 at 05:21 PM.
Archbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:14 PM   #29
broncomike1996

My Ride: 2003 bmw 325i
I gotta say dmax because even when he said he was just gonna check in from time to time hes still like boom here to offer help to someone that posted a question about something just like he has since i joined
broncomike1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:17 PM   #30
broncomike1996

My Ride: 2003 bmw 325i
Not trying to forget anyone else bc everyone in this forum right or wrong has helped me and alot of others wether it was from something they did that tottaly didnt work out or was right on the money it helped. Just dmax was first to come to mind
broncomike1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:05 AM   #31
msalsbery

My Ride: 2002 325Ci
jjrichar
jfoj
mango
BaliDawg
Solidjake
dmax
50sKid

...many others, but these members always stand out based on excellent help I've received for issues I've personally had.

I really appreciate this site and it's members. I've always wrenched a little for the basic stuff, but I never thought I'd do what I now do on my car myself. I'm still running the hell out of my E46 daily, and this site is still a great resource. Thank you!

Last edited by msalsbery; 05-27-2020 at 03:11 AM.
msalsbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:23 AM   #32
opelikamike

My Ride: 2005 330Ci Vert
Year: 2005
Model: 330Ci Convertible
Transmission: Automatic
As I prepare to say goodbye to my E46, I think of all those who helped a newbie BMW owner with convertible top challenges and cooling system maintenance and electrical gremlins.

jjrichar
All2Cool
BMWNorth
mango
jfoj
AND everyone else who ever helpfully responded to a post of mine!
opelikamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:42 AM   #33
trizzuth

My Ride: Best M5 ever made
How dare I not get mentioned in this thread

need me some old school fanatics!

Alex
jfoj
DMax
SamDoe
BGSmith
MachRC
xxRomexx
Jake
JJR (nah)

2003 BMW E39 M5 - Current!
2001 BMW 330i - Totaled at 236K :(
1996 Mitsubishi Galant S - gone at 121K
1993 Volvo 850 GLT - gone at 89K
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K

Last edited by trizzuth; 05-27-2020 at 06:43 AM.
trizzuth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #34
dmax

My Ride: '16 340i xD 6-spd
Year: 16
Model: 340i
Transmission: 6-spd
I wish there was a Bimmerfest 'mid' so we could all get together in the 'after time.' ...and my apologies for forgetting many, many names of those who've helped me...and those who've helped others...which, seriously, is all of us. It takes a village.

...and thanks for the props. Mostly I'm here now because the f30 bimmerpost feels like this place did 10 years ago. It is all gap and tuning...lots of 'what color calipers?' too. Here, now, it's more function over form...as it should be.

I'm now 14 years with you folks...it'd be nice to hang out with so many of you...maybe I can talk one of you into trading my car for yours?

See Facebook for upcoming shows...and listen to my podcast!

dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:08 AM   #35
trizzuth

My Ride: Best M5 ever made
Quote:
I wish there was a Bimmerfest 'mid' so we could all get together in the 'after time.' ...and my apologies for forgetting many, many names of those who've helped me...and those who've helped others...which, seriously, is all of us. It takes a village.

...and thanks for the props. Mostly I'm here now because the f30 bimmerpost feels like this place did 10 years ago. It is all gap and tuning...lots of 'what color calipers?' too. Here, now, it's more function over form...as it should be.

I'm now 14 years with you folks...it'd be nice to hang out with so many of you...maybe I can talk one of you into trading my car for yours?
Trade no more Dougie. Just go get this one..

2003 BMW E39 M5 - Current!
2001 BMW 330i - Totaled at 236K :(
1996 Mitsubishi Galant S - gone at 121K
1993 Volvo 850 GLT - gone at 89K
1987 BMW 325 - gone at 238K

trizzuth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #36
Spannerhead

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Seriously... I think we could take up a collection around here to buy Doug an E46 to keep him from pining vocally for the next X number of years until his F30 dies...

Current:
•
•

Past BMWs:
•
•

Past Other: '85 GSL-SE • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S • '85 RX-7 GSL
Spannerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:22 AM   #37
dmax

My Ride: '16 340i xD 6-spd
Year: 16
Model: 340i
Transmission: 6-spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Even with those wheels that I don't like and the rust coming up, I could almost do a wagon...if I could feel what it's like to drive again.

Mine is too comfortable, stable, powerful...nothing for me to do and my car just goes 'Meh. Give me more. Hit it harder.' I can't, baby, I'm going as fast as I can. 'Faster, push it harder!' Oh, I want to, baby, so bad.

The excitement of driving this thing is over in 2-3 secs. My e46 with its well-broken in suspension, light front end thanks to meticulous alignment by my mechanic Enoc, made me feel part of the car, able to think and it'd go.

Maybe it'll get better as things start to degrade on this thing, or me.

Moral of this story: I'm crying I miss my E46 so much. I'd almost take one in red...exterior...could not do a red interior. Give me your meticulous E46 people and I'll give you mine...maybe. I've got HUD and bluetooth,

Keep your cars. You have no idea how great a ride it is! (Also, stop Fing them up by making them better unless you're one of very few who do their homework and actually understand the engineering. Stop slamming, removing parts coz you can, it doesn't matter what color anything is on your car, and you don't need or want faster for your DD...where you going so fast?)

F'n F30.

See Facebook for upcoming shows...and listen to my podcast!

Last edited by dmax; 05-27-2020 at 08:35 AM.
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #38
kwake330xi

My Ride: 03 330xi
Shoutout to jfoj! And everyone else who gives generously of their time and knowledge. Thank you.
kwake330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:29 PM   #39
Archbid

My Ride: 330cic, 325i Touring
Year: 03
Model: 330cic
Transmission: 6-Speed, auto
Quote:
Even with those wheels that I don't like and the rust coming up, I could almost do a wagon...if I could feel what it's like to drive again.

Mine is too comfortable, stable, powerful...nothing for me to do and my car just goes 'Meh. Give me more. Hit it harder.' I can't, baby, I'm going as fast as I can. 'Faster, push it harder!' Oh, I want to, baby, so bad.

The excitement of driving this thing is over in 2-3 secs. My e46 with its well-broken in suspension, light front end thanks to meticulous alignment by my mechanic Enoc, made me feel part of the car, able to think and it'd go.

Maybe it'll get better as things start to degrade on this thing, or me.

Moral of this story: I'm crying I miss my E46 so much. I'd almost take one in red...exterior...could not do a red interior. Give me your meticulous E46 people and I'll give you mine...maybe. I've got HUD and bluetooth,

Keep your cars. You have no idea how great a ride it is! (Also, stop Fing them up by making them better unless you're one of very few who do their homework and actually understand the engineering. Stop slamming, removing parts coz you can, it doesn't matter what color anything is on your car, and you don't need or want faster for your DD...where you going so fast?)

F'n F30.
It is a few grand and a month of weekends to take any of the E46s for sale in CA and make it great again. Come back!
Archbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:24 PM   #40
Overboost
//Binary is in my DNA

My Ride: 2002 325i
Balidawg
jfoj
terraphantm
rob43
enter your name here (a shoutout to all our e46fanatics family)

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The older I get... The faster I was...
No Fear

Last edited by Overboost; 05-27-2020 at 09:25 PM.
Overboost is online now   Reply With Quote