[MS4X] Siemens MS43 Community Patchlist for Tuner Pro - Page 12 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #221
scorpionreptyle

My Ride: e36 330i
Year: 1997
Model: E36
Transmission: 5 spd manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Anyone got a 69 RHD EU2 file with working EWS delete? Have tryed making my own with Tuner pro, flashed it with Chipster and MS4X flasher and will not start

have you tried to fix checksum manualy,even after flasher fix it for you ? use ultimo ,or load it into winOLS ,even Ecmtitanium will fix chk errors for you. All the posted files works,but if you want ,i can share one for you. What you need 64 or 512 ?

512kb --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WN...aYc3uMNkezcbMZ
64kb ---> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jt...ZinDiC8pJ9tkoN

Make your own mods after firing up ,these are from e36 swapped engine. You can use them for chk fix with ultimo...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scorpionreptyle; 12-29-2019 at 11:32 AM.
scorpionreptyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #222
Daniel.

My Ride: 330i
Year: 2004
Transmission: Manual 6
I did try correcting them but in the end i just made a cable and cloned my original in bootmode, now its working fine, I just like to keep my factory Ecu as a spare
Daniel. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:39 AM   #223
scorpionreptyle

My Ride: e36 330i
Year: 1997
Model: E36
Transmission: 5 spd manual
Quote:
I did try correcting them but in the end i just made a cable and cloned my original in bootmode, now its working fine, I just like to keep my factory Ecu as a spare

i`m not very shure,but after i pass from v56 to v69 and managed to start up the car, my second ecu,that was still on a working v56 file,refuses to work anymore. After i fix the problem,and changed back to v69...same thing happened. Not shure if ecu sw versions swap was the problem,cause days after i found a main ground wire in harness loose,that cause start problems too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scorpionreptyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2019, 05:53 AM   #224
sda2

My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
Quote:
Can you please send me a factory image of yours via PN?
sda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #225
Barracuz

My Ride: 01' 525i Manual
Anyone running 69 having troubles getting bmwlogger to work? Keep getting an error saying that it cant read the dme info so it defaults to ms41 and then i get a packet error

Last edited by Barracuz; 12-30-2019 at 09:11 PM.
Barracuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #226
b1czu

My Ride: '02 330xi E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sda2 View Post
Update:
2. I made a terrible mistake when uploading the 430069 stock binaries back in June. I forgot to add the flash validation entries and seed keys to the files after creating the binaries.

When you read out the MS43 ECU with one of the non boot mode flash tools, the protected areas will be FFed in the file.

Flashed back to the ECU in boot mode such a file overwrites the flash validation entries with FF and this prevents the ECU from booting.

I updated the files on the wiki, so atleast with bootmode they should work now.
Does full read of MS43 using your Dev Group MS4X flasher (without bootmode) contain these "protected areas"? I can't find answer for this question in any thread. I've compared bootloader section (0x0000 to 0x0FFFF) of full read (done with Dev Group MS4X flasher) of my original ECU with v69 from wiki and with Daniel's v56 and can't find in mine bin any more FFed areas than in Daniel's v56 and v69 from wiki.

Actually my car runs on spare ECU from ebay flashed with daniels v56+LC for a few years, and what I want to do is to clone my original ECU to this spare one and update it to v69 from wiki to reenable my EWS. Is Full Read done with Dev Group flasher of original ECU enough to make full copy or do I need to open it and read it in boot mode using JMGarage?

Thanks

Update:
OK, never mind. I've done boot mode full read of orginal ECU using JMGarage and actually there is some difference in bootloader part at 0x3F00 to 0x3F63 (in dump without bootmode these bytes are FFed). So for anyone who wants to clone their ECU keeping EWS you need to do full read of original ECU in bootloader mode using JMGarage.

Update2:
OK, so I've flashed my spare-junkyjard ecu, that previously run on Daniel's v56, in bootmode (jmgarage flasher) using bootmode backup of my orginal ecu (v66) and my EWS is working again! It won't sync at the beginning but it worked after clearing error codes in EWS module using INPA (car was running on Daniel's ews deleted v56 for 2 years).

Then I've successfully updated it to v69 (Siemens_MS43_MS430069_E46_M54B30_EU4_LHD.bin) from the wiki. Then I've done full flash read using Dev Group MS4X flasher and applied LC and Calibration Data Checksum bypass patches to it and done some LC adjustment. Saved bin and flashed it with Dev Group MS4X flasher and car cranked but won't start (threw TPS calibration error and ECU faulty codes - clearing codes and adaptations didn't help). Same problem as described by others, with weird (fuel pump?) relay ticking that can be heard from passenger side after turning key to position 2.
Next I've tried to correct checksums on that bin with ultimo and flash it with Dev Flasher witch checksum correction disabled - same effect, so I've flashed again the original bin, that I've read from ECU before applying patches - the engine started without any problems and relay was acting normally.
Next I've started over again from this working bin, but that time I only applied LC patch (without modifying stock LC configuration) and flashed it - car started without problems and LC was working. I haven't touched full flash any more and I just had modified XDF for 64KB to contain LC configuration parameters so I could configure it without full flash.

So there are definitely some problems with community patchlist for MS43 that shows up in some specific scenario. I haven't tried to apply checksum patch the second time because Dev Group MS4X flasher is so good that I would not use galetto any more. So maybe the problem is in checksum patch, or maybe when LC and checksum patches are applied together?

Ping me if you want me to do any more tests, I've got pretty stock 2002 EU spec 330XI.

Last edited by b1czu; 01-04-2020 at 06:42 PM.
b1czu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:25 PM   #227
Daniel.

My Ride: 330i
Year: 2004
Transmission: Manual 6
Tryed to patch LC to my ms43, tryed a few ways and can't get the car to start with LC patch active, My car has working Ews with boot mode Clone,

Used ms4x to read the dme
Patched LC and checksum, then used both ultimo, chipster and built-in checksum corrector, have done loads of variations of testing one patch at a time and then of each corrector also set the LC check to 165 manually, some times the temp gauge goes straight to max but the car never starts untill I flash the original file back,

Is there a step by step guide to somthing I'm forgetting
Daniel. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #228
Barracuz

Quote:
Tryed to patch LC to my ms43, tryed a few ways and can't get the car to start with LC patch active, My car has working Ews with boot mode Clone,

Patched LC and checksum, then used both ultimo, chipster and built-in checksum corrector, have done loads of variations of testing one patch at a time and then of each corrector also set the LC check to 165 manually, some times the temp gauge goes straight to max but the car never starts untill I flash the original file back,

try flashing a virgin 512kb non patched bin, read the 512kb, patch that and flash
Old 02-08-2020, 12:49 PM   #229
d_cleverzz

My Ride: Turbo 5spd 330cic
Year: 2001
Model: 330CIC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuz View Post
Anyone running 69 having troubles getting bmwlogger to work? Keep getting an error saying that it cant read the dme info so it defaults to ms41 and then i get a packet error

Yes, I emailed BMWLogger, SW69 hard codes DME number 7571017. This is a dme number that is unsupported by BMWLogger and they have not sent out an update to incorporate it. Unfortunately, you’ll have to run SW56 to use BMWLogger.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
Old 02-08-2020, 12:51 PM   #230
d_cleverzz

My Ride: Turbo 5spd 330cic
Year: 2001
Model: 330CIC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
[MS4X] Siemens MS43 Community Patchlist for Tuner Pro

Quote:

Sda2 posted an update in this SW69 patch list thread. Stating the MS5x Flasher has an error when correcting some checksums for this version/patches and to do the “bypass checksum” patch. This should fix your problems.

Last edited by d_cleverzz; 02-09-2020 at 01:10 AM.
d_cleverzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:12 PM   #231
clouro

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Year: 2002
Model: BMW E46 325ci
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Hello everyone!
I am finishing my Turbo M54B25 project. I will use the Audi RS4 MAF and want to upgrade to version 430069. Need some quick help on the patches for RS4 MAF

I downloaded the Patchlist from Wiki, the partial and full XDF files and the M54B25 US bin.
I patched the "Checksum Bypass" and "MAF Sensor Hack". I also did the SAP delete and changed O2 sensor to 1 sensor pre-cat. (that is why my bin file has a different name on the screenshots below).

My question is: I need to change the values for the id_maf_tab (MAF Table and Sensor Definition) on the patchlist parameter tree, in order to have the right values for RS4 MAF, correct? I inserted the new values and saved the patch to my 512kb bin file. When I load the version 69 512xdf onto TunerPro, and check the id_maf_tab, values are different from what I uploaded. Should this be happening? Also, the axis on the MAF Table only show "1", instead of showing the numbers rabging from 0 to 240 and the axis for Voltage on the Sensor definition only shows "0". How should I proceed? Do I need to change any other values to make this work?

I have uploaded screenshots of what I just mentioned.

Thanks in advance!
C:\Users\Carlos\Desktop\TunerPro v69 RS4 MAF.pdf
clouro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:12 PM   #232
clouro

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Year: 2002
Model: BMW E46 325ci
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Hello everyone!
I am finishing my Turbo M54B25 project. I will use the Audi RS4 MAF and want to upgrade to version 430069. Need some quick help on the patches for RS4 MAF

I downloaded the Patchlist from Wiki, the partial and full XDF files and the M54B25 US bin.
I patched the "Checksum Bypass" and "MAF Sensor Hack". I also did the SAP delete and changed O2 sensor to 1 sensor pre-cat. (that is why my bin file has a different name on the screenshots below).

My question is: I need to change the values for the id_maf_tab (MAF Table and Sensor Definition) on the patchlist parameter tree, in order to have the right values for RS4 MAF, correct? I inserted the new values and saved the patch to my 512kb bin file. When I load the version 69 512xdf onto TunerPro, and check the id_maf_tab, values are different from what I uploaded. Should this be happening? Also, the axis on the MAF Table only show "1", instead of showing the numbers rabging from 0 to 240 and the axis for Voltage on the Sensor definition only shows "0". How should I proceed? Do I need to change any other values to make this work?

I was not able to upload the screenshots of what I am seeing... How can upload images to this post?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by clouro; 02-12-2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Was not able to upload screenshot
clouro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #233
Kyrazh

My Ride: e39
Hello guys!
Is there any chance to have "Siemens_MS43_MS430069_Community_Patchlist.xdf" for TunerPro 5.00.8853 wich works on WinXP?
I've got spare laptop with 32bit WinXP on it.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #234
Kyrazh

Hello guys!
Is there any chance to have "Siemens_MS43_MS430069_Community_Patchlist.xdf" for TunerPro 5.00.8853 wich works on WinXP?
I've got spare laptop with 32bit WinXP on it.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #235
Kyrazh

Siemens_MS43_MS430069_E39_M54B30_EU4_LHD
patched and check sum corrected with Siemens ms43 Checksum flashed with JMGarage Flasher
engine won't start....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uxz...ew?usp=sharing
Old 03-07-2020, 06:07 AM   #236
firebie

My Ride: e46
Looks like the right way to make it EWS free would be (it has to be already v69):
1. using 'MS4X Dev Group' Flasher - download full firmware from ECU
2. using TunerPro - apply only 'Immobilizer Bypass'
3. using 'MS4X Dev Group' Flasher - upload full firmware back to ECU

Last edited by firebie; 03-07-2020 at 06:08 AM.
firebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #237
Kyrazh

is 069 soft so much better then 056?
also it's not obvious it it possible to make almost standalone ms43 ecu with 069 like with 056?
Old 03-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #238
firebie

My Ride: e46
All latest developments are done mostly for v69.
v69 with EWS free - it is standalone.
firebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:42 AM   #239
Barracuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_cleverzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuz View Post

Yes, I emailed BMWLogger, SW69 hard codes DME number 7571017. This is a dme number that is unsupported by BMWLogger and they have not sent out an update to incorporate it. Unfortunately, you'll have to run SW56 to use BMWLogger.

Ah I see.

I managed to get testos to work. I think it's a little better as it updates in much faster intervals

Last edited by Barracuz; 03-10-2020 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:47 AM   #240
Madhouse

My Ride: BMW 330CI replicaM3
With the ms430066 update, can I use the tuner tables without problem, or do I have to update to ms430069?

Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote